Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Look at this fücker

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: kicked in face by a celebrity - afterwards collecting big bucks. I wish it was me. I like money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

He really got some power in with that pivot, surprised she got up so quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Hope he wins an award at the next awards kanye attends.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

That was a fair aul whack... The way she went down, it wouldnt have taken much for her to stay down. Lucky her head didnt hit the stage, or else adios Kansas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

She could have had a weapon on her, I would have panicked if I was on stage and pushed her away. The punch was too much but could be explained by his shock and fright. Why did she think it was fine to enter the stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

She could have had a weapon on her, I would have panicked if I was on stage and pushed her away. The punch was too much but could be explained by his shock and fright. Why did she think it was fine to enter the stage?

He punched her out of shock and fright and continued on with the show like nothing had happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

He punched her out of shock and fright and continued on with the show like nothing had happened?
    A real pro, the show must go on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What a scumbag, suckerpunched her and lucky not to have killed her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

Lapin wrote: »
    Violence against anyone is wrong. OK I agree and get that.

But there are times when some people are provoked to a point of sheer frustration that they react in an irrational manner. If a bloke was up on the stage acting the bollox interfering with the musician at work, he could expect a slap. It's one man against another.

But a bloke should never hit a woman. No way.

Unless she's a big fat toothless cow and you find with her fingers in your coat pocket near Connolly station on a Sunday morning. A swift headbutt into her honk followed by a neat right hook across the gob and some choice verbal is perfectly permissible in such circumstances.

But I agree, violence is wrong.
    Self defence or force (like in the above situation) is fair enough in my opinion (no matter how the person looks!)
    But otherwise, hitting anyone - and not only women, anyone! - is just out of order. I don't like normalisation of violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

He did an interview apologising. Said he thought it was a man who was jeering him from the crowd. Lot of excuses though.

You won't believe me but the "Because I got High" album was actually great. Much better than the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Realised that she wasn't trying to kill him. As Queen enunciated, the show must go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Colt 45 and two black eyes..

But in seriousness, People not invited on stage just shouldn't get on stage. It sounds stupid but look at people like Dimebag who were killed on stage. I'd say some artists would have a paranoia about a cray mo fo coming on stage and tryinga **** your **** up. Sucker punch wasnt cool obviously. People saying he's an outright scumbag are jumping the gun imo. Hitting someone once in a 15 year career because they sneaked up on you on stage hardly makes you scum.

Look at someone like Dr Dre. Who is an outright Homophobe and actual scumbag who beat the **** outta Dee Barnes and still maintained a career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

Yeh she was being a dope, he probably just reacted in the heat of the moment, but ya gotta try to have self control, or train yourself to, if you're going to encounter situations like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Baby Jane wrote: »
    Yeh she was being a dope, he probably just reacted in the heat of the moment, but ya gotta try to have self control, or train yourself to, if you're going to encounter situations like that.

His "reaction" was criminally excessive.

If there are any guys out there who think his behaviour was justified in the name of gender equality ("equal rights, equal fights"??!) they need to see a psychotherapist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Big Davey wrote: »
    Yes she could have died very easily. That makes it attempted murder on a defensless woman.

Every punch is attempted murder so.

As is a good hard shove.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

While he was wrong to react so violently I think it's clear to see in the video that it was an a natural reaction. He didn't know it was a woman - he was focusing on playing the guitar or whatever and when he realised someone had approached him from behind and made contact with him he saw it as a threat.

There's been a lot of incidents where people have somehow found their way on stage and attempted to attack the artist.

I feel sorry for the woman but she shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    Big Davey wrote: »
    Yes she could have died very easily. That makes it attempted murder on a defensless woman.
    Attempted murder? Are you for real? Google the definition of attempted murder because you haven't a clue of what you're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

[
    A fella hitting a woman is always wrong whether they are black or white. What can be seen in the video is not even close to, ahem,'attempted murder of a defenceless girl'
    Why bring gender into it? by doing so it makes you sound like a sexist prick and that women hitting men or men hitting men is not "always wrong". Just like this afroman cunt seems to think, him saying he thought it was a man as though that would have been perfectly OK & understandable.

He hit her and looked at her afterwards, she was obviously hurt and the fucker just keeps playing -and he did know it was a woman at this stage so his pathetic defense claim that he is sexist sort of goes out the window.
    This was a completely involuntary reflex reaction
    This bit makes it all the worse, dogs get put down for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

rubadub wrote: »
    Why bring gender into it? by doing so it makes you sound like a sexist prick and that women hitting men or men hitting men is not "always wrong".

I was responding to another poster who accused of me suggesting it was acceptable to hit women. I don't think it is acceptable given the general disparity in size and muscle bulk between the sexes, or maybe it's just because I'm old fashioned that way.

I'd say most men would agree with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was responding to another poster who accused of me suggesting it was acceptable to hit women. I don't think it is acceptable given the general disparity in size and muscle bulk between the sexes, or maybe it's just because I'm old fashioned that way.

I'd say most men would agree with me.

Depends on the situation. Sometimes its perfectly acceptable to hit women.

Cienciano wrote: »

When?

• Advertisement

When?

If they're attacking you with a weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When?

Now if you keep being mouthy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When?
    In the same situations where it is acceptable to hit a man. Think on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

At the end of the day, how he handled it was wrong.
    Pushing her away, calling security, whatever would have been safer for her.
    I get that she sholdn't have been on the stage but if security did a job right, it'd never be an issue.

I get completely he was in his right to protect himself. I don't think anyone can deny it. But there are certain "levels" of danger, so to speak. A drunk person trying to touch you on stage isn't as dangerous as say, a drunk person trying to punch you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Like when shes running towards you on fire.

Then and only then can you punch her lights out.

If they're attacking you with a weapon.

Hardly an everyday event
    Now if you keep being mouthy.

You and me. After school. Behind the bike sheds.
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    In the same situations where it is acceptable to hit a man. Think on it.

We'll have to agree to disagree

Hardly an everyday event

So you wanted an example of an everyday event where its acceptable :rolleyes:
    Any woman that physically assaults a man can expect the same in return

I get completely he was in his right to protect himself. I don't think anyone can deny it.

"Protect himself"? Against what? Some chick rubbing up against him?

The guy's clearly a nut and there's no justification for such violence.

"Protect himself"? Against what? Some chick rubbing up against him?

The guy's clearly a nut and there's no justification for such violence.

I don't think you read the posts I made in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Lapin wrote: »
    Ah, but I wouldn't have a pink tracksuited multi titted dog stained pickpocketer with furnace breath cooking dinner for me.

Any woman can burn the dinner though and to answer your original question, then no, old fashioned discipline should not be used against women unless in exceptional circumstances such as the aforementioned incineration of dinner. The Belt Buckle or Brush Handle should suffice to deal with that problem

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    While he was wrong to react so violently I think it's clear to see in the video that it was an a natural reaction. He didn't know it was a woman - he was focusing on playing the guitar or whatever and when he realised someone had approached him from behind and made contact with him he saw it as a threat..

He clearly sees her getting up on stage and carries on playing. He didn't mistake her for a ninja assassin or anything.

Natural reaction my fucking hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

He clearly sees her getting up on stage and carries on playing. He didn't mistake her for a ninja assassin or anything.

Natural reaction my fucking hole.

Do you really think he saw the woman getting on stage, had no issue with it but thought to himself "If that bitch comes up dancing beside me I'm going to knock her f*cking lights out and I don't care about all these people watching"?

Definite knee-jerk/natural reaction.

Do you really think he saw the woman getting on stage, had no issue with it but thought to himself "If that bitch comes up dancing beside me I'm going to knock her f*cking lights out and I don't care about all these people watching"?

I disagree; he didn't care. There was no shock or anything. Just "punch woman, play on".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I disagree; he didn't care. There was no shock or anything. Just "punch woman, play on".

It's akin to the band playing on as the Titanic sank, true professionalism in the face of death

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So you actually believe he was surprised by the fact someone was behind him and his natural reaction was to punch them? Absolutely ludicrous. What if it was the bassist or a stage hand?

Nonsense, the guy is simply a scumbag, and he just did what scumbags do.

Any woman that physically assaults a man can expect the same in return

Not from me

I don't think you read the posts I made in this thread.

I did. It doesn't change anything about my comment.

I did. It doesn't change anything about my comment.

Then you might want to read what I said again in all of my posts in the topic. You had no reason to assume I was justifying him punching her. Feel free to find out where I said that in the topic.

Then you might want to read what I said again in all of my posts in the topic. You had no reason to assume I was justifying him punching her. Feel free to find out where I said that in the topic.

Where did I assume you were justifying that he punched her?

You wrote "I get completely he was in his right to protect himself". I replied that he wasn't under any sort of attack to begin with.

There is no comparison between a drunk woman rubbing against you and anything that can be termed harassment or a personal attack.

• Advertisement

Where did I assume you were justifying that he punched her?

You wrote "I get completely he was in his right to protect himself". I replied that he wasn't under any sort of attack to begin with.

There is no comparison between a drunk woman rubbing against you and anything that can be termed harassment or a personal attack.

Actually if it's unwanted, in which case this was from the fact he punched her, that would be considered the definition of harassment

Advertisement