Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Enniskerry/Roundwood area

Options
  • 21-02-2015 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend good pubs in enniskerry/roundwood area? were planning a bit of a crawl from the dublin mountains down into wicklow. tochar house and glencormac inn are 2 weve picked out. Is mac's bar in enniskerry any good? were looking for traditional irish old man pubs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niall_daaS

danmci wrote: »
    can anyone recommend good pubs in enniskerry/roundwood area? were planning a bit of a crawl from the dublin mountains down into wicklow. tochar house and glencormac inn are 2 weve picked out. Is mac's bar in enniskerry any good? were looking for traditional irish old man pubs

Been to Mac's Bar once on an early afternoon about 3 years ago. Was a very small pub, not special. It didn't have that old rural pub style you know? Not these packed walls with old pictures, signs and all this stuff. There were a few locals (I guess...) hanging out and having a Pint. And me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Niall_daaS wrote: »
    Been to Mac's Bar once on an early afternoon about 3 years ago. Was a very small pub, not special. It didn't have that old rural pub style you know? Not these packed walls with old pictures, signs and all this stuff. There were a few locals (I guess...) hanging out and having a Pint. And me.

Ya it looks pretty small from the photos but a nice pub all the same. Going to be a big group of us so might not be ideal.

I see another one up the road called Nancy Murphys but according to TripAdvisor its closed. Anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

It's open, just under a new name.
    Has a bar and a lounge.

I can't think of the name now, but the locals call it "Prossers" after the original owners.

Mac's bar is part of a small hotel.
    The bar is small, but the lounge is a lot bigger.
    Worth a phone call, as they used to have music on a Sat night.

Also, the Golden ball is open now.

You could make your way around Roundwood, Enniskerry, don't forget you've the Golf club up in Powerscourt and the bar in the Ritz Carlton also.
    The two pubs in Enniskerry Village, The golden ball in Kilternan, and two pubs in Stepaside.

From there, you could go to Sandyford House, and if you're still standing, Club 92 in Leopardstown!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

The Step Inn in Stepaside is a nice spot. Good food too, though generally very slow service.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

ellejay wrote: »
    Has a bar and a lounge.

I can't think of the name now, but the locals call it "Prossers" after the original owners.

Mac's bar is part of a small hotel.
    The bar is small, but the lounge is a lot bigger.
    Worth a phone call, as they used to have music on a Sat night.

Also, the Golden ball is open now.

You could make your way around Roundwood, Enniskerry, don't forget you've the Golf club up in Powerscourt and the bar in the Ritz Carlton also.
    The two pubs in Enniskerry Village, The golden ball in Kilternan, and two pubs in Stepaside.

From there, you could go to Sandyford House, and if you're still standing, Club 92 in Leopardstown!!

The Golden Ball is open again! I've had a fine few pints there. We fondly called it the tarnished testicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ellejay wrote: »
    Has a bar and a lounge.

It's the Old Forge isn't it?

Advertisement