Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flagstaff Carlingford

Options
  • 22-02-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

I've seen some nice views from your wee village carlingford from a place called flagstaff and can see the whole lough. I am just wondering if you could give me directions on how to get there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Depends on the direction you are coming from OP.

If coming from the South on the M.1. --

1. Take the exit for Jonesboro / Carrickdale Hotel. I think it's exit 19.
    Take the first right turn when you pass the Carrickdale Hotel and go straight on for about 4 miles and it's on your left.

2. If coming from the Carlingford / Omeath side take the turn at Davey's Pub (left turn) which is about a mile past Omeath in the Newry direction.
    Then take the first turn right after about 300 metres or so. This is a steep narrow road. The viewing point and picnic area is about 1 mile up that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Advertisement