Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A political message to the people of Eire!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Phoebas wrote: »
    fyp
    Nope, youse are seething and the whole Greek thing has ye frightened of your lives the same will happen here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

So your happy for everyone not in boil water areas to be metered and paying properly , that's grand, we're getting somewhere now.
    BTW , your free to disconnect from the mains and not pay anyone.

We could always stick with the councils and current payment structure and never fix it.
    How about those human rights for the ones paying for wells??

Jesus, talk about tying oneslf up in knots to protect the capitalist swine.

I've seen some delusional mental-acrobatics on here a lot, but this is a new low!

He tripped himself up a good few times on the late late a good few times last night.
    Jaysus, he didn't come out with anything as bad as that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

Delusional, well Noonan said the last budget gave the workers something back, it must have being coins, yet my property/water bill will near 1k...but hush Noonan is seemly giving us something back!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

catallus wrote: »
    Jesus, talk about tying oneslf up in knots to protect the capitalist swine.

I've seen some delusional mental-acrobatics on here a lot, but this is a new low!

Ive read this over a couple of times now and still cant find the part that actually replies to the points........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

I wish the uploader of that video was still on boards, but still get great value from his Facebook page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Nope, youse are seething and the whole Greek thing has ye frightened of your lives the same will happen here.
    Yeah - after Syriza fantastic victory in Europe yesterday, I'd say that the Irish electorate are bound to follow the Greek example :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Docile minority? Are you actually serious? If the majority weren't docile there'd probably be no such thing as corruption.

And what, pray tell are you doing for "your people"?

There will always be corruption whether a population of a country is docile or not. Greed is rampant. But you say that the majority of Irish citizens are docile ? I disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Two hunger strikes, followed by a refusal of fluids come Monday if they aren't released.

Next it'll be a dirty protest and Tiocfaidh ar La for all.

• Advertisement

Its just one part of a bigger jigsaw, when u hear about record waiting lists in hospitals, although i didnt hear how long Noonan was waiting to get his eye done..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

chrysagon wrote: »
    there was no protest to the USC charge, which was only to be temporary!!!

Of course not. You have to actually work to pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

Phoebas wrote: »
    Yeah - after Syriza fantastic victory in Europe yesterday, I'd say that the Irish electorate are bound to follow the Greek example :pac:

This....... We are changing everyting....... O no more money then...... Ok sure we will leave it as it is lol joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Two hunger strikes, followed by a refusal of fluids come Monday if they aren't released.

Next it'll be a dirty protest and Tiocfaidh ar La for all.

Think they're fed intravenously if they refuse to eat.
    May be wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Just saw that protest on the news
    the people there all seem to be the same social parasites and self promoting blowhards,

the anti water movement would have a lot more credibility if it wasnt being over taken by the same old bandwagon jumpers .

im anti water charges but im more anti those people , and i think thats a stance that a lot of people hold

kneemos wrote: »
    May be wrong.
    nah..they will be brought out for chips like other prisoners..no wait, only dangerous jailbirds are brought out to the chipper!!!;)

• Advertisement

sjb25 wrote: »
    This....... We are changing everyting....... O no more money then...... Ok sure we will leave it as it is lol joke
    Whereas here we have Enda paying back bankers when he doesn't even have to and Sarkozy rubbing his head like a schoolboy.
    Not to mention his "I'll bend over and drop my pants" style of negotiating with the Troika.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Of course not. You have to actually work to pay it.

You'd know about that I suppose considering you've said on this site you're only 16 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

May be wrong.

Figured as much. No doubt they'll claim assault.

Like being sued for saving the life of a person with CPR and breaking their ribs...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,913 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There will always be corruption whether a population of a country is docile or not. Greed is rampant. But you say that the majority of Irish citizens are docile ? I disagree.

Of course they're docile. It's the same in any Western country. Life is so comfortable that people are afraid to rock the boat. For every protester, you'll have a hundred people sat at home.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Whereas here we have Enda paying back bankers when he doesn't even have to and Sarkozy rubbing his head like a schoolboy.
    Not to mention his "I'll bend over and drop my pants" style of negotiating with the Troika.

Sure so are they now!!!!! If they are going to not go by what Europe want then do it I'm all for it but the Greeks sh1t on themselves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So your happy for everyone not in boil water areas to be metered and paying properly , that's grand, we're getting somewhere now.
    BTW , your free to disconnect from the mains and not pay anyone.

We could always stick with the councils and current payment structure and never fix it.
    How about those human rights for the ones paying for wells??

Grand so, will Irish Water guarantee no restrictions in my area ever again due to rotting pipes, poor infrastructure etc. If they will guarantee that I'll have no problem paying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

mynamejeff wrote: »
    im anti water charges but im more anti those people , and i think thats a stance that a lot of people hold

Will you be paying the IW bill when it arrives?

May be wrong.

Article 6 of the 1975 World Medical Association Declaration of Tokyo states that doctors are not allowed to forcefeed hungerstrikers. They are supposed to understand the prisoner's independent wishes, and it is recommended to have a second opinion as to the capability of the prisoner to understand the implication of his decision and be capable of informed consent.

Where a prisoner refuses nourishment and is considered by the physician as capable of forming an unimpaired and rational judgment concerning the consequences of such a voluntary refusal of nourishment, he or she shall not be fed artificially. The decision as to the capacity of the prisoner to form such a judgment should be confirmed by at least one other independent physician. The consequences of the refusal of nourishment shall be explained by the physician to the prisoner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_strike

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Will you be paying the IW bill when it arrives?

nope the pack was sent to some one called occupier in my house so i didnt feel i should open it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Grand so, will Irish Water guarantee no restrictions in my area ever again due to rotting pipes, poor infrastructure etc. If they will guarantee that I'll have no problem paying.

I'm not exactly IW's biggest fan, but you do know that a miracle fix won't happen overnight?

mynamejeff wrote: »
    nope the pack was sent to some one called occupier in my house so i didnt feel i should open it

Did they not know you're name is Jeff? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'm not exactly IW's biggest fan, but you do know that a miracle fix won't happen overnight?

I know that, it'll take 25 years apparently.

Chucken wrote: »
    You'd know about that I suppose considering you've said on this site you're only 16 :rolleyes:

Feel free to post a quote. Go on.

The whole point is that the infrastructure is being upgraded. Do you realise how much pipework is under the country? A fair bit and its been woefully neglected in the past.

If you have a magical way to replace all the pipes in one go then I'm sure they'd love to hear it.

The work needs to be done, you can either pay for the water you use, taxes can go up to cover the costs or we can borrow more and more and pay for it that way.

sjb25 wrote: »
    Sure so are they now!!!!!
    Er, no.
    FG/Lab have even paid unsecured bondholders they didn't have to. No sign the Greeks are. They delivered us on a platter. Let's see if the next Greek budget gets passed by Angela Merkel or not like ours does.

• Advertisement

Did they not know you're name is Jeff? ;)

apparently not, also i live in a small apartment block with electronic gates so no meter so far

Feel free to post a quote. Go on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93863182&postcount=1

Cant be bothered looking for more.

The definition of "not long ago" can be very broad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I know that, it'll take 25 years apparently.

And what, in your opinion, would be a reasonable time frame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

chrysagon wrote: »
    Its just one part of a bigger jigsaw, when u hear about record waiting lists in hospitals, although i didnt hear how long Noonan was waiting to get his eye done..

Iirc, he was in and out the next day(after his app). No years of waiting lists for him :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Why do many of the dedicated pro IW/FG supporters have a particularly twisted posting history.

Yet they call the protesters scum. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If any of us here are in the water industry it would be fair to ask them that question. Others like me would not be in a position to answer. But just as a comparison Thames Water will not have completed it's meter installation until 2030. Is that a reasonable time frame?

https://www.harveywatersofteners.co.uk/blog/thames-water-to-install-smart-meters-in-all-customers-homes-by-2030

You assume from that that I am 16? Where does it say there that I am 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

For one scary moment, when I read the title of this thread, I thought Biggins was back.

• Advertisement

I look forward to your apology "Chucken" (if that is your real name)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

For one scary moment, when I read the title of this thread, I thought Biggins was back.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

All these posts read like angry secret rantings of people too afraid to say them offline :D

All your posts say you're 16 :)

catallus wrote: »
    All your posts say you're 16 :)

If that's the case 16 y/o's must be talking a lot of sense these day!

If that's the case 16 y/o's must be talking a lot of sense these days.

I know you are but what am I?!?!!?:P

• Advertisement

Having been 16 not long a go myself

From your post.

From your post.

How long is "not long ago"?

I remember things that I did 5 years ago that I wouldn't consider long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You say 'scary' but you'd probably cum in your britches if he reared his head again.. given most of your posts are about that person!

From your post.

I accept your self correction and by extension apology. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

In fairness there's been chronic underfunding in the water system, a lot of it which dates from the Victorian times, we still have people that have to boil water, raw sewage been discharged onto our beaches and little provision for future expansion.

It's never been invested in over the years by successive governments because it wasn't a vote winner - a new road school or hospital was more visible. The human right thing I don't buy - if Uou want to have a craic yourself go ahead and sink a well, but treatment of potable water and disposal of waste water costs money no matter what way you slice it.

So whether we like it or not, the system needs to be fixed. It needs money - perhaps a more transparent way of raising it that the current motor tax / vat mix.

I'm not happy about how Irish water was set up, but am happy to pay for water in principle - it's common elsewhere to pay as it is in every other Oecd country. We are in different here. And don't give me "ah sure why should Ireland follow what's done in other countries" because unless we have some unique and novel way that's cost neutral then it's not a valid point.

I've no issue with people protesting as long as it's done with dignity. Some of the methods have been downright ugly and disgraceful. The court orders have been broken and that's it - do the crime do the time and stop whinging.

If Paul Murphy was running the country, any one any idea how he proposes to find the multi billion euro fund to bring out water and waste services (amongst others) into the 21st century or will it be done for free?

Please - no personal attacks. I'm setting out my own thoughts and tired of the puppet / sheeple label that people put on people who dare to disagree but have a different opinion on this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement