Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v West Ham - 22 Feb

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Poor 75mins from Spurs
    Poor team selection (Townsend in for Eriksen was shocking decision)
    It looks like we peaked v Arsenal and are now on the slide

We played well against Liverpool, so that's a tad unfair. We've been on a great run, all this talk of peaking and sliding, personally I don't buy in to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    We played well against Liverpool, so that's a tad unfair. We've been on a great run, all this talk of peaking and sliding, personally I don't buy in to.

It does worringly look like we have plateaued. Defo looked very tired against west ham , even though everton looked far worse against leicester.

mickman wrote: »
    It does worringly look like we have plateaued. Defo looked very tired against west ham , even though everton looked far worse against leicester.

Only when the season ends will we know. There's still plenty of fight left in that team. Still lots to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Agreed, we were going though a bad run a couple of years ago when we spanked Man City at the lane. If its one thing we know about Spurs, they can vary from great to very poor at any time and usually when you dont expect it!

I think we are still in with a good shout of 4th.

Next 4 league games are
    Swansea home
    QPR away
    Man U away
    Leicester Home

9 from those 12 if we are to stay in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I think we have the nicer run in than the teams around us tbh

• Advertisement

I haven't had a look at ours or anyone's run. I find it pointless, rather take it from game to game. I just want us to be in contention as Slegs has pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Id much rather win the Europa league than finish 4th TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

fair enough - I just have a bad feeling about where we're heading.
    Its a shame we haven't built on the arsenal performance/result.

We played decent at Liverpool but we were not the better team on the night
    The Europa Game last Thurs was a poor performance
    The West-Ham game was another poor performance

it's worrying

fair enough - I just have a bad feeling about where we're heading.
    Its a shame we haven't built on the arsenal performance/result.

We played decent at Liverpool but we were not the better team on the night
    The Europa Game last Thurs was a poor performance
    The West-Ham game was another poor performance

it's worrying

I thought we played well in the first half, the tie should of been dead and buried. We had ample opportunities to kill it.

It was an interesting line up, I wonder will he chose the same team for Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I have been saying for two years its not the match on the Thursday that kills us its the lack of atmoshpere at WHL on a Sunday.

if we played West ham at 3pm on Sat we'd beat them out the gate imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

oppiuy wrote: »
    Id much rather win the Europa league than finish 4th TBH.

Well that gets us into the Champions League too so 2 birds with one stone! And with added bonus of taking a spot from one of Arsenal, Liverpool or Man United would make it even sweeter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

slegs wrote: »
    Well that gets us into the Champions League too so 2 birds with one stone! And with added bonus of taking a spot from one of Arsenal, Liverpool or Man United would make it even sweeter!

Dont believe that's true. Pretty sure if Tottenham won and finished below 4th then there will be 5 English clubs in the CL. 4th won't lose its spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Pretty sure 4th would lose the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

UEFA confirm FIVE English clubs could qualify for next season's Champions League if Tottenham or Everton win Europa League
    Europa League winners will gain entry to Champions League
    If Tottenham or Everton win the Europa League, the Premier League will have five representatives in Europe's elite competition
    It was suggested that the top three and Europa League winner would qualify - making four - but UEFA have confirmed this will not be the case
    Tottenham have missed out when finishing in top four as Chelsea won the European Cup
    Europa League final is in Warsaw
    By ELLIOTT BRETLAND FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 15:46 GMT, 2 October 2014 | UPDATED: 20:45 GMT, 2 October 2014

This is from the Mail online so I don't know if its gospel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, they changed it after we lost the spot a few years ago.

Typicial :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, they changed it after we lost the spot a few years ago.

Typicial :(

Hence why I remember... Etched in the memory now.

Advertisement