Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is finding short term summer (2 / 3 months) accomodation around the city hard?

Options
  • 21-02-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

'Lo, third year NUI student here. Past few years I've only lived in Galway during term time, and accomodation has been sort of hard to find this past year. I'm wondering if the summer is better.

I'm in a long distance (trans-Atlantic) relationship and we plan to have our first visit this summer, in June/July lasting one month; ideally mid June to mid July. The plan is to nab a nice spacious place for that period, just us. I want to show him a city I've grown to love. Not asking for particular offers, just knowledge before I start hunting.

When I was looking for college accomodation for the 13/14 year most places had long lease minimums. Is it a similar case in the summer, or is it a bit more flexible with more short-term options?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Lots of places become available when university shuts in May and many landlords happily will let for three months until students return.

I have personal experience of this. I know one landlord who does this every summer and I can give you his contact number if you send me a Private Message. He has 2 apartments in city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

The lease period doesn't mean much. Just let them keep your deposit as the last month's rent and move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Many of the Student accommodation places (Corrib Village, Dun Na Coiribe, Glasan) do weekly or even monthly lets during the summer months (outside of academic term time). Prices increase during Race Week (end July), while availability decreases then too. There are a few apartment lets in Salthill that do shorter term lets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement