Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOA 5: Xtreme Beach Volleyball Last Round 2: Final Tuned - 60fps edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

So like uh this game is out on next gen now.
    Sort of:

Arcade sticks are not working on the Xbox one version.
    It hasn't shown up at all on PS4
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-20-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-launches-with-plenty-of-issues

The they "f2p"-ish versions have and with stuff incorrectly priced.

And its is going to launch on PC without online, which will be patched in 3 months later.

Oh and Tecmo won't release on PC again unless modders are "respectable"

article-1325929-0BE126F4000005DC-950_468x286.jpg
    Oh and Tecmo won't release on PC again unless modders are "respectable"

welp, pack it up

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Apparently the DOA community is soft banning 100s of costumes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Apparently the DOA community is soft banning 100s of costumes.

Yeah, the idea is to not appear like a bunch of creepy weaboos for sponsors/ potential new players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, the idea is to not appear like a bunch of creepy weaboos for sponsors/ potential new players :D

From what I can tell, it's only a select few TOs and the backlash is real.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    From what I can tell, it's only a select few TOs and the backlash is real.

It's a softban, so no one is effected who doesn't want to be.

The backlash IMO is people embarrassing themselves... way to go to show you care more about playing dress up than, you know, the future of your games competitive scene.

It's a softban, so no one is effected who doesn't want to be.

The backlash IMO is people embarrassing themselves... way to go to show you care more about playing dress up than, you know, the future of your games competitive scene.

For the vast majority of players, I'd wager that being able to play in silly costumes is actually a bonus that gets them to come out to tournaments.

Besides, have you seen some of the banned ones?
    Gallery link (barely NSFW)

It's just a weird list.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    For the vast majority of players, I'd wager that being able to play in silly costumes is actually a bonus that gets them to come out to tournaments.

I have literally never met a tournament player who's said, in seriousness, "I can't have my favourite alt costume? No way am I going to that tournament". I think Cobelcog came close on Saturday :D

I can however think of loads of companies who would never ever sponsor a DoA tournament if they saw some of the costumes in the game, and I personally know several people who think the whole game is massively creepy, perhaps preventing possible new players from entering the scene.

It's a softban, it's not like the game's getting censored, people seriously need to start looking at the bigger picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sure I soft banned all SF4 alt costumes for our tournaments ages ago so that someone could request the silly Blanka alt wouldn't be picked.

Lol should play a different game then.

That said DoA seems to have the largest player laser of women

Both proportionally and often in actual terms too.

Lol DoA and proportional in the same post who knew that was possible.

• Advertisement

I have literally never met a tournament player who's said, in seriousness, "I can't have my favourite alt costume? No way am I going to that tournament". I think Cobelcog came close on Saturday :D

I can however think of loads of companies who would never ever sponsor a DoA tournament if they saw some of the costumes in the game, and I personally know several people who think the whole game is massively creepy, perhaps preventing possible new players from entering the scene.

It's a softban, it's not like the game's getting censored, people seriously need to start looking at the bigger picture.
    I'm not thinking of the current tournament players, I'm considering casual fans.

And it's super weird because the linked outfits are almost all one-piece swimsuits (borderline), overalls (??) and ninja outfits (wtf).

It's seems less about Puritanism/censorship and more like a TO on a power trip.

DoA seems to have the largest player laser of women

Hmmm

I can't play in a bathing suit?

Screw this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Nutrient wrote: »
    I can't play in a bathing suit?

Screw this :pac:

You can still play in a bathing suit. Your character can't be wearing one, though.

You can still play in a bathing suit. Your character can't be wearing one, though.

Gotta call Poongko for dat no clothes tech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

It's great. It might be the best fighting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The F2P version is on steam if anyone's wondering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

The F2P version is on steam if anyone's wondering now.
    The Mila DLC is also free this month.

Advertisement