Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 costs

Options
  • 22-02-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, my trusty 360 has given up the ghost today, ironically after being turned on for the first time in nearly a year to play, i got the red ring of death.

I'd like to replace it, any ideas how much a new 360 would cost? has the X1 caused the price to drop a lot? or are there still significant savings to be made buying second hand?

Appreciate the advice guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

The one hasn't caused the 360 to drop in price at all.
    It's 240 euros in Argos xbox 360 500gb with Fifa 15.
    It's 250 euros in gamestop same bundle.
    It's 230 euros in Harvey Norman with no game if there happens to be a harvey normans near you because their delivery price is ridiculous for large items it's 20 euros.
    The slim is definitely a lot more reliable but I'd hate to be shelling out all that money for a 360 at this late stage in its lifecycle.
    Unfortunately a lot of the big games coming out this year like witcher 3, dying light and batman arkham knight are next gen only.
    If you've got a massive backlog of games like me what you could do is either look on adverts.ie and get a second hand xbox 360 slim or you could get your console repaired which I can't remember exactly costs to get it repaired I think it was around 80 euros, you could check that with Microsoft anyway.

My original white 360 broke down in 2012. It kept freezing. I sent it off to be repaired and they sent me back a white xbox 360 with a hdmi port so they didn't repair it ,they sent me back a different model as mine had no hdmi on it. I then gave that to my bro. I just didn't like having the broken 360 sitting at home doing nothing being a dead weight.
    I had already bought the black slim 250gb console for myself for about 230 euros in gamestop with ghost recon future soldier. It was actually cheaper back then. Was 250gb instead of 500gb though.

Then there is also the 4gb for 185 euros but I wouldn't bother with that not enough harddrive space for anything.

I believe that everyone who had a white 360 and actually put any decent amount of time into playing it had it breakdown.
    I'm talking about the ones that came out through 2005-2007.
    I think it has to have been one of if not the most unreliable piece of electronics ever released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

quinnd6 wrote: »
    It's 230 euros in Harvey Norman with no game if there happens to be a harvey normans near you because their delivery price is ridiculous for large items it's 20 euros.

its only €4.99 for delivery of a console? i bought a ps4 this weekend (they had a deal on a controller as well so i thought it was time to get a ps4 :) ) anyway, the delivery cost came up at €4.99? €20 is probably for a big fridge or something

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Just before you buy a new XBOX, check the power supply, if the power supply isn't working right, you'll get red rings on the console. If it's only 3 red rings you might just have a dodgy PSU or even a dodgy wall socket/extention lead

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If you do decide to replace the console, you can get them second hand at CEX for anything between 75 euro (with a controller) for the old white version (probably reliability issues) to between 100 - 160 for newer versions with HDDs

https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=xbox+360&section=&refinecat=Xbox+360+Consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Akrasia wrote: »
    Just before you buy a new XBOX, check the power supply, if the power supply isn't working right, you'll get red rings on the console. If it's only 3 red rings you might just have a dodgy PSU or even a dodgy wall socket/extention lead

Checked it with another PSU already, no joy :(

But cheers for the tips guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement