Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AF Forum Mock Draft 2015 interest list & Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Leslie91 wrote: »
    The bringing in of so many QBs really irks me. Philip is contracted to play for us in 2015 minimum. Yes there's a v small chance he could be traded prior to 2015 season but I don't see this happening for a second. And even if it did happen it is not like one of these rookies is ready to play. Instead we'd be going into battle with Clemens and an unproven rookie backup, no thanks to that.

All these visits are wasted opps to see other players like O linemen, pass rushers etc.

I agree with you, would rather they look further into rb as well seems good value in round 3/4 this year, dt/lb seems good value in mid rounds to, could be worth looking at them to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I was thinking about this last night actually - watching a steelers ravens game. why did the Jags let Monroe walk again?

He was one of the highest paid players on their team. Was a top ten pick (8th overall) in the 2009 draft back when rookies got outrageous salaries. Maybe not a factor for the Jags who don't struggle with cap space

He was entering the last year of his contract and they got a 4th & 5th from the Ravens for him.

He probably would have gone elsewhere in FA so may as well get two draft picks a year early. They also spent the No.2 pick in 2013 on Luke Joeckel so they had another high profile tackle on the roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I do like Cody Prewitt, his stock has taken a bit of a hit as he seemed to be protecting himself last year. It seems a bit early for him at this point (think he will be around in the early 3rd round)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Love that Dorial Green-Beckham pick. Despite his well documented off field issues, I can't help but think he's an absolute steal in the second round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Paully D wrote: »
    Love that Dorial Green-Beckham pick. Despite his well documented off field issues, I can't help but think he's an absolute steal in the second round.

I concur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Cody Prewitt wouldn't have been my pick, but I really cant argue with the taken him there. pair him up with Pryor and the Jets could potentially have a decent set of safeties for the next decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

No worries bud. Hope your mum is doing good.

Who would u have picked had u been there for #17 out of interest?

Many thanks Leslie91.

I think I would have gone with Parker (WR) but was also considering beefing up the O-Line, although with some top guys gone, it could have waited until another round.

I should be ok for the 2nd round, unless my spot is gone, and that's ok, just let me know.

/My mother has had a terrible run of events, enough to knock out some of the toughest American Footballers around, in that last year and a half she's had: a broken arm, concussion, chemotherapy, broken hip, radiotherapy and lastly a suspected stroke !! I told her to quit American Football but she insists on playing the RB position :eek:

Realt Dearg Sec is going to step in and make the Bears pick

We got stalled for a little while but we have a Bears man making the pick here so bound to be a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Realt Dearg Sec is going to step in and make the Bears pick

We got stalled for a little while but we have a Bears man making the pick here so bound to be a good one :)

No pressure then Realt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

No pressure then Realt...

That's exactly what I was thinking. I picked Kendricks, despite the fact that it means us drafting another LB along with picking up one in FA. I gave serious thought to one or other of the WRs on the board, which IRL the Bears will probably pick up having dropped Marshall. I also actually had picked Darby and written up a thing on him, but decided I was just overreacting to the loss of Charles Tillman late last night. A CB who is weak against the run is the last thing the Bears need. We need a safety as a matter of urgency but I wasn't going to reach for one, which would have had to happen. Couldn't believe Kendricks had fallen this far though, so kind of had to take him, think he's a steal there.

Unless I missed him being picked earlier, but I checked twice and didn't see it.

• Advertisement

thanks for that ^^^

Giants GM pm'ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

thanks for that ^^^

Giants GM pm'ed

My pleasure, had intended getting involved in the draft anyway but forgot to post in the interest thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

That's exactly what I was thinking. I picked Kendricks, despite the fact that it means us drafting another LB along with picking up one in FA. I gave serious thought to one or other of the WRs on the board, which IRL the Bears will probably pick up having dropped Marshall. I also actually had picked Darby and written up a thing on him, but decided I was just overreacting to the loss of Charles Tillman late last night. A CB who is weak against the run is the last thing the Bears need. We need a safety as a matter of urgency but I wasn't going to reach for one, which would have had to happen. Couldn't believe Kendricks had fallen this far though, so kind of had to take him, think he's a steal there.

