Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AF Forum Mock Draft 2015 interest list & Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will make my pick in the next couple of hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Make it a good 'un

No pressure :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any reason why you went for Smith over Strong in that spot, Heli? I'd personally prefer Strong there but I also wouldn't complain with Smith!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    Any reason why you went for Smith over Strong in that spot, Heli? I'd personally prefer Strong there but I also wouldn't complain with Smith!

flip of a coin this morning tbh paully, I'd rate them both similarly. Yeah Strong is physically bigger, but I think Smith has a bit more of that bite about him on the field.

tbh im hoping one of them is there for the Titans 2nd round pick

If we go receiver he'll have to a deep threat anyway.

Already have strong (Boldin type) recievers like Steve Smith, Marlon Brown and Kamar Aiken on the roster, Campanaro for the slot too.

4.45 40 time and track background sounds encouraging

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    If we go receiver he'll have to a deep threat anyway.

Already have strong (Boldin type) recievers like Steve Smith, Marlon Brown and Kamar Aiken on the roster, Campanaro for the slot too.

4.45 40 time and track background sounds encouraging

i think he can be hes quick and tenacious with the ball there to be caught, he doesnt have the size of Strong... but i belive its the size of the fight in the dog and not the size of the dog in the fight

just look at Justin Hunter :(

PM'd unitedirishman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Jeeeeeeeeeez the suspension is killing me..... Pull the trigger Morrissseeee!!!.

Sincere apologies folks, I was following it last Monday/Tuesday and waiting to 'pull the trigger' but my mother went into A&E and it's been a bit hectic since :o
    /word of advice, stay away from A&E if ye can help it, it's like a warzone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Sincere apologies folks, I was following it last Monday/Tuesday and waiting to 'pull the trigger' but my mother went into A&E and it's been a bit hectic since :o
    /word of advice, stay away from A&E if ye can help it, it's like a warzone!

No worries bud. Hope your mum is doing good.

Who would u have picked had u been there for #17 out of interest?

Cowboys pick made. PM sent to next GM (Pudsy33). FYI here is the list of who is gone thus far;

winston
    williams
    scherff
    cooper
    dante fowler
    mariota
    randy gregory
    vic beasley
    shelton
    La'el collins
    kevin white
    shane ray
    bud dupree
    waynes
    malcom brown
    marcus peters
    gordon
    peat
    devante parker
    collins safety
    phillips nt
    flowers
    gurley
    clemmings
    devin smith
    jalen collins

Had to be defense for me for the Boys. They are in poor shape in the secondary but I had a look at Goldman for the D line. Was also tempted by Perryman the WR who could be this years ODB in terms of where he might be picked up in the draft. Collins has the size for the new prototypical corner being almost 6" 2 and has so much upside. Being a Cowboy after coming from LSU should help focus his mind on being the player he can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Looks like I missed my pick then!

• Advertisement

The Ravens picked yesterday morning.

Sorry, I know you had some options lined up but have to keep moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The Ravens picked yesterday morning.

Sorry, I know you had some options lined up but have to keep moving

That's fair enough. Wasn't at a computer from Sat eve onwards so couldn't get on. As it happens my pick was off the board by the time I was picking anyways (Gurley).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Love the Goldman picks to the Colts. Its the player I really want us to draft, would perfectly fit our scheme.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Love the Goldman picks to the Colts. Its the player I really want us to draft, would perfectly fit our scheme.

I'll b very interested to see how he pans out no matter where he ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Sorry about the delay first time gm and kept changing my mind but settled on Eddie Goldman Dt, I know dt isnt a big need for colts but i didnt feel comfortable picking any safety left this early and no quality o line players to improve the team, goldman is a top prospect that just needs a little work but should be a pro bowl, i remember watching them struggling to stop the run in games, will pm next gm now

tripperman wrote: »
    Sorry about the delay first time gm and kept changing my mind but settled on Eddie Goldman Dt, I know dt isnt a big need for colts but i didnt feel comfortable picking any safety left this early and no quality o line players to improve the team, goldman is a top prospect that just needs a little work but should be a pro bowl, i remember watching them struggling to stop the run in games, will pm next gm now

Humphries or the center Erving are the best 2 left for me. Erving could be the next "Pouncey".

Humphries or the center Erving are the best 2 left for me. Erving could be the next "Pouncey".

Didn't think they would improve colts oline, but i could be wrong,

tripperman wrote: »
    Didn't think they would improve colts oline, but i could be wrong,

Their main center last yr was an undrafted FA. If Erving is there they might take him. Harrison might then move to G.

Their main center last yr was an undrafted FA. If Erving is there they might take him. Harrison might then move to G.

I'll be honest I had to look at you tube videos of there o line as i wouldnt know them well at all, but i thought they were light at rt and lt but erick flowers, peat and tj clemmings were gone,the only one I thought were instant improvements across the line, hadn't watched enough tape of erving or Humphries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Some people will say that the Packers will only take the best LB or CB at this spot in the draft but I think if the draft unfolds as it has in this mock draft that McCarthy will take Maxx Williams at 30.

Pm sent to HigginsJ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

cant say i agree eagle eye. packers are a draft what we need not whats best on the board type of team

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

yeah teddy has always been a i dont care about best player on the board - he is a best player that we need.... although i kinda like that pick tbh - i dont think it will happen but imagine if packers address te with first pick.... then try move up to about the rams or falcons pick in the second to pick up perriman or mackinney! thats what id like to do but i think teddy will either trade down to early the second or just pick the best ilb

Perryman is still out there!.

Perryman is still out there!.

no ilb's are taken yet - so perryman is still available - mock drafts have him top 10 in round two!

no ilb's are taken yet - so perryman is still available - mock drafts have him top 10 in round two!

Yeah. ILBs not a strong class this yr. McKinney is the pick of the bunch for me. Kendricks is just ok I reckon certainly they are no CJ Mosleys or Borlands in this draft.

EDIT: the Perriman I'm talking about is the WR. Oooops I see I spelt last name wrong above.

totally agree - and to be honest thats what makes it a really tough draft for packers - albeit a nice problem to be in! All depending on the draft tbh! There is a lot of buzz around the cb's this season - intially the pool of CB's was seen to be weak and i think it is but now there is waynes, collins, peters, williams, jones, johnson all viaing for round 1 - i think its a push that most of them are even being considered.... waynes, peters and maybe collins - after that i think they should all be at least round 2! Thats where if you ted - do you reach for a round 2 player in the 1st - or do you try to get a extra 3rd or 4th pick and then pick early the second! Decisions decisions

Personally i think i would take the best ilb - and i like perryman as a pure run stuffer - not great chasing the runner - but at least if beastmode is running straight at him you know he is gonna try stop him - not like the 1st game of last season where no1 wanted to tackle him!

There goes Denzel Perryman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Pick made, PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Patriots pick made. I dont expect them to be picking at 32 as they always trade down! :pac:

• Advertisement

the draft order is wrong for the 2nd round.

Should be Buccs - Titans, but Mike has the Titans going with the 1st pick

Advertisement