Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 27 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ya that's a good point. I'll move zouma out. Only my first season playing and I can't ask my buddies for advice as were in a pay league!
    Who do people think is the best option for Zouma whos 4.6 million?

Dawson wba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Foster (Myhill)
    Jones, Wollscheid, Bellerin, (PVA, Terry)
    Alexis, di Maria, Walters, Boyd, (Hazard)
    Aguero, Giroud, Defoe
    You don't have Kane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can anyone tell me why Bentaleb is back starting for Spurs and if it's likely that he'll play both double GW matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why Bentaleb is back starting for Spurs and if it's likely that he'll play both double GW matches?

Bentalab and Mason are the first choice CM pairing. So yes I would expect him to start. He was away at African cup of nations so that's why he missed some games last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dawson wba

Even tho I have lescot?

Lescot Hutton Moreno are the other 3 and I'll prob start Krul over panti

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Even tho I have lescot?

Lescot Hutton Moreno are the other 3 and I'll prob start Krul over panti

No harm in doubling up on wba till gw33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Do we think Bellerin will play at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Any chance of Chadli regaining a starting position for the DGW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is Haidara going to hold his place in the newcastle team ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Dame N'doye tempting anyone?

Brought him in last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Rikand wrote: »
    Is Haidara going to hold his place in the newcastle team ?

Don't think there's anyone fit to take his place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I own both Sanchez and Cazorla.

Should I be looking to retain them both or ditch one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

G1032 wrote: »
    It's 5am so I'm not exactly thinking as straight as I could be but I wouldn't be so sure about getting Austin in. His DGW I think are against Arsenal and Spurs. His form over the last 8 or 9 matches hasn't been that great either. I'm just not so sure he's that good an option and Giroud could easily outscore him in his one match.
    Yeah I'm not sure either... But Arsenal have a hectic schedule ahead of them with Champions League & FA Cup games. Can't Giroud be rested at QPR (their easiest game in this period)? While Austin should play both games bar injury/suspensions.

Thing is Hazard, Sanchez, Aguero & Kane will stay in my team bar injury/suspension. This leaves me 1 spot upfront and 1 or 2 in midfield. Cazorla or ADM will probably make way for Eriksen. Lucas may be replaced with a GW27 player this week. So Giroud is my last possible DGW change. It should also allow me to end my 3 Arsenal player current strikeforce which I'm not fully happy with. The biggest problem is the one currently not performing is Sanchez.
    G1032 wrote: »
    Bertie? I'm thinking about bringing him in but am going to wait for news on Alderweireld. I'm also hesitant as Southamptons form will fall off v soon I think. It's fast becoming squeaky bum time!! I reckon we've got most of what we're going to get from Southampton defenders but in saying that it's still very very difficult to ignore their form so far this season. Alderweireld is not the same investment risk as Bertie
    If Alder was fit he'll be straight in. I'm not set on Bertie since he'll use a lot of my spare cash and reduce my options upfront (if I want Sturridge or Costa at some point).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dawson wba

Dawsom could be a suspension risk. He's on 4 yellows according to the FPL site? Unless he previously got yellows in cup games ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Rikand wrote: »
    Dawsom could be a suspension risk. He's on 4 yellows according to the FPL site? Unless he previously got yellows in cup games ?

a suspension for 5 yellows was up a long time ago. He'd need to get 10 now to be at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Almost resigned to field 10, 9 or even 8 players this GW…

Foster – CHECK

Bruce - CHECK
    Bellerìn - ?
    Toby - ?
    PVA - ?

ADM – CHECK
    Cazorla – CHECK
    Lucas – this will be my transfer (need cheap playing MF)

Kun – CHECK
    Pellè – CHECK

Myhill, Terry, Hazard, Eriksen, Kane - ALL OUT

Plan is taking a -4 the following DGW and get Austin (Pellè) and Rose (PVA).

Any toughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You don't have Kane?

Stupidly took him out with the January wildcard because I thought the fixtures looked tough. He has killed me. He will be back in next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

munster87 wrote:
    Any chance of Chadli regaining a starting position for the DGW?

Probably not. Lamela is keeping him out of the team and even though Lamela is playing horse ****, Poch has persisted with him through thick and thin.

The only hope is that Lamela will be rested at some stage as spurs are 2 games into a 6 game streak in 17 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Baird to Naughton unless someone gets injured before Friday. Thrilling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Might do Hazard to Silva. Then next week Hazard and Eriksen in for ADM and probs Ozil.

Alternatively, I might play it completely safe and go Terry to Berty. Play 10. (Well, 9 if PvA doesn't play. Don't wanna take a -4 this week. Feel it'd be wasted.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If Alder isn't fit, think I'll do PVA to Dawson and double up on WBA for the rest of their nice fixtures. Even though they have Southampton at home, the Saints aren't exactly firing on all cylinders so think there's a good chance of a WBA clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Current line up for the weekend.

