Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 Toyota Yaris CD Player Stuck in......Help Please

Options
  • 21-02-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello guys,

I recently bought Toyota Yaris, there was after market radio/CD player already fitted in but was not working and was butchered in to remove it but previous owner could not remove it. He gave me a spare Radio/CD player to fit in myself.

I tried to pull out radio unit by unscrewing Phillips screws, removing ashtray and done all the things which have to be done to remove the unit but I am unsuccessful...... I follow couple of youtube videos to do it and did every thing as per videos says but no success...

It looks like after market radio/CD player already fitted is stuck in some God know what manner and I am absolutely out of clues now how to remove it.....can some one tell me if there are any tricks to remove a stuck after market radio/CD player from yaris. Thanks guys I look fwd to your kind response.

Kind Regards
    Asif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Have you tried some form of brute force.

Do you know anyone who plays Junior C ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 As if

I tried to pull it out with force as well but of no use, and buttons for factory fitted radio/cd player are also pushed in.....the unit is badly played before already........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

As if wrote: »
    I tried to pull it out with force as well but of no use, and buttons for factory fitted radio/cd player are also pushed in.....the unit is badly played before already........

There is a guy in Ballybane who is great at audio electrical stuff, if you are afraid of damaging it maybe try him.

Thanks Supergurrier, I cant take it to galway city yet just sorting out Tax and insurance.....just wondering if there are any hinges or something which is in way and making it stuck in........I spent an hour today with car and gave up I will try it again in morning to see if I get lucky.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Will you post a photo of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I will post photo in morning.......do you think I really have to take out top heating unit completely to remove the radio unit.....coz in couple of post ppl took all top unit....but I did not I just loose it off and make my way to Philips screws..

I follow this and one other youtube video..........

Hello Guys,

I manage to pull out non-functional Pioneer DEH-P2500 CD player........it was that 4th screw which I was missing

I have Goodmans GCE 2815PLL CD player....but dont know how to wire it :) I have been in internet to see connection diagram but cant figure out yet......can you please help me how to wire it up please, any links, tips or ideas be appreciated, Thanks

Goodmans is muck. If you've just bought it, just bring it back to argos and get something else.
    Car radios usually have din plugs, but goodmans radios often just have bare cables and no plugs.

I see you got if for free.

The stereo cables use the standard colour codes. Post a pic of the wiring on the car and the back of the goodmans stereo.

You will most likely have to join the cables together yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

As if wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I manage to pull out non-functional Pioneer DEH-P2500 CD player........it was that 4th screw which I was missing

I have Goodmans GCE 2815PLL CD player....but dont know how to wire it :) I have been in internet to see connection diagram but cant figure out yet......can you please help me how to wire it up please, any links, tips or ideas be appreciated, Thanks

It should just go in as a direct replacement for the cabling that was removed from the Pioneer.

thanks colm_mcm and Atlantic Dawn for quick reply.......Pioneer was connected to car wiring system with a connector and I presume its ISO connector.....Goodmans have bare cables coming out of CD player and no connector..... I manage to wire back the inbuilt radio for time being but need CD player.......

is there anyway if i can get some connectors to connect wires of goodmans cd player to ISO connector which is already in car and used for pioneer cd player.....

You found get some choc block to join them. Ideally you'd be soldering them instead, but I get the impression that won't be practical.

You'll be cutting up the pioneer loom.

choc_block2.jpg

I'd sooner buy a proper stereo though. As before- goodmans is budget sh1te and there's no guarantee that stereo works. Even so you might end up wanting a better stereo.

Most stereos use standard iso plugs, and wouldn't need butchering of wires.

Advertisement