Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Led flickers

Options
  • 21-02-2015 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi I installed two twin fluorescents and a 20 watt led flood light today. They are switched by a two gang switch, fluorescents on one switch and the led on the other. What I've noticed is when the led is switched on on its own and then switch on the fluorescents the led will flicker on and off while the fluorescents are starting. I've seen this before with led and I don't think it's the fitting, the led make is capella, good quality. Anyone know why this happens.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Hi I installed two twin fluorescents and a 20 watt led flood light today. They are switched by a two gang switch, fluorescents on one switch and the led on the other. What I've noticed is when the led is switched on on its own and then switch on the fluorescents the led will flicker on and off while the fluorescents are starting. I've seen this before with led and I don't think it's the fitting, the led make is capella, good quality. Anyone know why this happens.
    Thanks in advance
    A speculation only - possible voltage drop when the fluorescent lights are starting. Others may know more than I. But may be worth monitoring the voltage at the light switch for any change when the fluorescent lights are starting.

Advertisement