Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 27 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Can any Arsenal fans shed some light on Bellerin's situation at the moment? Has he fallen out of favour or is he likely to return this weekend or at all in the near future! Hasn't played once since i brought him in, worst transfer of the season by a mile!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

LucidLife wrote: »
    The player he replaced...oscar also has a blank. But unlike oscar eriksen has a DGW next week.... and I took -4 this week so I don't need to be -8 next week where I will absolutely want eriksen. .. it's called foresight...
    I for one am probably one of the strongest advocate of planning ahead on this forum. I actually think I'm overdoing it at times but ha... hard to change yourself :p.

What you're doing here though is not planning ahead, it's sacrificing 1 GW at the expense of the next one. Eriksen was benched last game because of Spurs European commitments and in preparation for the Carling Cup final. From tomorrow, Spurs will face 4 games in 9 days. Will Eriksen play them all? We don't know yet (tomorrow's line-up will be a first indication). What if he gets injured? He could also drop £0.1m. And Caulker too (he's actually not far off now).

So what you call foresight could cost you £0.2m and a couple of additional transfers if either or both players get injured. I call it defying common sense and taking a useless/insane risk. Now maybe you have your reasons (a key H2H game for GW28 as qwabercd said or you won't be available for the game next week) but if you don't I really fail to see your point.

You could make these 2 transfers next week for the exact same cost with a lot more certainties about both players fitness and avalability and for a potential/probable cheaper price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm thinking of going 5-3-2 this week.
    Looking at replacing Ivan, Marney and Wisdom with Bertrand, Wollscheid and Siggy.
    My bench would be Hazard, Kane and Eriksen
    I would line out with

Krul
    Wooly, Bertrand, Bellerin, Taylor, Hutton.
    Alexis, DiMaria, Siggy
    Aguero, Defoe.

Leaves me with a strong front 8 but that'll be sorted within a fortnight. Di Maria probably out for bench fodder and Costa in for Defoe.

Can anybody tell me if any of these players could see a price change tonight, I've no change if I make this move but I'd want to wait until all European games are finished before moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Can anybody tell me if any of these players could see a price change tonight, I've no change if I make this move but I'd want to wait until all European games are finished before moving.

Sidurdsson is 80% to a rise. Definitely won't rise tonight, it'll probably be Friday. The rest are all a good bit away from changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'd be quite happy to play with 10 players this GW. Only thing is, PVA and Alderweireld are doubts. Playing with 8 would be a catastrophe.

At the moment I'm thinking of a -4 this GW and another -4 next GW. Plan below:

This GW - take out Wassi and Chadli - bring in Yun and Ibe (I need to update my cheapies, so prob the best time to do it now).

Next GW - take out A.Johnson and N'Doye - bring in Eriksen and Austin for the double GW.

Thoughts please?

EDIT: Sh*t, just realized bringing in Yun would be stupid as he's not playing this GW. Could maybe bring in Dawson (WBA) or McShane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Can any Arsenal fans shed some light on Bellerin's situation at the moment? Has he fallen out of favour or is he likely to return this weekend or at all in the near future! Hasn't played once since i brought him in, worst transfer of the season by a mile!:rolleyes:

You are doing well if he is your worst transfer of the season. He has only not played one game...

But I am fairly sure he will get his place back when fit. Tonight should tell a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

?
    He's only missed one game??
    He was injured. Due back tonight hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

jive wrote: »
    Couldn't ya just bring him in on your free transfer next week???

I said in original post who my two incoming transfers for the DGW are.... so no

qwabercd wrote: »
    Do you also possess the foresight that erisken won't get injured in the interim? Makes absolutely no sense to make that transfer now (unless you have an important h2h next week) will cost you the same regardless.

If you read my origional post I said avoiding injury who my next two transfers are. While I obviously can't prevent an injury I'm clearly aware injuries happen. If it makes no sense to you then that's your shortcomings and not something that bothers me all too much

• Advertisement

If you read my origional post I said avoiding injury who my next two transfers are. While I obviously can't prevent an injury I'm clearly aware injuries happen. If it makes no sense to you then that's your shortcomings and not something that bothers me all too much

I fear I am next for your wrath, honestly if you don't want people to comment on or discuss your moves you have no business letting us in on them.