Foster
    Baird PVA Jones Bellerin
    Cork Johnson Sanchez
    Aguero Giroud Sturridge
    Benched: Myhill, Terry, Eriksen, Hazard.

I need a defender 4.8 or cheaper to replace Terry if Alder doesn't make it. Any recommendations folks?

Planned transfers are:

GW27: Terry to Alder or 4.8 defender
    GW28 (have two transfers): Johnson to Silva and Giroud to Kane.
    GW29: Kiss goodbye to Philly Jones!

McAuley is 4.8 I think? Would mean doubling up on Pulis, but that mightnt be a terrible plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Dónal wrote: »
    McAuley is 4.8 I think? Would mean doubling up on Pulis, but that mightnt be a terrible plan.

He already has 3 WBA. I'd vote Naughton or Wollscheid, but Rose could be a great pick for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Has anyone considered dropping hazard temporarily? Looking at gw28 it seems like a good idea to have eriksen and kane. In order to have eriksen i need to ditch one of silva, sanchez and hazard. Silva and sanchez have nicer fixtures in gw28 and a game in gw27 so that leaves hazard as the one to drop. I would plan on signing him for gw29 in place of eriksen. It wouldnt require any points hits but i would lose between .2 and .4 on hazard depending on how much, or if at all, his price drops. I like the prospect of having any midfielder i want for this gw and eriksen for the next one over having hazard for a blank and west ham away. Anyone else considered such a move? And on a related note, who would people pick as a midfielder punt for gw27?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

MR NINE wrote: »
    Has anyone considered dropping hazard temporarily? Looking at gw28 it seems like a good idea to have eriksen and kane. In order to have eriksen i need to ditch one of silva, sanchez and hazard. Silva and sanchez have nicer fixtures in gw28 and a game in gw27 so that leaves hazard as the one to drop. I would plan on signing him for gw29 in place of eriksen. It wouldnt require any points hits but i would lose between .2 and .4 on hazard depending on how much, or if at all, his price drops. I like the prospect of having any midfielder i want for this gw and eriksen for the next one over having hazard for a blank and west ham away. Anyone else considered such a move? And on a related note, who would people pick as a midfielder punt for gw27?
    yes this is currently been given serious serious consideration ! I'll prob move him on for one of nasri,Silva yaya or...........Moses!

MR NINE wrote: »
    I did. Think I may have convinced myself not to. For now...

I'd lose £0.4m on him if he doesn't drop. And he's currently at +18.5% on fpls. He was around 31% yesterday eve. So he may not drop at all.
    I've already given myself flexibility with Sanchez and up to now it has only backfired. Not sure I'm willing the same re-Hazard. Also it's gonna use 2 transfers while I have Lucas, Baird and possibly PvA to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

I think for anyone thinking of selling likes of Hazard they have to look at the money or lack of they have for future transfers,a gain of 5 or 6 pts from a replacement mightn't be worth it in long run if losing say .4m on his sale leaves you short of a needed transfer in a few weeks time...

I think for anyone thinking of selling likes of Hazard they have to look at the money or lack of they have for future transfers,a gain of 5 or 6 pts from a replacement mightn't be worth it in long run if losing say .4m on his sale leaves you short of a needed transfer in a few weeks time...
    True. But the main factor for me is actually that it'll cost me 2 transfers and for sure at least a -4 (and probably more a -8) sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Looking at a 5-4-1 formation which means benching Austin, Kane and Hazard and using my two free transfers to get rid of my two definitely non-playing defenders, Terry and Wisdom.

Terry to Bertrand is fairly obvious choice but not sure about who to replace Wisdom with. Maybe a Newcastle defender (home to Villa) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looking at a 5-4-1 formation which means benching Austin, Kane and Hazard and using my two free transfers to get rid of my two definitely non-playing defenders, Terry and Wisdom.

Terry to Bertrand is fairly obvious choice but not sure about who to replace Wisdom with. Maybe a Newcastle defender (home to Villa) ?

Hidara?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

Baird, gardos, oscar out for haidara, caulker and eriksen -4

Panti

Haidara, o shea, clichy yoshida
    carzola, yaya, sterling, larsson
    Aguero, pelle

De gea, kane, eriksen, caulker

Intend on pelle and clichy going for DGW for austin and vertongen. As it stands worst case is I field 9 this week but maybe 11. I will have 5 DGW players next week for another -4 but hopefully be worth that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

LucidLife wrote: »

Panti

Aguero, pelle

Intend on pelle and clichy going for DGW for austin and vertongen. As it stands worst case is I field 9 this week but maybe 11. I will have 5 DGW players next week for another -4 but hopefully be worth that.

Why take a hit for a players that won't be playing? Why not just make one of them next week?

Panti

Aguero, pelle

:eek: ? Why take a 4 pts hit for a player who's guaranteed to blank :eek: ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

iroced wrote: »

And caulker !

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    And caulker !
    Yeah you're right :eek:. My eyes were so much attracted by Eriksen that I missed him.

As it stands im leading my league after last week.

I banked my transfers to bring in players for the DGW and thats exactly what I am doing...obviously. why is a stupid question. ... points

I brought in caulker because I honestly think he is a brilliant defender with a decent shot at scoring vs spurs.especially, given he will be back at spurs in 2016 won't have many more opportunities to score against his own club. I think he has a fair shot at double digit returns.... what other 4.7mill defender will outscore him??

iroced wrote: »

The player he replaced...oscar also has a blank. But unlike oscar eriksen has a DGW next week.... and I took -4 this week so I don't need to be -8 next week where I will absolutely want eriksen. .. it's called foresight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Any word on Van Persie?

Was thinking of bringing in Rooney if he's going to be played as a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The player he replaced...oscar also has a blank. But unlike oscar eriksen has a DGW next week.... and I took -4 this week so I don't need to be -8 next week where I will absolutely want eriksen. .. it's called foresight...

Couldn't ya just bring him in on your free transfer next week???

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of largely ignoring this double game week. Kane is the only person I want from Spurs, and Austin would be the only QPR person I want, but would mean a hit to swap him out after as I won't want to keep him or, say, Eriksen. Anyone else along the same lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Do you also possess the foresight that erisken won't get injured in the interim? Makes absolutely no sense to make that transfer now (unless you have an important h2h next week) will cost you the same regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm thinking of largely ignoring this double game week. Kane is the only person I want from Spurs, and Austin would be the only QPR person I want, but would mean a hit to swap him out after as I won't want to keep him or, say, Eriksen. Anyone else along the same lines?

I think you are largely right. I have Kane and Austin and I might get in Danny Rose as he seems a good cheap replacement for PVA or Jones who I intend shipping anyway.
    After that I am not really sure I want to get in Eriksen at the expense of one of my midfielders (ADM, Silva, Cazorla, Haz and boyd) as they all seem to be doing well. I might keep my 2nd free transfer for the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Hi folks,

Sorry, if this is a stupid question..I see people talking earlier in this thread about using their wildcards. I had my Jan WC and I never used it (I was waiting for transfer window to close) but it expired in the 1st week of Feb as it was not used. Am I missing something here or I should I still have it? It's showing as played but I def didn't play it.

Trying to figure out what to do this week as I've Austin, Kane, Hazard and Terry who won't play and I also have Colback who is suspended...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hi folks,

Sorry, if this is a stupid question..I see people talking earlier in this thread about using their wildcards. I had my Jan WC and I never used it (I was waiting for transfer window to close) but it expired in the 1st week of Feb as it was not used. Am I missing something here or I should I still have it? It's showing as played but I def didn't play it.
    You can only use the January wildcard in
    January, if you don't it's gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

ShaneU wrote: »
    You can only use the January wildcard in
    January, if you don't it's gone

That's what I had been thinking alright..was just wondering when I say people saying they were gonna use theirs earlier.. Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Was going to ship Clichy/Oscar out for Yaya/ and 4.4m defender but might hold onto him as he could get game time now he wont be available for the 2nd leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

As it stands im leading my league after last week.

I banked my transfers to bring in players for the DGW and thats exactly what I am doing...obviously. why is a stupid question. ... points

I brought in caulker because I honestly think he is a brilliant defender with a decent shot at scoring vs spurs.especially, given he will be back at spurs in 2016 won't have many more opportunities to score against his own club. I think he has a fair shot at double digit returns.... what other 4.7mill defender will outscore him??

You're being a wee bit defensive here lucid, people are pointing out that you have been a bit silly in your use of this weeks transfers and there is no doubt in my mind but that they are right.
    I agree with you about Caulker in general and I've had him in my team this year as much weeks as not but QPR are poison at the back and while he's threatened to score quite often he's only done so once. In the DGW he's got Spurs and Arsenal, I see no clean sheet there.

Anyway an awful lot can happen between now and Saturday week to scupper your plans and your leaving yourself very light for this week, congrats on going top in your league but I think you might be going te wrong way about staying there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm thinking of going 5-3-2 this week.
    Looking at replacing Ivan, Marney and Wisdom with Bertrand, Wollscheid and Siggy.
    My bench would be Hazard, Kane and Eriksen
    I would line out with

Krul
    Wooly, Bertrand, Bellerin, Taylor, Hutton.
    Alexis, DiMaria, Siggy
    Aguero, Defoe.

Leaves me with a strong front 8 but that'll be sorted within a fortnight. Di Maria probably out for bench fodder and Costa in for Defoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Kind of. I wouldn't keep Eriksen long term if I got him in.
    It's just the fear of what he could potentially do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement