Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AF Forum Mock Draft 2015 interest list & Chat

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Seattle be going o line anyway. Only so often you can watch Wilson running for his life every bloody play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

95 Seahawks
    96 Patriots
    97 Patriots
    98 Chiefs
    99 Bengals

Anyone want these picks? Take these picks off my hands :D

Cmon and lets close off this draft

At the very least we gotta do the Seahawks and Patriots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    95 Seahawks
    96 Patriots
    97 Chiefs
    98 Bengals

Anyone want these picks? Take these picks off my hands :D

Cmon and lets close off this draft

At the very least we gotta do the Seahawks and Patriots

I'm happy to take one or two if no one else wants them?

Paully D will be GM for the Seahawks and Patriots

Maybe a guard for both if there's quality out there? Is there a sleeper for the receiving corps? We'll see shortly

Realt Dearg Sec will make a pick tomorrow afternoon

Nearly finished :)

• Advertisement

That's me done for another year.

Round 1:
    Browns - DeVante Parker

Round 2:
    Texans - Bernardrick McKinney

Round 3:
    Buccaneers - Preston Smith
    Titans - Ronald Darby
    Jaguars - Lorenzo Mauldin
    Seahawks - John Miller
    Patriots - Mario Edwards Jr

Happy with that haul but there's one I wish I could take back. Looking back after watching some more tape etc, the one I'm most unhappy with is McKinney. I'd still have gone ILB for the Texans and McKinney is not bad, but the more I watch of Paul Dawson the more I think I made the wrong decision not taking him in that spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Paully D wrote: »
    Paul Dawson

His stock has taken an a big hit sense the combine and because of character concerns, but every time you watch his tape he's making plays sideline to sideline. The guys a baller!

phatkev wrote: »
    His stock has taken an a big hit sense the combine and because of character concerns, but every time you watch his tape he's making plays sideline to sideline. The guys a baller!

not great in coverage though i feel like 15 years ago he'd be a sure fire first rounder now who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

not great in coverage though i feel like 15 years ago he'd be a sure fire first rounder now who knows

I heard him talk about how his 40 time (v slow) has killed him. The NFL is so into speed.

The Bogman wrote: »
    Picks made....just hoping they weren't already picked. Don't know who's doing last two picks

Quentin Jammer's bro to the Pack...

Hope he has better hands than the big bro who could not catch a cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Realt Dearg Sec will make a pick tomorrow afternoon

Nearly finished :)

Sorry for the delay with this lads,had to clarify earlier because the patriots actually have two consecutive picks this round, then I had training, so I'll do the second of those in the next hour, then the chiefs soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hmm, not too sure I did a great job with those picks tbh. I know nothing about the Chiefs when it comes down to it but I didn't want to spend all night researching, there wasn't anyone really obvious jumping out at me, but I had a suspicion they need help with the O line. Not sure what Pats fans will make of the other pick but I really like him, he's a big man for a big occasion, and they need to keep drafting at WR at the moment.

One pick left, that's the Bengals. Anyone want it?

They took a defensive tackle and an offensive tackle so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

One pick left, that's the Bengals. Anyone want it?

They took a defensive tackle and an offensive tackle so far

I'll take a look and stick it up in the next hour or two. They have also added a WR which hits their top 3 needs as I was about to give them Chris Conley from Georgia. Back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Pick made, another weapon to try and get Andy Dalton over his play off failures.

Boom, we're done!

I guess Paully D will edit and post up the final list for your review and dat is dat :)

Boom, we're done!

I guess Paully D will edit and post up the final list for your review and dat is dat :)

Onto Thursday nite for real so!!, fair play Mike!!.

Hope Mayock keeps his mouth shut and stops ruining it prior to Goodell announcing the pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Good job Mikemac, enjoyed reading up/watching videos on the picks - my College football knowledge isn't the best to put it mildly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Well done Mike was good fun watching players I wouldn't have normally seen till they played in regular season games after the draft

Thought this was worth bumping ahead of tomorrow night so we can see how our first round compares to the real thing and beyond.

I just want to echo what others have said - great effort on this lads. 99 picks is some going! I've certainly learned a lot more about other teams and players and found it really enjoyable. Thanks Mike for running it.

Rumors that Mike has hit the bottle hard and has now sent the most PM's in Boards.ie history are yet to be confirmed. :pac:
    2015 Boards.ie Mock Draft
    Mock-Draft-326x159.jpg

Team |Round 1 |Round 2 | Round 3
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Jameis Winston (QB) | Cedric Ogbuehi (OL) | Preston Smith (DE)
    Tennessee Titans | Leonard Williams (DT) | DJ Humphries (OT) | Ronald Darby (CB)
    Jacksonville Jaguars | Brandon Scherff (OT) | Jay Ajayi (RB) | Lorenzo Mauldin (Rusher)
    Oakland Raiders | Amari Cooper (WR) | Arik Armstead (DT) | TJ Yeldon (RB)
    Washington Redskins | Dante Fowler Jr. (Rusher) | Dorial Green-Beckham (WR) | Daryl Williams (OT)
    New York Jets | Marcus Mariota (QB) | Cody Prewitt (S) | Lynden Trial (Rusher)
    Chicago Bears | Randy Gregory (Rusher) | Eric Kendricks (LB) | Donovan Smith (OT)
    Atlanta Falcons | Vic Beasley (Rusher) | Ameer Abdullah (RB) | Grady Jarrett (DT)
    New York Giants | Danny Shelton (DT) | Laken Tomlinson (OG) | Derron Smith (S)
    St Louis Rams | La'el Collins (OT) | Cameron Erving (C) | Alex Carter (CB)
    Minnesota Vikings | Kevin White (WR) | Carl Davis (DT) | Mitch Morse (G)
    Cleveland Browns | Shane Ray (Rusher) and DeVante Parker (WR) | Shaq Thompson (LB) | Nick O'Leary (TE)
    New Orleans Saints | Alvin 'Bud' Dupree (Rusher) and Denzel Perryman (LB) | Breshad Perriman (WR) | Devin Funchess (TE/WR) and Jarvis Harrison (G)
    Miami Dolphins | Trae Waynes (CB) | AJ Cann (OG) | N/A
    San Francisco 49ers | Malcolm Brown (DT) | Jaelen Strong (WR) | Tevin Coleman (RB)
    Houston Texans | Marcus Peters (CB) | Bernardrick McKinney (LB) | Reese Dismukes (C)
    San Diego Chargers | Melvin Gordon (RB) | Tre Jackson (OG) | Hau'oli Kikaha (Rusher)
    Kansas City Chiefs | Andrus Peat (OT) | Phillip Dorsett (WR) | Steven Nelson (CB) and Josue Matias (G)
    Buffalo Bills | N/A | Stephone Anthony (ILB) | Arie Kouandjio (G)
    Philadelphia Eagles | Landon Collins (S) | Eric Rowe (CB) | Tyler Lockett (WR)
    Cincinnati Bengals | Jordan Phillips (DT) | Jake Fischer (OT) | Rashad Greene (WR) and Blake Bell (TE)
    Pittsburgh Steelers | Kevin Johnson (CB) | Demarious Randell (S) | Markus Golden (Rusher)
    Detroit Lions | Ereck Flowers (OT) | Michaell Bennett (DT) |Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (CB)
    Arizona Cardinals | Todd Gurley (RB) | Eli Harold (Rusher) | D'Joun Smith (CB)
    Carolina Panthers | TJ Clemmings (OT) | Nelson Agholor (WR) | Jaquiski Tartt (S)
    Baltimore Ravens | Devin Smith (WR) | PJ Williams (CB) | David Johnson (RB)
    Dallas Cowboys | Jalen Collins (CB) | Quentin Rollins (CB) | Frank Clark (Rusher)
    Denver Broncos | Owamagbe Odighizuwa (Rusher) | Clive Warford (TE) | Rob Havenstein (OT)
    Indianapolis Colts | Eddie Goldman (DT) | Ali Marpet (OG) | Gerod Holliman (S)
    Green Bay Packers | Maxx Williams (TE) | Paul Dawson (ILB) | Quandre Diggs (CB)
    Seattle Seahawks| N/A | Hroniss Grasu (C) | John Miller (G)
    New England Patriots | Byron Jones (CB) | Duke Johnson (RB) | Mario Edwards Jr (DE) and Sammie Coates (WR)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

I got it right, I got it right... loldidn't happen how I actually thought it would but right man to right team.. I'm happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

I got the right position but wrong player for the 49ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

My pick for the Colts was way off Goldman still on the board,

Mocked Jake Fischer to the Bengals at 53 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Mocked a rb to jags in 2nd. Got the right position but chose the wrong player. Still though 75% not bad from two picks.

My actual in running picks were terrible though lol

Mocked McKinney to the Texans in the 2nd, sweet. :)

Had Smith, Darby and Edwards to teams in the 3rd and they went in the 2nd in real life. Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

image.png?w=500&c=1

Obviously 1 year in is too early to deem most picks as definite successes or failures, but I thought it would be interesting to bump this so we can see how we got on with our picks now that these guys have all but finished their first regular season in the NFL.

Personally, I had:

Round 1 - DeVante Parker
    Round 2 - Bernardrick McKinney
    Round 3 - Preston Smith, Ronald Darby, Lorenzo Mauldin, John Miller and Mario Edwards Jr

DeVante Parker unfortunately suffered big time with injuries so has only managed a short amount of time on the field, though I have seen enough in flashes to think he'll be a solid WR in this league. McKinney has started 9 games (and appeared in 12) but did suffered a concussion and sprained MCL throughout the year. He hasn't been as good as the Texans would have hoped, but they do feel he's getting better every week and that is true. Next year will be a big and telling one for these two guys.

Preston Smith has had a bit of a mixed first season. In a lowpoint, his teammates called him out for a play he visibly gave up on which cost the Redskins a TD against the Saints, but he has 7 sacks and 3 forced fumbles, racking up 3 of those sacks in that huge game against the Eagles on Saturday night. Has to go down as a success so far. Ronald Darby is a stud, enough said. Maudlin has had a good rookie season overall and has been very good since the Jaguars game in November despite suffering a scary injury early on. John Miller has been pretty atrocious in all honesty (PFF ranked him as the worst G in the league this year the last time I checked a few weeks ago). Mario Edwards Jr has been good, with a few Raiders reports saying that the amount of pressure he is putting on the passer isn't reflected fairly in his stats which is causing him to not get the recognition he deserves.

So - albeit early - 1 player that definitely need another year before we judge (Parker), 1 player that hasn't lived up to expectations but has shown enough to wait another year on (McKinney), 4 first year successes (Smith, Darby, Maudlin and Edwards Jr) and 1 big bust (Miller). Pretty good overall.

Anyone else happy or unhappy with their picks looking back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Paully D wrote: »
    Obviously 1 year in is too early to deem most picks as definite successes or failures, but I thought it would be interesting to bump this so we can see how we got on with our picks now that these guys have all but finished their first regular season in the NFL.

Personally, I had:

Round 1 - DeVante Parker
    Round 2 - Bernardrick McKinney
    Round 3 - Preston Smith, Ronald Darby, Lorenzo Mauldin, John Miller and Mario Edwards Jr

DeVante Parker unfortunately suffered big time with injuries so has only managed a short amount of time on the field, though I have seen enough in flashes to think he'll be a solid WR in this league. McKinney has started 9 games (and appeared in 12) but did suffered a concussion and sprained MCL throughout the year. He hasn't been as good as the Texans would have hoped, but they do feel he's getting better every week and that is true. Next year will be a big and telling one for these two guys.

Preston Smith has had a bit of a mixed first season. In a lowpoint, his teammates called him out for a play he visibly gave up on which cost the Redskins a TD against the Saints, but he has 7 sacks and 3 forced fumbles, racking up 3 of those sacks in that huge game against the Eagles on Saturday night. Has to go down as a success so far. Ronald Darby is a stud, enough said. Maudlin has had a good rookie season overall and has been very good since the Jaguars game in November despite suffering a scary injury early on. John Miller has been pretty atrocious in all honesty (PFF ranked him as the worst G in the league this year the last time I checked a few weeks ago). Mario Edwards Jr has been good, with a few Raiders reports saying that the amount of pressure he is putting on the passer isn't reflected fairly in his stats which is causing him to not get the recognition he deserves.

So - albeit early - 1 player that definitely need another year before we judge (Parker), 1 player that hasn't lived up to expectations but has shown enough to wait another year on (McKinney), 4 first year successes (Smith, Darby, Maudlin and Edwards Jr) and 1 big bust (Miller). Pretty good overall.

Anyone else happy or unhappy with their picks looking back?

As a Cowboys fan I'm happy with round one pick Byron Jones, we nee to settle him into a spot now, be it FS, Safety or corner seeing as he's been tried everywhere, Randy Gregory from round two should be betr next season and La'el Collins undrafted has been a great addition..

• Advertisement
Advertisement