Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v West Ham - 22 Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Its his first mistake of the game. Hes been immense. He should have looked over his shoulder yeah but he was also right that valencia was offside
    Valencia has not interfered with play and how exactly has he been immense?
    He commits mistake after mistake in big games.i know he has scored a complete fluke but he is an awful defender

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

hold tough west ham

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Unlucky on West Ham. Could be a valuable point come the end of the season.

Why did we have to wait until 15 mins to go to start playin?

hold tough west ham

Unlucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I wish people would stop using playing midweek in the europa league as an excuse..when we are main aim is to play in the champions league and do exactly the same thing. Plus we ha e no chance of winning the champs league...

Let's just get on with it...I'd much rather win next Sunday that qualofy for the champs league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ludo wrote: »
    Cheat!!!!

Plain and simple cheating.

Song clipped his feet. Song knew it himself, lying there with his head in his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Valencia has not interfered with play and how exactly has he been immense?
    He commits mistake after mistake in big games.i know he has scored a complete fluke but he is an awful defender

Valencia has jumped up 6 yards in front of the goalie to play the ball. Are you going to say that the cross was intended for sakho?? My understand of the law makes him offside. Could be wrong though

Downing has been West hams best player this year and wat did he do today playing against rose???? Shag all. I dont remember them getting behind him once to put a cross in.

Where were all his other mistakes then. Walker, kane, dembele and townsend made countless mistakes today

I am not his biggest fan but i thought he had a great game today even if he hadnt scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Don't know how we got anything out of that game.played shyte but got a point could be worse,players seem to have the cup final on their minds.

Valencia has jumped up 6 yards in front of the goalie to play the ball. Are you going to say that the cross was intended for sakho?? My understand of the law makes him offside. Could be wrong though

Downing has been West hams best player this year and wat did he do today playing against rose???? Shag all. I dont remember them getting behind him once to put a cross in.

Where were all his other mistakes then. Walker, kane, dembele and townsend made countless mistakes today

I am not his biggest fan but i thought he had a great game today even if he hadnt scored.
    The law states that it doesn't matter if he interferes with the goalkeepers vision if he has no direct contact with the ball he does not interfere and while I don't agree with it that is the law and as a professional,Rose should know this.
    We seem to live in an era where people judge full backs on their ability to get forward and not to defend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Unreal lucky to get a point but good teams dig deep

Could be a very valuable point , the performance was terrible all round though.

Also , Kane shouldn't take penalties :-). Missed 3 out of 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »
    Unreal lucky to get a point but good teams dig deep

Could be a very valuable point , the performance was terrible all round though.

Also , Kane shouldn't take penalties :-). Missed 3 out of 5

He did not miss it, he played a one two off the keeper :D. Credit to Gary Lineker for that one. COYS!!!!

We didn't play at all well but Adrian did make some fantastic saves to be honest: Bentaleb, Soldado and Kane's peno (thankfully Harry followed it up!). Noble should have been sent off as well.

Looks very suspiciously like a performance with one eye on the cup final to be honest.

The law states that it doesn't matter if he interferes with the goalkeepers vision if he has no direct contact with the ball he does not interfere and while I don't agree with it that is the law and as a professional,Rose should know this.
    We seem to live in an era where people judge full backs on their ability to get forward and not to defend

Fair enough. But how come then as soon as attackers move towards the ball ifs its a through ball for example they are offside? It happened twice in the first half for sakho.

Like i said i dont think hes the best left full in england. Hes probably not even in the top ten but the way the game is and the way we play the full backs are asked to attack more and more.

But he had a good game today. Kane made a worse mistake by missing the penalty at the end but got lucky that the ball came right back to him.

I completely agree that defending is priority number one but obviously there are plenty of managers that dont.

When you look at the top teams all, bar chelsea, have attacking full backs whose job it is to get forward and then come back and defend. Clichy, shaw, monreal, moreno, bertrand on the left and rafael, sagna, johnson, clyne and coleman on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Usual bitterness from Fat Sam "When you're desperate like they are." "A bad mis-hit from Rose."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

A tired looking team. The problem with with really pushing the fitness work is that sooner or later you need an extended break to be able to benefit from it! As the games come thick and fast more recovery is required. Wouldn't be surprised if the lethargy continues for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Downing has been poor since the turn of the year, there's no denying that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

We didn't play at all well but Adrian did make some fantastic saves to be honest: Bentaleb, Soldado and Kane's peno (thankfully Harry followed it up!). Noble should have been sent off as well.

