Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ec&Fi Vs B&L

Options
  • 21-02-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I have taken a gap year and was hoping that current/ past students of these courses could offer insights.

I wish to pursue a career in the finance/business sector and have points comfortably for both courses. I don't wish to pursue a law career but understand the huge benefit that a knowledge of law would have in terms of career prospects in business.

My main question is which course would offer the greatest employment prospects following graduation in the business sector? I wish to enter a career path that offers a good salary as well as opportunities for career progression. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

These courses are quite different, so you would need diverse interests to find them both equally interesting. BSc E&F is part of Quantitative Business, with BSc Business Analytics, it is main maths content and the application of quant techniques to economics and finance. B&L is a much more discursive degree, with much less quant, but much more reading, writing of essays and the like. The careers deriving from them would have this split also. Don't just look at the salary, you won't be stuck whichever one you do, but also at whether you like doing these things.

Advertisement