Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton v Southampton old boys (Liverpool) 22/02/15 KO 4.15pm SKY SPORTS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Big win after the other results this weekend.
    Race for 4th is on. Only City next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DVDM93 wrote: »
    On with the Alex Ferguson pajamas and in to bed with them.

Their aul folks will throw the 2013/14 season review on the telly to send them straight to sleep!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

NukaCola wrote: »
    On a roll!

Call me butter.

Cuz I am on a roll :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Good result for United anyway, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

huge result for the reds,bring on man city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Liverpool win it easily in the end but the referee really decided this game. If he'd given the penalties it would have been a totally different game.

Really hate seeing Southampton getting screwed that way. It would be great to see a new team from England in the Champion's league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Some amount of slobbering going on here. For me, Liverpool were the better team. We got the early goal, we weathered a bit of a storm after the goal, and then looked comfortable in defending our lead. Southampton on the other hand seemed to lack ideas in the final third. Even though we're still behind them in the table, their lack of goals in recent weeks means trouble for them in the weeks ahead.

Never thought it could happen, but we may just end up going on a crazy run like we did last year. Far too late for the league, but we could very well finish top 4 comfortably if we continue in this vein.

What are our long ball stats for this game lads?

Manchester United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

54566460.jpg

Favourites parts about that match in order:

1. Possible penatly for Southampton in the first 45 secs not given.
    2. Stonewall penalty for Southampton not given after 4 minutes
    3. Stonewall red card for Joe Allen for his part in the above incident not given
    4. Mignolet handball outside the box not given
    5. Coutinhos goal
    6. Seterlings goal

Looking forward to giving this thread a good read now for the added lols and enjoyment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

eagle eye wrote: »
    Liverpool win it easily in the end but the referee really decided this game. If he'd given the penalties it would have been a totally different game.

Really hate seeing Southampton getting screwed that way. It would be great to see a new team from England in the Champion's league.

bml.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Was that the first time this season that we wore that jersey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Nailz wrote: »

Might make finishing in 7th or so above Southampton that bit easier for United alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

54566460.jpg

Favourites parts about that match in order:

1. Possible penatly for Southampton in the first 45 secs not given.
    2. Stonewall penalty for Southampton not given after 4 minutes
    3. Stonewall red card for Joe Allen for his part in the above incident not given
    4. Mignolet handball outside the box not given
    5. Coutinhos goal
    6. Seterlings goal

Looking forward to giving this thread a good read now for the added lols and enjoyment.

Would never have been a red card for Allen sure Lovern was right there as well

Pity the red didn't have an eagle eye, eagle eye.

:)

Great thread.

Fair play to all involved, some of the posts were quality. Same time next week (- 4hrs)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Nailz wrote: »

you secretly win! oooh yeah!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Brilliant!

Would have taken 6 pts from the three games of Spurs, Southampton and City.

Nice to have that in the bank before next week.

Any kind of result would be great.

Yup let's just go into that game and down tools coz we have hit our points target

will wind up jose good and proper in the process - stick coutinho in goal

sure we have no chance of 4th anyway - didn't utd fans tell us last season that no midweek games was such a massive advantage, they've CL in the bag and we just don't compare to their scintillating brand of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

donfers wrote: »
    Yup let's just go into that game and down tools coz we have hit our points target

will wind up jose good and proper in the process - stick coutinho in goal

sure we have no chance of 4th anyway - didn't utd fans tell us last season that no midweek games was such a massive advantage, they've CL in the bag and we just don't compare to their scintillating brand of football

Excellent post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Honestly? It's time for Southampton to **** off back where they belong. Had a good run, fun team, blah, blah. They'll fleece some clubs for a few players this summer and put their finances in good order. Then they'll return to irrelevance. The big dogs gotta eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

LOL at Carra in analysis: 5 away clean sheets in a row for Liverpool, first time we have done that in 30 years, it's amazing.. I can't believe I'm not involved in a record like for Liverpool.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Scottish league 1 says hello!

Wow, epic fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

You're like a drunk person trying to explain that they're not drunk.

And you want to blame anyone who's opinion doesn't match yours as having a prejudiced perspective, which is perhaps the strongest evidence of the underlying prejudice of your own point of view.

Ronald Koeman doing his very best Steve Mc Claren impersonation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Dempsey wrote: »
    Liverpool fans being paranoid is amusing.

Ye should all have a course of ritalin

Private-Pyle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Honestly? It's time for Southampton to **** off back where they belong. Had a good run, fun team, blah, blah. They'll fleece some clubs for a few players this summer and put their finances in good order. Then they'll return to irrelevance. The big dogs gotta eat.

God you post such nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

God you post such nonsense.

It's alright brother, Everton are due a good half season in a couple of years. :)

Seriously though, Southampton were always going to crumble to dust down the stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

It's alright brother, Everton are due a good half season in a couple of years. :)

Seriously though, Southampton were always going to crumble to dust down the stretch.

Had Schneiderlin stayed fit, things most likely would be looking better for them, so I don't know about "always"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Easy to see why people hate you! :p Soton are a fine example of a progressive side in every respect. If Liverpool had been half as well run in the last 25 years I'd be thrilled and we'd not be waiting for no 19 like it was a bus not ever arriving. I hope they hold on to their best players this summer, be big and tell everyone to fvck off and buy some Chelsea surpluses.