Unless I missed him being picked earlier, but I checked twice and didn't see it.

Nice pick. Personally might have went for Strong at WR (big fan) but love that pick anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Update

1. Tampa Bay Buccanneers - Jameis Winston, Quarterback, Florida State University.
    2. Tennessee Titans - Leonard Williams, Defensive End, University of Southern California
    3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Brandon Scherff, Guard, Iowa
    4. Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper, Wide Receiver, Alabama
    5. Washington Redskins - Donte Fowler JR, Defensive End, Florida
    6. New York Jets - Marcus Moriata, Quaterback, Oregon
    7. Chicago Bears - Randy Gregorey, Outside Linebacker, Nebraska
    8. Atlanta Falcons - Vic Beasley, Outside Linebacker, Clemson University
    9. New York Giants - Danny Shelton, Defensive Tackle, Washington
    10. St Louis Rams - La'el Collins, Offensive Tackle, LSU.
    11. Minnesota Vikings - Kevin White, Wide Receiver, West Virginia University
    12. Cleveland Browns - Shane Ray, OLB/DE, Missouri
    13. New Orleans Saints - Bud Dupree, Outside Linebacker, Kentucky
    14. Miami Dolphins - Trae Waynes, Cornerback, Michigan State
    15. San Francisco 49ers - Malcom Brown, Defensive Tackle, University of Texas
    16. Houston Texans - Marcus Peters, Cornerback, University of Washington
    17. San Diego Chargers - Melvin Gordan, Running Back, Wisconson
    18. Kansas City Chiefs - Andrus Peat, Offensive Lineman, Stanford
    19. Cleveland Browns - DeVante Parker, Wide Receiver, Louisville
    20. Philadelphia Eagles - Landon Collins, Safety, Alabama
    21. Cincinnati Bengals - Jordan Phillips, NT, Oklahoma
    22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kevin Johnson, Cornerback, Wake Forest
    23. Detroit Lions - Ereck Flowers, Offensive Tackle, Miami
    24. Arizona Cardinals - Todd Gurley, Running Back, Georgia
    25. Carolina Panthers - TJ Clemmings, Offensive Tackle, Pittsburgh
    26. Baltimore Ravens - Devin Smith, Wide Receiver, Ohio State University.
    27. Dallas Cowboys - Jalen Collins, Cornerback, LSU
    28. Denver Broncos - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE/OLB, UCLA
    29. Indianapolis Colts - Eddie Goldman, Defensive Tackle, Florida State
    30. Green Bay Packers - Maxx Williams, Tight End, Minnesota
    31. New Orleans Saints - Denzel Perryman, Inside Linebacker, University of Miami.
    32. New England Patriots - Byron Jones, Cornerback, Connecticut

33. Tennessee Titans - D.J. Humphries, Offensive Lineman, Florida
    34. Tampa Bay Bucs - Cedrick Ogbuehi, Offensive Lineman, Texas A&M
    35. Oakland Raiders - Arik Armstead, DL, Oregon
    36. Jax Jags - Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State
    37. Jets - Cody Prewitt, S, Mississippi
    38. Washington Redskins - Dorial Green Beckham - WR - Oklahoma
    39. Chicago Bears - Eric Kendricks, OLB/ILB UCLA
    40. NY Giants on the clock

really interesting draft so far id question some of the picks but thats kind of why i like it its awesome to see a genuinely different mock draft and who the **** knows ye could well be right there are picks every year in the actually draft that supprise me.........sooo..ya good job everyone keep it up :D

Rams GM dropped out and Leslie91 will make the pick

Sorry Empacher but it was gone over a day and we had to move on. Any GM can pm picks to me if you're not going to be around

What's up Mr Giants GM?

I know I'm annoying, I know, I know :rolleyes:

Taking the time to post pics and videos is appreciated and tbh it's expected. Only one GM came back to me and if a laptop failed that can't be helped so that's cool.

GM's say they will do it later but it just does not happen, never ever

I know I'm annoying ye with pm's but it's not for me, it's for the few hundred who will read your post. It also makes it difficult to read as two picks got missed initially when the list above was being typed up by Leslie91 ^^^

Come on guys, takes less then 1 minute to jazz up the posts

Last year almost all the 2nd round and every single post of the 3rd round had this sorted.

You probably cannot edit the posts now but pm'ing a mod will sort this

What's up Mr Giants GM?

Knex is going to step in and make the Giants pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

I know I'm annoying, I know, I know :rolleyes:

Taking the time to post pics and videos is appreciated and tbh it's expected. Only one GM came back to me and if a laptop failed that can't be helped so that's cool.

GM's say they will do it later but it just does not happen, never ever

I know I'm annoying ye with pm's but it's not for me, it's for the few hundred who will read your post. It also makes it difficult to read as two picks got missed initially when the list above was being typed up by Leslie91 ^^^

Come on guys, takes less then 1 minute to jazz up the posts

Last year almost all the 2nd round and every single post of the 3rd round had this sorted.

You probably cannot edit the posts now but pm'ing a mod will sort this

I tried to edit mine when video and pictures came up as text but was locked, I'm not great on the computer stuff like that

• Advertisement

A mod can help you out if you ask :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Knex is going to step in and make the Giants pick

Done :)

And damn that was hard! :pac:

Rams pick made Glued is on the clock for the Falcons.

I've PMd Glued.

I'm on my phone so when I get back to laptop will doll up my Cameron Erving pick, and I will ;-)

just to clarify i was the one who got back with the busted laptop, my desktop also flunked the same week. shoukd have the new pc built this week. i apologise all and will post up pics and vids of my picks in the chat thread wednesday once im back online properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knex. wrote: »
    Done :)

And damn that was hard! :pac:

Would have been the pick I would have made. Best OG in the class. If our 1st 2 picks work out like this I'd be very happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

4 players for 2 positions I have my eye on for the Texans at #19 (well, #51 to be precise). 9 picks left, I wonder if any of them will fall?

just going to do my write ups for my picks here here a mod can feel free to edit and move them where necessary.

redskins Draft I went with Donte Fowler Jr. Redskins need to get after the qb and Fowler gives them that, he is versitile as he has been played in different positions at different weights, He has long and strong, a great athlete with a great first step, I really believe when a pro team takes him and sets him into one position he will hit a probowl or two

On the down side he has been bounced around positions and weights so much he is still pretty raw in some aspects of the game, and pretty much if you beat him you beat him he probably isnt going to get back into it, but as I said that can be improved once he nails down a position

Cody Prewitt. Realistically if I was the jets I'd look to trade down and pick him up in the bottom half of round 2 but I took him in our mock as he is who I would pick up late second/early third.

Make no mistake you aren't going to be picking up a superstar from the get go here at all but what you will pick up is a 6'2 safety that is dependable. His closing speed is better than you think, he lead the sec in interceptions last year so has an eye for the ball and if he gets going at in a straight line he will take you down often harder than you expect from a safety.

On the other hand his lateral movement isn't the best and he's an average athlete who doesn't play as big as he should.

fair play ^^^^

I'll pm a mod and ask them to edit those in for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

If the Browns can these 3 picks in the actual draft I'd say they'd be extremely happy, Shaq Thompson is really good value at #43 imo

• Advertisement

phatkev wrote: »
    If the Browns can these 3 picks in the actual draft I'd say they'd be extremely happy

The GMs on boards.ie would do a better job than the Cleveland front office :p

Advertisement