Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AF Forum Mock Draft 2015 interest list & Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There's no point watching the draft on NFL Network IMO. Mayock completely ruins it by spoiling every pick. His usual effort is to talk about a certain player or players just before a team is about to pick and then at the last second go "or it could be Player X" (who is often a player in a completely different position) when he gets the word in his earpiece, which ends up being the correct pick. I'd half expect him to start sticking his tongue out to the camera saying "nah nah nah nah nah I called this pick correctly" this year.

I watched on ESPN last year and apart from Gruden talking up Manziel for every single pick it was far more enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

phatkev wrote: »
    Stephone Anthony has already been picked Barney

thanks had just started to watch tape on him,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Paully D wrote: »
    There's no point watching the draft on NFL Network IMO. Mayock completely ruins it by spoiling every pick. His usual effort is to talk about a certain player or players just before a team is about to pick and then at the last second go "or it could be Player X" (who is often a player in a completely different position) when he gets the word in his earpiece, which ends up being the correct pick. I'd half expect him to start sticking his tongue out to the camera saying "nah nah nah nah nah I called this pick correctly" this year.

I watched on ESPN last year and apart from Gruden talking up Manziel for every single pick it was far more enjoyable.

I muted the TV anytime he was talking. The thread on here with no spoilers is enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

phatkev wrote: »
    Stephone Anthony has already been picked Barney

Yeah I don't think he's down on the big list, because I searched for his name and it wasn't there. Was going to take him for Giants I think, before settling on Smith when I found he was gone.

Oops, just realised because the Bills didn't have a 1st round pick I forgot to include them on the big list. Same story for the Seahawks though and I included them so it was an oversight on my part. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Oops, just realised because the Bills didn't have a 1st round pick I forgot to include them on the big list. Same story for the Seahawks though and I included them so it was an oversight on my part. Sorry about that.
    Don't worry about it, you did great work to put it together. It was a great help to be able to search quickly for those players gone in the first 2 rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

And I'm after making a balls of the order I made that pick.. will rectify in due course apologies!

(I also made a balls of researching for the Skins and not the Chiefs... so will take a bit to sort that too! :pac)

Will hopefully have everything sorted in the next half hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Ok, crisis over. Hopefully I haven't picked anyone that has gone off the board already. Feel free to correct and let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

TJ Yeldon to the Raiders in round 3 is a good pick

I read on the Raiders thread the Vikings want a starting cornerback and a 1st round pick for Peterson. Great as he is the Raiders are wise to stay away from that price

Yeldon and Richardson form an Alamba backfield now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Ah sorry folks. I've made a bit of a hames of this. I'll go back and choose someone now. Sorry again. I made three picks and two of them had already been selected. Really bad GM-ing, I'd be fired on the spot if I tried that out in Chicago next week.

• Advertisement

Picks are up I think I got videos right this time, picked two wr an olb, had looked at qbs for chargers but when I watched the tapes of them they looked good but not future franchise qb s in my opinion, but Hau covers an area of injury concern and his tapes shoWed good pace and power to get at the qb I think he's a steal, had looked at Dt for chargers and bengals but just wasnt sure on them hadnt enough tape on some had plenty on one guy looked a beast but just searched to see what experts said on him he had bad interviews only wants 20 or 30 snaps a game no more, arrogant and took himself out of college games so I didnt fancy drafting him, I like both wr they have pace good hands can turn short pases into big gains remind me of kennan Allen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Anyone want to swap picks?
    I'm up next but won't have time til tomorrow evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Aaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh I'd forgotten that.

Your'e right completely ruins it for the audience. It's a joke that he is allowed do it. I'd prefer if they just let him speculate and end up looking like a complete arse.

Nice pick Tripperman... I've heard/read about that lad alright. And we're in dire need of pass rush.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Nice pick Tripperman... I've heard/read about that lad alright. And we're in dire need of pass rush.

thanks Leslie I was looking hundley and Grayson at qb and Tyler locket at wr but the tape of him was just to good to pass him over, his first step is good and his hand work on blocks is solid, only thing if he's in zone his catching of the ball is only moderate, I believe he was scheduled for a visit to san diego with tt

Also learnt a new term I never heard of before it was nfl.com or Walter football.com said he was number 1 bull pen smasher and the most natural instinctive pass rusher in the draft,

tripperman wrote: »
    thanks Leslie I was looking hundley and Grayson at qb and Tyler locket at wr but the tape of him was just to good to pass him over, his first step is good and his hand work on blocks is solid, only thing if he's in zone his catching of the ball is only moderate, I believe he was scheduled for a visit to san diego with tt

Also learnt a new term I never heard of before it was nfl.com or Walter football.com said he was number 1 bull pen smasher and the most natural instinctive pass rusher in the draft,

Did u have a look at Petty too? the lad from Baylor... Methinks one of the 3 QBs could end up a Bolt even if I don't believe we should pick one.

Never heard of 'bull pen smasher' before... something they musta made up on the spot.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Did u have a look at Petty too? the lad from Baylor... Methinks one of the 3 QBs could end up a Bolt even if I don't believe we should pick one.

Never heard of 'bull pen smasher' before... something they musta made up on the spot.

To be honest I didn't look at enough tape for him as i watched tape of Hau first and went back to him again and again to check him as it just seemed to real to have that good of tape and be on the board at round 3, I rank the qbs hundley
    Petty mannion and Grayson, one will end up a bolt but for me hau was a pick to replace jj and dwight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

sorry lads will need to be tomrorow evening for mine

I like the steelers pick he's has good instinct for getting around blocks from what I watched and can cover man or zone pretty ok to,

Picks will be done early afternoon

• Advertisement

Picks done, again sorry for the delay, Bogman PM'd

I like the Ravens pick Heli. :)

2015 Boards.ie Mock Draft
    Mock-Draft-326x159.jpg

Team |Round 1 |Round 2 | Round 3
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Jameis Winston (QB) | Cedric Ogbuehi (OL) | Preston Smith (DE)
    Tennessee Titans | Leonard Williams (DT) | DJ Humphries (OT) | Ronald Darby (CB)
    Jacksonville Jaguars | Brandon Scherff (OT) | Jay Ajayi (RB) | Lorenzo Mauldin (Rusher)
    Oakland Raiders | Amari Cooper (WR) | Arik Armstead (DT) | TJ Yeldon (RB)
    Washington Redskins | Dante Fowler Jr. (Rusher) | Dorial Green-Beckham (WR) | Daryl Williams (OT)
    New York Jets | Marcus Mariota (QB) | Cody Prewitt (S) | Lynden Trial (Rusher)
    Chicago Bears | Randy Gregory (Rusher) | Eric Kendricks (LB) | Donovan Smith (OT)
    Atlanta Falcons | Vic Beasley (Rusher) | Ameer Abdullah (RB) | Grady Jarrett (DT)
    New York Giants | Danny Shelton (DT) | Laken Tomlinson (OG) | Derron Smith (S)
    St Louis Rams | La'el Collins (OT) | Cameron Erving (C) | Alex Carter (CB)
    Minnesota Vikings | Kevin White (WR) | Carl Davis (DT) | Mitch Morse (G)
    Cleveland Browns | Shane Ray (Rusher) and DeVante Parker (WR) | Shaq Thompson (LB) | Nick O'Leary (TE)
    New Orleans Saints | Alvin 'Bud' Dupree (Rusher) and Denzel Perryman (LB) | Breshad Perriman (WR) | Devin Funchess (TE/WR) and Jarvis Harrison (G)
    Miami Dolphins | Trae Waynes (CB) | AJ Cann (OG) | N/A
    San Francisco 49ers | Malcolm Brown (DT) | Jaelen Strong (WR) | Tevin Coleman (RB)
    Houston Texans | Marcus Peters (CB) | Bernardrick McKinney (LB) | Reese Dismukes (C)
    San Diego Chargers | Melvin Gordon (RB) | Tre Jackson (OG) | Hau'oli Kikaha (Rusher)
    Kansas City Chiefs | Andrus Peat (OT) | Phillip Dorsett (WR) | Steven Nelson (CB)
    Buffalo Bills | N/A | Stephone Anthony (ILB) | Arie Kouandjio (G)
    Philadelphia Eagles | Landon Collins (S) | Eric Rowe (CB) | Tyler Lockett (WR)
    Cincinnati Bengals | Jordan Phillips (DT) | Jake Fischer (OT) | Rashad Greene (WR)
    Pittsburgh Steelers | Kevin Johnson (CB) | Demarious Randell (S) | Markus Golden (Rusher)
    Detroit Lions | Ereck Flowers (OT) | Michaell Bennett (DT) |Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (CB)
    Arizona Cardinals | Todd Gurley (RB) | Eli Harold (Rusher) | D'Joun Smith (CB)
    Carolina Panthers | TJ Clemmings (OT) | Nelson Agholor (WR) | Jaquiski Tartt (S)
    Baltimore Ravens | Devin Smith (WR) | PJ Williams (CB) | David Johnson (RB)
    Dallas Cowboys | Jalen Collins (CB) | Quentin Rollins (CB) | Frank Clark (Rusher)
    Denver Broncos | Owamagbe Odighizuwa (Rusher) | Clive Warford (TE) | Rob Havenstein (OT)
    Indianapolis Colts | Eddie Goldman (DT) | Ali Marpet (OG) | Gerod Holliman (S)
    Green Bay Packers | Maxx Williams (TE) | Paul Dawson (ILB) | Quandre Diggs (CB)
    Seattle Seahawks| N/A | Hroniss Grasu (C) | John Miller (G)
    New England Patriots | Byron Jones (CB) | Duke Johnson (RB) | Mario Edwards Jr (DE)

Picks done, again sorry for the delay, Bogman PM'd

That is not a good picture for Frank Clark, looks like a mug shot!!

^^^^^^^^^^

The Saints won't be out of the post season for long if that is their draft haul. Lots of impact players there.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    That is not a good picture for Frank Clark, looks like a mug shot!!

it is his mugshot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Will have picks up later tonight,away from laptop with my big board at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A deep threat receiver, a physical press cornerback and a running back, exactly what I wanted for my Ravens, good job all :D

Any Seahawks/Patriots fans want to take the last two picks and wrap this up? :) New GMs are welcome if you fancy a go

it is his mugshot :D

Well......... there you go then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Picks made....just hoping they weren't already picked. Don't know who's doing last two picks

Advertisement