You're being a wee bit defensive here lucid, people are pointing out that you have been a bit silly in your use of this weeks transfers and there is no doubt in my mind but that they are right.
    I agree with you about Caulker in
    iroced wrote: »
    I for one am probably one of the strongest advocate of planning ahead on this forum. I actually think I'm overdoing it at times but ha... hard to change yourself :p.

What you're doing here though is not planning ahead, it's sacrificing 1 GW at the expense of the next one. Eriksen was benched last game because of Spurs European commitments and in preparation for the Carling Cup final. From tomorrow, Spurs will face 4 games in 9 days. Will Eriksen play them all? We don't know yet (tomorrow's line-up will be a first indication). What if he gets injured? He could also drop £0.1m. And Caulker too (he's actually not far off now).

So what you call foresight could cost you £0.2m and a couple of additional transfers if either or both players get injured. I call it defying common sense and taking a useless/insane risk. Now maybe you have your reasons (a key H2H game for GW28 as qwabercd said or you won't be available for the game next week) but if you don't I really fail to see your point.

You could make these 2 transfers next week for the exact same cost with a lot more certainties about both players fitness and avalability and for a potential/probable cheaper price.

How am I sacraficing this GW? Most guys cant field 11. I can with 3 subs playing a DGW next. I also said repeatedly I am bringing in two more for DGW next week. So no I couldn't just transfer everyone next week...unless I wanted -12 next week. Which I don't want.

What if and buts.... of course eriksen can get injured...so can my 11...and yours and everybody elses...saying it could happen while true is just a stupid argument. Likewise they could both go up in value just as easy as drop.

This is exactly why I don't generally post. As I see it some of ye don't understand, some don't agree, some don't care and most of ye are attacking bits of a plan without reading my original post. Which is simply frustrating. Given I have to keep repeating/quoting my first post I'm done.

I'm glad you see the caulker appeal. Out of QPR/Spurs I think he has best shot at being a scoring defender (except maybe vertongen-who is one of two transfers in next week)

I'll post my points after GW's. But I'm done justifying this to ye.

You have Clichy and Yoshida included in your 11, you have Pelle who hasn't scored since God knows when, you don't have Sanchez but you have Yaya, I would think that you really are sacrificing this coming week, your team needs more surgery than one DGW when all you will have over most is Caulker and Verthongen will cover over. Remember also that all the top teams have great fixtures while QPR have Spurs and Arsenal.
    And you'll also lose value as has been pointed out, Caulker is likely to go down as soon as tonight.

This is a forum Lucid, we will rarely all agree with each other, don't go into a huff when people question your decisions, that's the fun part of it;) We all think we're great:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

You have Clichy and Yoshida included in your 11, you have Pelle who hasn't scored since God knows when, you don't have Sanchez but you have Yaya, I would think that you really are sacrificing this coming week, your team needs more surgery than one DGW when all you will have over most is Caulker and Verthongen will cover over. Remember also that all the top teams have great fixtures while QPR have Spurs and Arsenal.
    And you'll also lose value as has been pointed out, Caulker is likely to go down as soon as tonight.

This is a forum Lucid, we will rarely all agree with each other, don't go into a huff when people question your decisions, that's the fun part of it;) We all think we're great:P

Id also add that after the double gw you're still left with a qpr and spurs defender, neither of which id want near my team, which you need to spend 2 transfers to get out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This is exactly why I don't generally post. As I see it some of ye don't understand, some don't agree, some don't care and most of ye are attacking bits of a plan without reading my original post. Which is simply frustrating

It's a shame that you don't recognise and appreciate the value of this forum. Some of the best players of the game post here so to say that they don't understand whatever plan you have is condescending to say the least. If you can't take criticism or feedback then maybe it's not the place for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Id also add that after the double gw you're still left with a qpr and spurs defender, neither of which id want near my team, which you need to spend 2 transfers to get out

Leicester H, Burnley A, Villa H, Newcastle A is Spurs' run from GW30-33. No Europa from March 19 until April 16. I'm most likely bringing in Vertonghen or Walker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

bellerin plays. phew. i have 9 for the weekend now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Anyone have an idea on how colback being suspended will impact upon the liklehood of Ameobi playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

qwabercd wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea on how colback being suspended will impact upon the liklehood of Ameobi playing?

Positively, I can only hope. Ameobi playing would be really great!

I haven't a clue though. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Leicester H, Burnley A, Villa H, Newcastle A is Spurs' run from GW30-33. No Europa from March 19 until April 16. I'm most likely bringing in Vertonghen or Walker.

They have a good run but are woeful at the back, one clean sheet from those wouldnt surprise me. I definitly wouldnt be bringing them in at 5.8-5.9m, would much rather have a chelsea and a Southampton defender and use the rest of the money elsewhere.

There's defenders from Palace, Villa, Burnley, Swansea, Stoke all above vertogehen points wise despite him playing nearly every match.

For example in the reverse fixtures he scored 5 point against those 4 teams, not a chance id want him near my team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Despite having 3 players in my squad not playing this weekend, and 2 free transfers, am tempted to hold on to all three as too much invested, and use only one of my transfers on someone else, saving it for a later DGW.

Now who to drop Hutton or Wisdom for? Thoughts on Mertesacker or Koscielny? Both will pretty much wipe out my bank though, or Bellerín.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

If Toby doesn't play after bringing him in :(

They have a good run but are woeful at the back, one clean sheet from those wouldnt surprise me. I definitly wouldnt be bringing them in at 5.8-5.9m, would much rather have a chelsea and a Southampton defender and use the rest of the money elsewhere.

There's defenders from Palace, Villa, Burnley, Swansea, Stoke all above vertogehen points wise despite him playing nearly every match.

For example in the reverse fixtures he scored 5 point against those 4 teams, not a chance id want him near my team

I can afford to own Chelsea, Soton, and Spurs defenders so am happy to chance some cleanies from them. The only stumbling block for me will be the -4 which will be easier if PvA doesn't win his spot back.

I think I know the answer to this but :P... is it madness to bring McShane in for Wassi for -4? I don't wanna risk playing only 8! (PVA and Alderweireld both being doubts)

How am I sacraficing this GW? Most guys cant field 11. I can with 3 subs playing a DGW next. I also said repeatedly I am bringing in two more for DGW next week. So no I couldn't just transfer everyone next week...unless I wanted -12 next week. Which I don't want.
    Yes you could! You're doing a transfer to get rid of Baird this week. i.e. you don't save a transfer for next week. So whether you take a 4 pts hit this week and an 8 pts hit next week or no pts hit this week and a 12 pts hit next week is absolutely the same. You may have foreseeing powers that I'm sorry for you I don't have but if you don't understand or agree with this point just go and read the game rules http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/.

The only difference it would make is if you play a H2H competition and you don't want to start 12 pts down next week. But you never mentioned that.

And when I say you're sacrificing this GW, it's because you're making most of your transfers for the next one and taking an unecessary -4 for this one. If anything unexpected happens, don't complain and don't dare saying it was bad luck. You're just taking a huge unecessary risk.
    What if and buts.... of course eriksen can get injured...so can my 11...and yours and everybody elses...saying it could happen while true is just a stupid argument. Likewise they could both go up in value just as easy as drop.
    There are no "ifs" and "buts" here. You transfer players who don't have FPL games. One plays a final. If he gets injured it will not be bad luck. It will be a stupid choice from you. Eriksen is nowhere near a rise so you have no pressure to get him in.

And no they just could not rise or drop likewise. There are reliable sites that give us this info. http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/. And Caulker is very close to a drop.
    This is exactly why I don't generally post. As I see it some of ye don't understand, some don't agree, some don't care and most of ye are attacking bits of a plan without reading my original post. Which is simply frustrating. Given I have to keep repeating/quoting my first post I'm done.
    Wow :eek:. Thanks for the compliments. You know what? We were just giving you advice. You don't seem to want to listen to them. Fair enough. But if this is your opinion of this place why are you here?
    I'll post my points after GW's. But I'm done justifying this to ye.
    We don't care for your points and you have nothing to justify. We're here to discuss the game and debate different ways of playing it.
    If you don't accept any criticism (not necessarily negative) about your team and opinions well again why are you here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I think I know the answer to this but :P... is it madness to bring McShane in for Wassi for -4? I don't wanna risk playing only 8! (PVA and Alderweireld both being doubts)

It's a good time to get rid of your non playing players so mightnt be a bad move. I have a little points hit theory some of the lads around here might want to hear again which would explain your situation☺

It's a good time to get rid of your non playing players so mightnt be a bad move. I have a little points hit theory some of the lads around here might want to hear again which would explain your situation☺

I'll leave it till last minute I think but might just do it, hopefully he keeps his place as Hull have some nice fixtures. And I'd glady hear your points hits theory as I'm quite fond of a -4 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

In the happy (ish) position that I got on the Kane express so late that I can sell/rebuy for .1.
    So looking for a 1 week fun punt so as to have a second playing striker this week.(Kun/Austin/Kane my current 3). Have 2 FTs so its a freeroll.
    6.4 total to spend.

Options.
    1. Sakho WestHam v Palace.
    2. Ings Burnley v Swansea.
    3. Cisse Newc v Villa.
    4. Diouf/Crouch Stoke v Hull.
    5. Berahino. WBA v Saints.
    6. Anyone else obvious I've missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

In the happy (ish) position that I got on the Kane express so late that I can sell/rebuy for .1.
    So looking for a 1 week fun punt so as to have a second playing striker this week.(Kun/Austin/Kane my current 3). Have 2 FTs so its a freeroll.
    6.4 total to spend.

Options.
    3. Cisse Newc v Villa.

It'd be between Crouch and Ings for me. I'd get Ings in myself only it's a .4 loss on Kane and I'm a little money-short atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll leave it till last minute I think but might just do it, hopefully he keeps his place as Hull have some nice fixtures. And I'd glady hear your points hits theory as I'm quite fond of a -4 :P
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057318760&page=24

In your situation as you cant field 11 Id argue that you have already taken a hit of sorts as you have to compare your team against all the teams that can field 11 this week. Its complicated hopefully the above explains it.
    FHFC and Iroced love this theory;)

6.4 total to spend.

Options.
    3. Cisse Newc v Villa.

I'd go Diouf although can see West Ham v Palace being quite open

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057318760&page=24

In your situation as you cant field 11 Id argue that you have already taken a hit of sorts as you have to compare your team against all the teams that can field 11 this week. Its complicated hopefully the above explains it.
    FHFC and Iroced love this theory;)

Ha, cheers :P! The whole point really is to gain points on your rivals so the 2 main factors first off are; 1, is your rival going to have 11 players or less and 2, if your rival is going to take a -4pt hit too. Unfortunately we dont know this though :P But the likelihood is that a lot of peope will be taking hits and as you said now is the best time to tidy up your team!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

6.4 total to spend.

Options.
    3. Cisse Newc v Villa.
    I'm in the same boat as you and I'm leaning towards Ings. Take a look at his home record, he has 49 points in his last 7 home games which is very impressive. The only other option I'm considering is Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ha, cheers :P! The whole point really is to gain points on your rivals so the 2 main factors first off are; 1, is your rival going to have 11 players or less and 2, if your rival is going to take a -4pt hit too. Unfortunately we dont know this though :P But the likelihood is that a lot of peope will be taking hits and as you said now is the best time to tidy up your team!

Don't encourage him. Please. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Wayne Rooney worth a 1 week punt?

I'm wondering if Giroud will be dropped for the weekend? To be as bad as he was last night took some doing. I think Walcott might take his place at the weekend unless Wenger thinks that dropping him will destroy his confidence beyond repair (although Giroud probably did that all by himself last night)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

G1032 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if Giroud will be dropped for the weekend? To be as bad as he was last night took some doing. I think Walcott might take his place at the weekend unless Wenger thinks that dropping him will destroy his confidence beyond repair (although Giroud probably did that all by himself last night)

I'd expect Walcott and Welbeck to start and Giroud dropped

I would argue that you should forget about your rivals and concentrate on getting the maximum points yourself, I'd gamble on playing players and fix up my team at the same time rather than put it off while watching these rivals.

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd expect Walcott and Welbeck to start and Giroud dropped

That's indeed would be good news for me as both a FF player and an Arsenal fan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's indeed would be good news for me as both a FF player and an Arsenal fan!!

It would also ease some of my regret at selling him last week to accommodate the ill fated Costa punt.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Kouyaté or Siggy for a two week punt anyone?

Replacing Gibson (shouldn't let my team affiliation affect my ff choices I know..) but if I want 11ish playing next week, I have my doubts Gibson will play.

Kouté seems to be on a run and only 4.9 and Siggy is bound to bounce back soon.

What do you think lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Wayne Rooney worth a 1 week punt?

Based on current form - no

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

Im thinking of taking out hazard for these few weeks and aim to keep money to get him back in a few weeks for DGW. who to bring in tho? Sterling? who is in turkey tonight so dont know about that. Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I would argue that you should forget about your rivals and concentrate on getting the maximum points yourself, I'd gamble on playing players and fix up my team at the same time rather than put it off while watching these rivals.

Do you be watching my team selections :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Giroud is in the crosshairs now after that performance last night. I'm thinking next week swap Giroud to Austin for the DGW. That'll give me one from Spurs and one from QPR. Potentially take a hit and move Eirksen in for Sanchez, although that leaves me no Arsenal cover which may not be a bad thing. After the DGW then move Eirksen back out for a Arsenal midfielder of choice, probably Ozil, which will then leave me the funds to do Austin to Costa.

A bit torn about whether or not to take the hit for the DGW. Suppose it comes down to who I think will score more, Eirsken and Austin over two games, or a shakey looking Arsenal pair of Giroud and Sanchez in one game. I'm reluctant to swap out Sanchez as most of my chasers in the money league have him so he's good as a fail safe in that regard. But to move further up the overall ranking I feel that I have to make a few brave moves. Decisions, decisions.

He'll either be dropped for Everton or QPR; no chance he starts both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

That Arsenal performance has me fearing for both Giroud and Bellerin at the weekend. Could be down to 8 if neither of them start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

After this week euro matches, have Clichy, Silva, Aguero, Bellerin, Sanchez and Giroud.
    Positives: Clichy might get more league time now he is suspended, Bellerin started, Aguero looks sharp.
    Negatives: Sanchez was barely able to walk at the end, Silva also looked tired Giroud was awful.
    Have Oscar along with Clichy who I was going to ship for Yaya and 4.4m defender, not sure now.

Are we not a bit too harsh on Giroud? He had a howler yesterday but he scored 3 goals and got 2 assists in his last 5 PL games (with a 70 min and a 20 min ones). Everyone can fail. Even Ronaldo did many times in La Liga recently. Giroud failed epically yesterday but 1) the whole Arsenal team failed (including Wenger) and 2) not sure putting him on the bench this week-end is the best response Arsène can give to his performance. I think he should maintain his confidence and start him this week-end (unless Giroud himself asks for a break) so that he has a chance to redeem himself. Of course as a Giroud owner that'd suit me and there's probably a part of wishful thinking but still I think it'd make sense to do so. Then if he fails again take him out early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Are we not a bit too harsh on Giroud? He had a howler yesterday but he scored 3 goals and got 2 assists in his last 5 PL games (with a 70 min and a 20 min ones). Everyone can fail. Even Ronaldo did many times in La Liga recently. Giroud failed epically yesterday but 1) the whole Arsenal team failed (including Wenger) and 2) not sure putting him on the bench this week-end is the best response Arsène can give to his performance. I think he should maintain his confidence and start him this week-end (unless Giroud himself asks for a break) so that he has a chance to redeem himself. Of course as a Giroud owner that'd suit me and there's probably a part of wishful thinking but still I think it'd make sense to do so. Then if he fails again take him out early.

Good point I hope Arsene thinks the same!

Wenger wouldn't drop him on Sunday for the performance last night; it would be because he thinks Giroud needs a rest or to protect him. If I was guessing lineups I would say he starts against Everton and then Theo or Welbeck is up front against QPR.

• Advertisement
Advertisement