Looks very suspiciously like a performance with one eye on the cup final to be honest.

When you knock the rebound back out towards the players then it's not a good save.

Top4 still a realistic possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    When you knock the rebound back out towards the players then it's not a good save.

Possibility yes, probability no. One thing is for sure, this team will fight until the last minute of every game to try and get the results. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I wouldn't rule it out yet, we're only 4 points off third which I think any of us would take. I don't fancy us but I'd be be happy to be a win away from top 4 come April

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Possibility yes, probability no. One thing is for sure, this team will fight until the last minute of every game to try and get the results. COYS!

This is true

Walked very poor recently. People keep slagging off rose but walker is as bad and doesn't score. Rose has 3 goals

Downing has been poor since the turn of the year, there's no denying that one.

Still been their best player this season, no denying that.

West ham have been poor since the turn of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

No European hangover for Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

ziedth wrote: »
    I wouldn't rule it out yet, we're only 4 points off third which I think any of us would take. I don't fancy us but I'd be be happy to be a win away from top 4 come April

Slim I'd say, arsenal are doing the usual at the business end and getting results which one has to admire, Liverpool seem to be hitting form too, us and Southampton are tailing away, that might change but I'd doubt it

Rose played well but he is prone to costly errors, standing with your hand up while your man hammers in a goal is schoolboy stuff

Is yedlin fit, he deserves a go at right back,

Also I'm not convinced with bentalab

A good point while playing terrible but not good enough at home if we are to be contebders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Starting a game with Rose, Townsend and Lamela .... sure why not just kick 2 nil down and make it official.

what was the point of spending all that money on Davies if we are not going to play him. He was signed after Poch came on board wasn't he or is he a Levy signing?

Nothing Dembele tried today was working, just another one of those days I guess.

Lamela ... enough is enough. If Soldado was given the amount of game time and starting berths this guy has been given he'd have 10 goals by now. We went on a great run when he was injured ... its no coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Woke up to see it was 2-2. Was thinking god damn it slipped up against West Ham... Seen the goal times...

2-0 down to get an equaliser in the 96th minute. Not good but we've a point. Things like this can drive the team forward. Here's hoping for a good game v fiorentina and then fresh and ready for Chelsea.

They did just draw with Burnley after all so who knows what their mind set is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

The Lamela experiment needs to end. He adds nothing to the team. Townsend was poor today but he shows more promise than Lamela

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Last season we'd have crumbled, it's a derby, we showed resilience. I believe the manager should share some of the blame too. We don't really have any game changers on the bench, best we can do is stick Soldado on.

Has Dier taken over from Fazio?

Townsend's just doesn't have any end product, he does try though. His crosses were better than those of Eriksen. But at this stage I wanna see more.

Lamela is receiving plenty of game time. Does anyone think he'll be a success? He looks like a bystander, those fancy back heels, I can do without them. Surely Chadli had earned the right to play there.

Dembele was back to doing squat. Couple of good games under his belt, not sure if he has the mentality needed. Got to show consistency.

Two big games coming up. Pochettino needs to reignite the team once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Who remembers Dawsons goal at home to Man City last Janauary when we got beat 5-1 i think it was..... I was at it behind the goal near rthe away end.
    Eriksen whipped in a freekick from out wide, similar to where Noble crossed for their 2nd goal....
    Dawsons goal was controversially disallowed very the very same reason as West Hams goal stood.... Someone was offside..not Dawson...but goal not given..right on the stroke of halftime....couple of mins into the 2nd half, Rose wins the ball in the box against Dzeko....penalty and red card!!.. then resinded!!

Typical Spurs luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Poor 75mins from Spurs
    Poor team selection (Townsend in for Eriksen was shocking decision)
    It looks like we peaked v Arsenal and are now on the slide

Advertisement