Easy to see why people hate you! :p Soton are a fine example of a progressive side in every respect. If Liverpool had been half as well run in the last 25 years I'd be thrilled and we'd not be waiting for no 19 like it was a bus not ever arriving. I hope they hold on to their best players this summer, be big and tell everyone to fvck off and buy some Chelsea surpluses.

Didn't Southampton go into administration a few years ago? and also drop down a few divisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

To play Devils advocate Liverpool have finished 7-8 for the past 6 seasons before last, maybe people would say something similar about them

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    To play Devils advocate Liverpool have finished 7-8 for the past 6 seasons before last, maybe people would say something similar about them

Wrong

Is it four or five seasons ? I don't know it was just off memory which doesn't seem to be so good lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

4 seasons. Finished 2nd in 2009.

Is it four or five seasons ? I don't know it was just off memory which doesn't seem to be so good lately

Since 2010, they've finished 2nd once. So 5 seasons, 1 top 4.

But that's apparently being a big dog.

But let's not forget, in the 80's they were fooking deadly, which has so much relevance to now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Nothing wrong with my memory.

I still remember what you said about Liverpool fans!

Good post man. Really relevant to the thread.

Nothing wrong with my memory.

I still remember what you said about Liverpool fans!

You certainly do, you bring up what I supposeidly said yet my post history has nothing but a comment taken out of context.

But I'm not here to argue that, great win for pool, real possibility at a top four finish.

Since 2010, they've finished 2nd once. So 5 seasons, 1 top 4.

But that's apparently being a big dog.

But let's not forget, in the 80's they were fooking deadly, which has so much relevance to now.

It hasn't been all that bad. 11 or so trophies since the 80s.

Plenty of teams have had it worse.

You a Liverpudlian?

rarnes1 wrote: »

You a Liverpudlian?

No I'm not. But failure to see what that has to do with my post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

You a Liverpudlian?

Are you a trophy cabinet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

only 2 points behind LBU :)

No I'm not. But failure to see what that has to do with my post?

Just seems to be a lot of hate for Liverpool.

You can surely see the irony at scoffing at Liverpool's last 25 years when your club hasn't won any trophy for 20 years. Just saying.

I have no ill feelings for Everton as Im not a Liverpudlian and they aren't rivals. Just another game.

Anyway, forget it move on. Only a bit of banter lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Saints had a great season but they are out of ideas and steam. They could of played another 90 today and not scored.
    You simply have to be able to score goals to finish in that top 4.

I said it a while back arsenal, Liverpool have been so poor at the start of the season Southampton and united have had little pressure on them.

Liverpool are beating the teams around them quick and climbing the table. Fixture congestion could be a factor for Liverpool and arsenal but currently my money is on them completing the top 4.

Just seems to be a lot of hate for Liverpool.

You can surely see the irony at scoffing at Liverpool's last 25 years when your club hasn't won any trophy for 20 years. Just saying.

I have no ill feelings for Everton as Im not a Liverpudlian and they aren't rivals. Just another game.

Anyway, forget it move on. Only a bit of banter lad.

No Hatred. I've just been stating facts.

Why ask my club if you already knew?

Just find it amusing that whenever Liverpool fans can't argue the present they bring it back to irrelevant facts i.e the 80s.

rob316 wrote: »
    Saints had a great season but they are out of ideas and steam. They could of played another 90 today and not scored.
    You simply have to be able to score goals to finish in that top 4.

I said it a while back arsenal, Liverpool have been so poor at the start of the season Southampton and united have had little pressure on them.

Liverpool are beating the teams around them quick and climbing the table. Fixture congestion could be a factor for Liverpool and arsenal but currently my money is on them completing the top 4.

I don't know. Their fixtures are kind enough. I still think they'll be thereabouts come season end

• Advertisement

No Hatred. I've just been stating facts.

Why ask my club if you already knew?

Just find it amusing that whenever Liverpool fans can't argue the present they bring it back to irrelevant facts i.e the 80s.

You just made that up.

You were the one that brought up the 80's :confused:

Anyway, this is OT.

Great win today for the redmen, highlights on MOTD later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Great thread.

Bile,bitterness but ultimately disappointment dripping from so many posts.

Just as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Dcully wrote: »
    That should silence those bitter saints fans.
    Bitching and moaning about every single tackle or ref decision.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Funny how quite this thread has gone. Lots of keyboards being put away I'd say.
    Great thread.

Fair play to all involved, some of the posts were quality. Same time next week (- 4hrs)
    Great thread.

Bile,bitterness but ultimately disappointment dripping from so many posts.

Just as it should be.
    Southampton fans almost as bad as Everton fans with shouting hand ball for every block in the box
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Southampton fans sound like a bitter bunch.
    Southampton fans are desperate at this stage

what is with the obsession with what rival fans think and do. Inexplicable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You just made that up.

You were the one that brought up the 80's :confused:

Anyway, this is OT.

Great win today for the redmen, highlights on MOTD later.

Good but not quite OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

what is with the obsession with what rival fans think and do. Inexplicable

Gremlins, the lot of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement