Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What is a REAL biker....

• 22-02-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

After a long and heated discussion with some mates i've concluded that a REAL biker must conform to most or all of these criteria....

1 Be bald
    2 overweight
    3 covered with tatoo's
    4 have piercings
    5 have a goatee
    6 be a vehicle racist.
    7 be racist
    8 be loud
    9 have a loud bike
    10 drink too much (see 2) .
    11 smoke
    12 have a firearm ( "oh its just for killing rats")
    13 have a dangerous dog (shes an oul pet)
    14 hate other roadusers
    15 be macho al lthe time
    16 be homophobic
    17 wear jewellery

I'm clearly not a REAL biker then..................................thank fcuk...:p

:D..just a bit of fun...no offence intended...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

years ago i went to a few rallies, but i could never understand the whole "biker uniform" leather waistcoat, beard, shaved head, wallet on a chain, 20 years later i still don't get it, but each to their own, i'm still riding bikes, but i wouldn't call myself a biker,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chippy01

1 Be bald - Nowhere near bald
    2 overweight - I was, and getting lighter by the day
    3 covered with tattoo's - I have only the one
    4 have piercings - Not a chance in Hell!!
    5 have a goatee - Nope. Full faced hairy
    6 be a vehicle racist. - Ride/drive what you will
    7 be racist - I'm not that narrow-minded
    8 be loud - or that arrogant
    9 have a loud bike - my bikes sound like bikes, not sewing machines
    10 drink too much (see 2) - once upon a time
    11 smoke - guilty as charged
    12 have a firearm ( "oh its just for killing rats") - I've got a cat that takes care of the rats
    13 have a dangerous dog (shes an oul pet) - Cat doesn't like dogs either
    14 hate other roadusers - Don't hate, but I watch them really carefully
    15 be macho al lthe time - That will get you nowhere fast
    16 be homophobic - Each to their own
    17 wear jewellery - Just a watch

I'd rather be on one of my bikes than in my car, but when needs must .......................

How does that rate on your 'Real Biker' scale? :rolleyes:;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

After a long and heated discussion with some mates i've concluded that a REAL biker must conform to most or all of these criteria....

1 Be bald......NOPE
    2 overweight......NOPE
    3 covered with tattoo's......YUP
    4 have piercings......YUP
    5 have a goatee......NOPE
    6 be a vehicle racist.......SOMETIMES
    7 be racist......NOPE
    8 be loud.......YUP
    9 have a loud bike......YUP
    10 drink too much (see 2)......TEETOTAL
    11 smoke......NOPE

12 have a firearm ( "oh its just for killing rats")........YUP (3)
    13 have a dangerous dog (shes an oul pet)......NOPE
    14 hate other road users......YUP
    15 be macho al lthe time......NOPE
    16 be homophobic.......NOPE
    17 wear jewellery.......YUP (wedding ring)

I'm clearly not a REAL biker then..................................thank fcuk...:p

:D..just a bit of fun...no offence intended...
    Dunno how I fit in then......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

I think a lot of people conform to the stereotypical biker look. I find it funny when a lad has an outlaw look about him commuting on his 1200GS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

In the immortal words of Roger Mellie, The Man On The Telly: Bollocks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 TheArtOfNoise

I wear a watch and jewelry, hair lots of hair and facial stuble, smoke, liberal minded etc but I drive a Vespa? does that count lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

18. Own a bike (optional)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

zubair wrote: »

18. Own a bike (optional)

:D.......very true...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I wear a watch and jewelry, hair lots of hair and facial stuble, smoke, liberal minded etc but I drive a Vespa? does that count lol

Youre a hipster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I've no tattoos but I'm a racist homophobe. Can I join the cool gang?

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I've no tattoos but I'm a racist homophobe. Can I join the cool gang?

How racist.???....I'll send you an application form.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

1 Be bald ..... Check
    2 overweight ..... not yet but im working on it
    3 covered with tatoo's ..... only a few ;)
    4 have piercings ..... Check
    5 have a goatee ..... does lazy beard count?
    6 be a vehicle racist. ..... live and let live.
    7 be racist ..... nah (it's not racist if you hate everyone.)
    8 be loud ..... nope
    9 have a loud bike ..... Yep
    10 drink too much (see 2) ..... nope a soberite.
    11 smoke ..... nope.. the bike smokes enough for the both of us.
    12 have a firearm ( "oh its just for killing rats") nope.. dont have rats.
    13 have a dangerous dog (shes an oul pet) thats no way to talk about my misses!
    14 hate other roadusers ..... only the ones trying to kill me!
    15 be macho al lthe time ..... nah im a big softy
    16 be homophobic ..... nah the more gay men the less competition for the wimmen.
    17 wear jewellery ..... Everyone needs some bling.

i guess im only about half biker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Does'nt have a car, only transport is two wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

thelawman wrote: »
    years ago i went to a few rallies, but i could never understand the whole "biker uniform" leather waistcoat, beard, shaved head, wallet on a chain, 20 years later i still don't get it, but each to their own, i'm still riding bikes, but i wouldn't call myself a biker,

I saw three dressed just like that last Saturday night outside Sally Long's in Galway. Grand.

and not a bike in sight, anywhere.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I only conform to 5 of those.... Had a beard but had to shave :( will be back to 6 in summer!!!

What makes a biker, rides a bike year round in almost all weather.... I hate those cnuts that only come out in summer taking up all the good parking spots in cork city.... I know every regular bike that parks in the city and somehow in summer the number of bikes literally quadruples!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

A real biker is one who rides a bike minimum 1000cc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

CJ Haughey wrote: »
    A real biker is one who rides a bike minimum 1000cc.

Only if he's overcompensating.... :D

Only if he's overcompensating.... :D

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A real biker is able to appreciate all kind of bikes, even ones that he or she may not like.
    A real biker will stop to help a fellow biker if they are in trouble or have had a spill.
    A real biker will show other bikers how to do things and be able to be shown themselves without appearing arrogant.
    Those are just a few things that I can think of, there are probably others.
    Conforming to a stereotype of a leather waistcoat wearing pirate wannabe is pretty low on my list.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    A real biker is able to appreciate all kind of bikes, even ones that he or she may not like.
    A real biker will stop to help a fellow biker if they are in trouble or have had a spill.
    A real biker will show other bikers how to do things and be able to be shown themselves without appearing arrogant.
    Conforming to a stereotype of a leather waistcoat wearing pirate wannabe is pretty low on my list.

Say it, brother. In 25 years and half-a-million miles I've never left a Marine on the side of the road, and I never will. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I always find these threads very interesting to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TheArtOfNoise

My motto is "No-one gets left behind!", even when a Lambretta breaks down ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jivedude

CJhaughey wrote: »

I'm a biker then

My motto is "No-one gets left behind!", even when a Lambretta breaks down ;-)

Even <grits teeth> a sodding Lambretta. 'Tis true! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Be it an outlaw on a v-twin cruiser, a power ranger on a crotch rocket, a cloth-capped OAP on a vintage Brit, a pizza takeaway delivery guy on a nifty fifty or a hipster on a scoot...we're all bikers once we're on 2 wheels IMHO

27a43bf048c66ec1411ad8d52b23870557c52ac3d4f80a32cc0717218b343c2b.jpg

Some people taking this a bit serious imo...its not a competition lads.....;)

Cant wait for the RDS show.....plenty of real bikers there................

but not a helmet in sight...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

But, I thought it was serious.

It says Real in the thread title.:eek:

... even when a Lambretta breaks down ;-)

...and it will, believe me, it will............. :pac:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...and it will, believe me, it will............. :pac:

Ah, the sun rises, the sun sets, the Sun crashes, Honda reg/recs are shít, Yamahas burn oil and small Italian scooters are the Holy Hand-Grenade of Antioch! :pac:

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Ah, the sun rises, the sun sets, the Sun crashes, Honda reg/recs are shít, Yamahas burn oil and small Italian scooters are the Holy Hand-Grenade of Antioch! :pac:

and here's proof: my SO in years gone by with, worse, a Servetta.........

img021-M.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement