Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubman Aftershave Lotion. Cheap on E-Bay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Cost me €11.37 including delivery. Not bad.
    It has a classic American barbershop smell.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/6-floz-177ml-Clubman-After-Shave-Lotion-/381037156569?

I got some in a trade a while ago on here and I'm a fan. It's completely different to pretty much everything else I have.

I'm surprised they shipped it for that cheap considering the issues with shipping flammable liquids in the US.

I think the next 'classic' American after shave I'm going to try out is Aqua Velva. You can get it for about the same as the Pinaud above so not much loss if I don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Clubman is very nice, I have some of the Vanilla in transit from the UK.

For Aqua Velva try here, these guys are good to deal with and anytime I've bought from them the shipping has been reasonably fast -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aqua-Velva-After-Shave-Ice-Blue-7-oz-/381156702451
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aqua-Velva-Musk-After-Shave-3-5-Oz-/380256687148

They do Clubman also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

They say Aqua Velva is similar to Floid Blue.

Specifically the AV Ice Blue and not the Musk version. The fact I have about a bottle and a half of Floid Blue has made me not want to purchase AV Ice Blue any time soon. I'm sure I will at some point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I got some in a trade a while ago on here and I'm a fan. It's completely different to pretty much everything else I have.

..was it myself?

I think the Clubman range benefit from being sprayed on, rather than splashed. A big change in the nature of the scent. There are days, if your skin is sensitive, splashing can be an experience you'd rather not have, in the morning. :eek:

Clubman is dirt cheap in the US, if you shop around. I think it was hovering about $5.99, for the 177ml/6 fl oz size, back when the exchange rate was in our favour..

• Advertisement

It was indeed from yourself. I've yet to experience a really bad stinging sensation from it thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

My late father used Clubman Vanilla. Clubman was sold in glass bottles, instead of plastic, so, it's a few years now.

The product's price was unreal, very very low and the sort of item you'd pick up from a neglected bargain basket.. Not appreciated at the time, sadly. Early 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Have any of you received yours yet? I ordered one but still no sign of it.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Have any of you received yours yet? I ordered one but still no sign of it.

No, not yet. It left the New York sorting office on the 3rd of March.

Received it today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement