Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Raj In The Rain

Options
  • 21-02-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Just wondering if Raj In The Rain was ever released on DVD.
    Its about the Anglo Irish Accendensy in Ireland.
    I live not far from one of the Manor Houses filmed in the documentary and would love to get a copy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I missed that, sounds interesting. It was made by Trust Films and they have a Facebook page where I found this:

"The official launch of RAJ IN THE RAIN: Directors Cut: DVD is next year, but.....people have been asking for copies now. This is the 2 hr definitive cut and not the edition screened on RTE. So if you'd like this unique item email your request to trustfilmsinternational@gmail.com. . It'll cost you 20 euros inc p+p."

https://www.facebook.com/TrustFilms

Might just get a copy myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

That's great news. Know alot of people will in the area will be very interested in this as well.
    Thanks again.

Having looked at a clip of it on Vimeo..........it reminds me of the TV series 'Blandings'! Even though 'Raj' was a documentary and not a comedy show I really think I would be entertained by it. :D

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Having looked at a clip of it on Vimeo..........it reminds me of the TV series 'Blandings'! Even though 'Raj' was a documentary and not a comedy show I really think I would be entertained by it. :D

Exactly. Remember Mark Bence Jones from when I was young .
    Very eccentric man. Wouldn't see many of his type around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Raj in the Rain has been on RTE a few times, I saw it again last year in May or June. It's an excellent documentary.

You might also be interested in another documentary called The Other Irish Travellers which is about Anglo-Irish families that left Ireland in the 1930's. The full doc. was shown as part of the BBC Storyville series and can be found online for free.

• Advertisement

Raj in the Rain has been on RTE a few times, I saw it again last year in May or June. It's an excellent documentary.

You might also be interested in another documentary called The Other Irish Travellers which is about Anglo-Irish families that left Ireland in the 1930's. The full doc. was shown as part of the BBC Storyville series and can be found online for free.

Missed when it was on unfortunately. Only caught the trailer on YouTube.
    Waiting to see if I can get the DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

AFAIK that video was based on the book 'Twilight of the Ascendancy' by MBJ.
    I ordered a copy to read through the ILAC library, I'm sure it's available country wide.

A very informative book and what appears to be an honest and collective and sometimes self-effacing appraisal of how the ascendancy lived in Ireland.

As regards eccentricity, it seems to go hand in hand with being Anglo-Irish.

So that's where I get my sense of the ridiculous! :D

Advertisement