Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton v Southampton old boys (Liverpool) 22/02/15 KO 4.15pm SKY SPORTS1

• 22-02-2015 6:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭

4eef5679a9ac41813248f635de2da197.png?1363101296

Liverpool travel to St. Marys, with the away side now four points behind their hosts but find themselves still in the hunt for a top four finish. A draw would still favour both sides and would result in Southampton leapfrogging Man U into fourth spot. The last ten meetings between the two sides have resulted in five wins each and no draws, so a vital three points looks to be on the cards.

Morgan Schneiderlin and Shane Long are available for Southampton after the pair returned to training on Friday. Koeman is confident they will be fit enough to be involved at St Mary's. Left-back Matt Targett is back in contention, although Toby Alderweireld, Jay Rodriguez, Emmanuel Mayuka and Ryan Bertrand are out.

Liverpool are without Gerrard and Lucas but Sterling should be fit enough to start or maybe Lallana might be preferred on his return to his former club. Will Rodgers start Mario and Loveren or will he go with the usual line up. Markovic might get the nod over Moreno due to his ineligibility in Europe.

Mig
    Can--Skrtel--Sakho
    --Ibe--Allen--Henderson--Lazor
    ---Sterling
    Coutinho
    Sturridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Stating the obvious here but after Utd mucking up this game is of massive importance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liverpool In good form something like 5 wins from their last 6 in all competitions, though their last two performan haven't that convincing.

Southampton starting to look like they're fading even though their form is decent.

Pool had a tough midweek game and Southampton are tough to break down, 0-0 prediction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Considering Lallana is the only ex Saint likely to start, this is hardly Southyampton old boys?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Liverpool In good form something like 5 wins from their last 6 in all competitions, though their last two performan haven't that convincing.

Southampton starting to look like they're fading even though their form is decent.

Pool had a tough midweek game and Southampton are tough to break down, 0-0 prediction.

Southamption at home though will come out and attack a bit more. This could dplay to Liverpool's advantage.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Would like to see this:

Mig
    Can Skrtel Sakho
    Markovic Moreno
    Hendo Allen
    Gerrard
    Sterling Sturridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Gerrard is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

It would be crazy to leave Ibe out of the team the way he is playing. And I would like to see Balotelli start with Sturridge up front as well, he has made a huge difference the last two games when he came on. With one of Sterling or Couthino in the middle behind the strikers as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Gerrard is injured.

Didn't realise that. I'd have Lallana in there so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Coutinho needs a rest, I'd love to see Ibe start with Balotelli and Sturridge up front.

Should be a good match.

Score draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully something like this

mig
    can-skrtel-sakho
    --Ibe-allen-hendo-moreno
    Sterling-sturridge-markovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Big game for both teams, especially with some of the surprise contenders for the fourth place trophy dropping points and looking like falling away.

5-0 Southampton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I approve of this match thread title. ;)

Coutinho needs a rest, Sterling should start with Lallana and Markovic behind Sturridge. Unleash Ibe and Balotelli late on to win the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I approve of this match thread title. ;)

Coutinho needs a rest, Sterling should start with Lallana and Markovic behind Sturridge. Unleash Ibe and Balotelli late on to win the game.

You don't think it's horribly disrespectful to Liverpool and we should all be outraged by it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Two huge games today, if Spurs and Liverpool both win it blows the whole Champion's league 3rd and 4th spots wide open. If they both lose then it really looks like a three horse race for two spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

What a s_h_i_t name for a thread considering Lallana is the only one likely to make any sort of an appearance, and a short one at that.

I+_44d61455315980c08cce79c3d2d578cf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    What a s_h_i_t name for a thread considering Lallana is the only one likely to make any sort of an appearance, and a short one at that.

Did somebody get out of the wrong side of the bed!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Break a leg today guys

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Feeling this is going to be contender for game of the season two teams in good form with exciting players who like to play creative passing pressing football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Huge opportunity for both teams after results this weekend.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SlickRic wrote: »
    Huge opportunity for both teams after results this weekend.

You had to say it didn't you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You had to say it didn't you.

Still is a huge opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Team I'd like to see

Mig

Can Skrtel Sakho

Ibe Allen Hendo Moreno

Sterling

Balo Sturridge

Bench:

Ward
    Johnson
    Lovern
    Coutinho
    Lallana
    Markovic
    Lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We lose today and we are 6 pts off 4th, i couldnt see us clawing that back, i dont think a draw is any good either tbh, we simply must win today seeing as we have city up next

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

As a United fan .... miserable 0-0 draw please :) .. Pool win I think they are favourites for 4th spot over Spurs, Southampton and United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'd be very surprised to see baloteli start after the penalty incident, Rodgers tried to play it off but he was clearly disgruntled in the interview after the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Team I'd like to see;

Can

Can Can Can

Can Can Can Can

Can

Can Can

Bench;

Can
    Can
    Can
    Can
    Can

edit: Can up front actually instead of Can.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised to see baloteli start after the penalty incident, Rodgers tried to play it off but he was clearly disgruntled in the interview after the game.

He was sold last night. The outrage was too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    I think its a good name, its reminding people of what was said at the time that they sold Lallana, Lovren, Lambert and then Chambers and Shaw elsewhere.

Now here they are in position to take third place with a win and pretty much make it a three way race for two spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

paulie21 wrote: »
    Team I'd like to see

Mig

Can Skrtel Sakho

Ibe Allen Hendo Moreno

Sterling

Balo Sturridge

Bench:

Ward
    Johnson
    Lovern
    Coutinho
    Lallana
    Markovic
    Lambert

Similar for me, except take out Allen, move Can to midfield, and bring in Lovren versus New Boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

No Sakho or Sturridge. Sterling up front.

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Henderson, Allen, Markovic, Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 9s9 seconds ago
    Confirmed #LFC team v @SouthamptonFC: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Henderson, Allen, Markovic, Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling
    0 replies 22 retweets 2 favorites
    Reply Retweet22 Favorite2
    More

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 44s44 seconds ago
    Confirmed #LFC subs v @SouthamptonFC: Ward, Johnson, Toure, Lambert, Sturridge, Moreno, Balotelli
    0 replies 43 retweets 6 favorites
    Reply Retweet43 Favorite6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

WFT no Sturridge?? :(

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »

2 games in 3 days is a bit much for someone coming back off a long term injury. Strong bench today though.

He looked dead on his feet last 20 the other night tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Balotelli on his own? Cos that worked so well at the start of the season!

Edit oops! Read the sub's before reading the first 11

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

cant believe he had a stronger team out against Besiktas and left with this today

brevity wrote: »

:confused:

He's a sub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I actually agree with no sturridge to start with, see how the game develops and bring him on if necessary. Will be important to have him fit mid week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

brevity wrote: »

Mario on the bench. Read before you write

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

surely Moreno has to be left in to give Lovren more protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

No Schneiderlin is a real blow, Liverpool should win now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Surely Besiktas was the game to rest him in and concentrate on getting 4th??
    Sure we'll see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lovren in Sakho not in team at all! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not too happy with that, Coutinho desperately needs a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

ManOnFire wrote: »
    cant believe he had a stronger team out against Besiktas and left with this today

It's not a bad team by any stretch bar Lovren but I guess it's a chance for him to prove himself

Backing Lallana to score today, just because of the opposition

5/1 anytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Surely Besiktas was the game to rest him in and concentrate on getting 4th??
    Sure we'll see how it goes.

Europa league is about as likely and important as 4th right now

• Advertisement
Advertisement