Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self catering hotel with toddlers?

Options
  • 22-02-2015 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Looking to book something for summer holidays. Might try get a house on hotel grounds with free access to pool, playground etc. There will probably be 4 or 5 adults, 2&half year old, 8 month old and 3 month old! Checked dreamireland.ie last night, have a few options, prices seem over €1000!! Clarion kinsale had a good deal for 1st week in July but they don't have cooking facilities, just microwave which is not ideal. I know it's peak season but does anyone have any recommendations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

We went to mill park in Donegal town, they have full kitted out apartments in the hotel grounds and you can use the hotel facilities lots to do locally too. Nice walks and beaches. We also have done the mount Wolsley in Tullow same thing houses on grounds and you can use hotel facilities. I think Fota have similar but haven't been there myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The lodges at the kenmare bay hotel are lovely. Fully fitted kitches and are 3 bed. You can use the facilities of the hotel too. Its a lovely town and its a good base for exploring kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I don't know what its lime but I saw a deal for Avon ri houses in Wicklow on groupon a few weeks ago, included use of hotel leisure facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I don't know what its lime but I saw a deal for Avon ri houses in Wicklow on groupon a few weeks ago, included use of hotel leisure facilities.
    Yeh,saw that too but doubt they'll offer those deals during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Try the Gleneagle in killarney, they have self catering apartments and you can use the hotel too - the hotel needs a lick of paint but it is still nice. Pool, kids playroom etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

bp wrote: »
    Try the Gleneagle in killarney,
    Says on their website that apartments are only 2 bedroom.Think we're gonna need at least 3 if not 4 bedrooms.Thanks anyways but. Kenmare Lodges seem booked up already. Mount Wolseley looks nice but €1100 in the summer for 1 week. Gonna keep looking around.
    EDIT-anyone stayed in the Banna Beach Resort houses? Sound good though reviews are mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

toby2111 wrote: »
    Says on their website that apartments are only 2 bedroom.Think we're gonna need at least 3 if not 4 bedrooms.Thanks anyways but. Kenmare Lodges seem booked up already. Mount Wolseley looks nice but €1100 in the summer for 1 week. Gonna keep looking around.
    EDIT-anyone stayed in the Banna Beach Resort houses? Sound good though reviews are mixed.

Yeah two bed and a single bed in the kitchen/ living room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Was in Banna years ago, not much to do around the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Westport House is gorgeous and they used to rent out houses on the grounds. I'm not sure if they still do that but there is so much to do there for adults and children alike and it's just beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I stayed in the Waterford Castle Hotel last summer in the lodges on the grounds. Absolutely beautiful, no pool though but there's tennis, playground, beautiful grounds etc. The lodges are 3 bed but sleep 6-8; fully s/c.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Avon Rí is handy with small chidren.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

toby2111 wrote: »
    Looking to book something for summer holidays. Might try get a house on hotel grounds with free access to pool, playground etc. There will probably be 4 or 5 adults, 2&half year old, 8 month old and 3 month old! Checked dreamireland.ie last night, have a few options, prices seem over €1000!! Clarion kinsale had a good deal for 1st week in July but they don't have cooking facilities, just microwave which is not ideal. I know it's peak season but does anyone have any recommendations ?

Quality hotel in Youghal, but no window locks on the upstairs windows, and you cannot lock yourself in, if your toddlers have wanderlust..

Advertisement