Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to sky for sport

Options
  • 21-02-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

The sky bill is getting ridiculously expensive and I'm looking into getting Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV. The main thing I seem to have trouble finding a decent alternative for is live sports. I've been on a few streams on Kodi on my PC and the quality has been awful. I can't get UPC in my area so are there any alternatives to get good quality sport, or any recommendations for good quality streams on Kodi? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The sky bill is getting ridiculously expensive and I'm looking into getting Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV. The main thing I seem to have trouble finding a decent alternative for is live sports. I've been on a few streams on Kodi on my PC and the quality has been awful. I can't get UPC in my area so are there any alternatives to get good quality sport, or any recommendations for good quality streams on Kodi? Thanks.

That has been my problem with almost all streams, but particularly noticeable for fast action/sports streams.

Impossible to watch for me.

It will be interesting to see if someone comes up with an alternative ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

P2P Streams for Kodi is what you need. Info on setup and config can be found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Thanks for that live wire, I had not heard of p2p streams. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

looking to avoid paying for content - thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement