Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade for beginner

Options
  • 22-02-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

ITEM: (Wanted) arcade machine for beginner. Plug in, play away
    POST\COLLECTION: Can collect, based in Tipp
    PRICE: willing to pay €250-€500
    PAYMENT METHODS: Paypal/Cash

Looking for an arcade machine to go into my expanding game collection. Complete newb when it comes to arcade machines but have a large colection of consoles and an arcade would top it off. Looking for something to just plug & play..multiple games desired but will look at what you've got

Thanks

Comments

Mozzie here is in Tipp,
    you should check out his stuff and get some pointers,
    Im sure he wouldnt mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I know its not in tipp but its a proper machine with CRT and a multigame included so its a good start.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/retro-arcade-machine-161-games-in-1/7399778

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

I know its not in tipp but its a proper machine with CRT and a multigame included so its a good start.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/retro-arcade-machine-161-games-in-1/7399778

Thanks cathal. Id seen this one and looks ok. Just from looking at it and hardware spec'd is it possible add more emulators on it? Plus im willing to travel, doesnt have to be in tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Thanks cathal. Id seen this one and looks ok. Just from looking at it and hardware spec'd is it possible add more emulators on it? Plus im willing to travel, doesnt have to be in tipp

Well looking at that one it has a 161 multi game cart with a good selection of the neo geo stuff so as cathal said its a good start.

You could probably add more (horizontal display) game boards easily enough as it is wired for Jamma connections, The 619 in in one isnt a bad board either and it would have some of the older/other classics like space invaders/bubble bobble/street fighter etc. I've used it in machines that I have built and its pretty bulletproof.

However some of the games require 6 buttons per player and it looks as if that one only has 3 per player so you might be a bit limited. Although its not too hard to add more buttons and wire them in.

It looks as if the screen is a bit off on the pics though as the display appears to be clipped at either side. Could just be a simple adjustment required though. I mainly build PC based multi system cabinets as opposed to restoring the older stuff so I'm sure there are others on here who could advise better than me regarding that particular cabinet.

Damien

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Thanks damien for your help

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry about that, arcade CRTs need to be adjusted with each different game board installed.
    The horizontal/vertical positioning and size would be the main adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

I wouldn't worry about that, arcade CRTs need to be adjusted with each different game board installed.
    The horizontal/vertical positioning and size would be the main adjustments.

I Thought as much, shame the other multiboard for sale on here is a vertical, he could have offered 400 for that other cab and met in the middle at 450 , offered asking for the 412 in one and Had a machine with 600 good games for 500 beans.....

.......or it it simple enough to flip the screens in these cabs? :cool:

I Thought as much, shame the other multiboard for sale on here is a vertical, he could have offered 400 for that other cab and met in the middle at 450 , offered asking for the 412 in one and Had a machine with 600 good games for 500 beans.....

.......or it it simple enough to flip the screens in these cabs? :cool:
    Machine depending, I don't think with that machine its too easy.

Thats an electrocoin Xenon. The monitor is in a cage and shouldent be too much have to tate I'd imagine, if ya got it for the right price be a great starter cab.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement