Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering with a club

• 22-02-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭

If joining a club do you also need to join Cycle Ireland for a licence for sportives?
    Is there any advantage doing it online with Cycle Ireland with registering for events etc.?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Regardless of sportives, you'll need a CI/IVCA Licence for club rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Yanu

Yes, that's what I was told when I try to join my local club.
    I went to cycling ireland and filled the form with my details. I have been waiting for the confirmation email for nearly two weeks…. Without that email the website doesn't allow me to register. I rang twice but got an answering machine. I'll try again today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Use their contact us form on their site

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/contact-us

As they seem to be oblivious to problems/delays of any kind relating to their registration process :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wouldnt a new mebership have to be approved by the club's secretary might be worth talking to them as well ?

Thanks but I don't think the club got the request. This is just the initial set up where you set the username and password to log in. I didn't get as far as requesting the membership.
    I have sent them a message as mamas advised and we'll see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Schecter01

Are the notoriously difficult to get a hold of? I here similar stories elsewhere

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This time of year they tend to be inundated with queries from members and indeed clubs. They only have small staffing and there are certainly stories of people encountering difficulties in trying to get hold of them by phone. I've never had an issue by e-mail, but as a club official it may be that I somehow manage to get a bit of priority treatment

OP, you may be subject to a bit of a "chicken and egg" situation here. CI can't finalise your application without the club having approved you (unless you go unregistered). If you club are saying you must be a member of CI before joining the club that may be stopping them from approving you

I would suggest speaking to the club. They can access your details via the CI portal if you have included them as your club. They may then be able to spot any logjam in the process.

I was able to contact them through the "contact us" page and got a quick response. They gave me a temporary login and I was able to do the registration. Maybe there is something wrong with their website.

Advertisement