Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Bettystown

Options
  • 22-02-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, myself and my fiancée thinking of buying in Bettystown. Seems like a nice friendly community. Looking for some feedback please, good and bad?!! Will be commuting to Dublin so is it worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

where abouts in Bettystown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ciara710

Whitefield Manor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Love Bettystown myself. Been here 14 yrs. You're only a stone's throw from Donacarney school if you've kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surveyguy

Hi

Myself and the better half are considering buying in Bettystown. I need to be in the IFSC in Dublin for approx 8:40 each morning for work. I would have assumed most people living in Bettystown were in the same boat and had moved there for access to the train station in Laytown but reading these posts it looks like most people are using the Matthews coaches service. Is there a reason why people don't just drive the 5 minutes to the train station in Laytown? Am I missing something? I don't think the bus twice a day would be something I could deal with so this comes as something of a blow to the plans.

Sorry for bumping an old thread also

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

Mathews have a service that picks up at numerous stops around Mornington/Bettystown/Laytown and goes via the port tunnel to the IFSC.
    Much more convenient than driving to Laytown or Drogheda and walking from Connolly station to the IFSC.
    Mathews is frequent, reliable and have tax saver tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

surveyguy wrote: »
    Hi

Myself and the better half are considering buying in Bettystown. I need to be in the IFSC in Dublin for approx 8:40 each morning for work. I would have assumed most people living in Bettystown were in the same boat and had moved there for access to the train station in Laytown but reading these posts it looks like most people are using the Matthews coaches service. Is there a reason why people don't just drive the 5 minutes to the train station in Laytown? Am I missing something? I don't think the bus twice a day would be something I could deal with so this comes as something of a blow to the plans.

Sorry for bumping an old thread also

Cost and convenience.

The bus is cheaper, picks up at a number of locations and you get a seat. The wifi is ok (not brilliant). I prefer the bus to the train for no other reason than you get to sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 49redballoons

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the detached houses are like at the village development located just off the Eastham Road, Bettystown. What is the area like itself around this little development? Would you suggest that there is any reason why not to move there?

Thank you

Advertisement