Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AF Forum Mock Draft 2015 interest list & Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Prefab Sprouter is going to step in and make the Raiders pick

Being a Raiders fan n'all it's sure to be a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Brandon Scherff to the Jags at 3. Bit of a reach?

I think I've seen at least 6/7 mocks have Jags taking Dante Flower, Schreff is an interesting pick - but that's the joys of the draft, who know's what in the GM's minds!!!

This GM here for example hasn't a clue who the Chiefs will be picking in a few days time... And the Bills in the 2nd, Do I have to try to think like Rex???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

think like Rex???

Defensive line it is so!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Good pick prefab defo between Cooper and White there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

phatkev wrote: »
    Defensive line it is so!:pac:

And a foot fetish and Sanchize tattoo!!

• Advertisement

I think I've seen at least 6/7 mocks have Jags taking Dante Flower, Schreff is an interesting pick - but that's the joys of the draft, who know's what in the GM's minds!!!

This GM here for example hasn't a clue who the Chiefs will be picking in a few days time... And the Bills in the 2nd, Do I have to try to think like Rex???

Scherff is just a surprise a I havn't come across it as a pick. The "experts" seem to have him to either us or the Rams.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Good pick prefab defo between Cooper and White there.

Tough one to call but I would go Cooper as well. He has everything you want to step in and help Carr straight away.

If Al was around it would obviously be White over Cooper but if McKenzie has sense he will ignore tradition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Cooper is a good choice for raiders will give Carr a great target straight off and red zone threat which there lacking, jags do need ol draft but pass rusher in first Fowler was what I thought, he's not far behind williams in talent

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

McKenzie is under serious pressure. He needs to have a really good draft but thankfully the WR class is promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i think raiders will have more out of cooper - he can play in the slot! he also wants to be on the ball - he had a huge amount of plays in alabama and has an air about him when he gets the ball that he can beat players!! i think cooper is the better choice of wr - good pick!

• Advertisement

Redskins GM pm'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Missed this somehow, if anyone drops out and can't make their picks feel free to fire me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Missed this somehow, if anyone drops out and can't make their picks feel free to fire me a PM.

You can take mine Cookie, I won't be able to put as much time into write ups as I would have liked.

GMs can edit their posts later . No problem to add the selection on your phone but if can you add pics & videos later that'd be great. Tbh it's expected

Jets GM pm'ed, a lot of other GM's watching this pick!!

Onecoolcookie now a GM

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

Jags taking a guard at #3 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

mikemac1 wrote: »

Onecoolcookie now a GM

Not having a go at anyone and I know it's all only a bit of fun but a case of line jumping no? After the 32 GM's, myself and two others expressed interest in taking part so by my reckoning if Jamarcus isn't taking part gufc21 should be asked if he's still interested? He was no. 33 to express interest. Fair play to mikemac putting all together though....enjoy following this every year.

And on the draft itself....Scherff at 3 to the Jags??? I'd be astounded if Bradley doesn't go for the marquee defensive player he so badly needs.

You are correct and I didn't check GMs 33 onwards :o

We need a GM for the Jags at pick 36 due to a troll signing up so that'll be offered down the list

I like the Fowler pick for Washington, gives them a nice pass rushing rotation at the LB position along with Kerrigan and Murphy. the QBs of the NFC East will have to be on their toes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Jaguars have blown the draft wide open at #3 already, and though there has been some criticism of the pick and not one I would have made, I can understand why Frostie when for it. Offensive line is a huge need for the Jags (despite investing lots of high picks on offense lately), they've made a significant investment in Bortles and they definitely need to protect him better. In addition to that, their run game ranked in the bottom 5 in most of the major categories last year and that is an area where really Scherff excels at. Sophomore QB and no run game isn't exactly promising! It's not a sexy pick but he's the best offensive lineman in the draft and the Jags would get a major upgrade at a problem position that will plug straight in and play to a high level for as long as he's there. I'd have gone for an edge rusher however, though I have seen Scherff mocked as high as Washington at #5 by a respected NFL writer.

Also, any chance we can speed things up a bit lads? If we keep going at the rate we are going at (5 picks in 4 days), we'll barely get the first round finished before the actual draft starts! :pac:

Take a guard in the second if you like, I'd trade down or go BPA if I'm the Jags at #3. I'd take Fowler at #3

• Advertisement

Mariota at 6 is the source of my nightmares!

A serious upgrade on Geno though. :cool:

He may be an upgrade, but the Jets should be drafting best player available at 6 and that would not be Mariota imo

Mariota gives them a chance to compete now! Defence is stacked, need another receiver to go with Decker but MM gives them a shot at winning the division

Jovetic wrote: »
    Mariota gives them a chance to compete now!

No he doesnt, he's not ready to face NFL defenses. He needs some serious coaching(something the Jets seem incapable of when it comes to QBs)and time before he's ready to start. If the Jets do happen to draft him I would hope that they let him sit behind Fitz/Geno and learn the system/learn the playbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

phatkev wrote: »
    No he doesnt, he's not ready to face NFL defenses. He needs some serious coaching(something the Jets seem incapable of when it comes to QBs)and time before he's ready to start. If the Jets do happen to draft him I would hope that they let him sit behind Fitz/Geno and learn the system/learn the playbook

Like i said, i think the Jets would trade the pick but if they have to stay put then you have to take the QB there imo. You need a good qb to win in this league and Mariota has HUGE upside. I think in that situation he would sit behind Fitz for a year but there's always the problem of the clamour of the NY media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭franglan

If you draft Mariota at 6,there is no doubt he sees action in 2015. The days of redshirting early 1st round QB's is most likely over.
    Jets should go with Fitzpatrick as a game manager and hope he can do that. Personally I would go for best player position in a position of need for the jets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

I do think the jets need a reboot at qb but mariota is not the guy for them he needs a stable qb friendly franchise, they don't seem to be able to help a rookie qb grow, I think they take ol lineman or pass rusher,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Apparently the Buccaneers has zeroed in on Jameis Winston as its target. So I started wondering, where will Mariota end up? My bets are on the Titans. Anyone else ?

• Advertisement

Rams at 10 have been touted also. Jeff Fischer does have the history of drafting a mobile QB with Vince Young

Foles only has one year left on his deal so Mariota could sit and learn for a year or get thrown in later if the playoffs are missed.

With Bradford and Jake Long off the books the Rams will have cap space in the future and they are drafting well, future looks bright and a good spot for a rookie QB

Titans at 2 seems awful high, don't see it

Advertisement