Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet passport - travel Ireland - UK - Ireland

• 22-02-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if or when the rabies vaccination needs to be renewed to maintain the PET passport for a dog.

I've looked on agriculture.gov.ie and can't see anything. Does anyone here know?

Thanks.

Daithi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

When did you last have it done? Nearly sure it's every 3 years but ring your vet and they should know for definite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Yeah, every 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

The vaccination is valid for three years. If you already have a Pet Passport it has the date your pet's current vaccination is valid until in Section IV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yup, Nobivac Rabies is valid for three years. Not sure about other brands of rabies vaccine though. Have a look at the vaccination sticker in the passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Daithio39

Ok, thanks. It's surprising (or not) that it's not specified on the Dept. website, or at least I couldn't see it anywhere. I did read somewhere on-line about an annual renewal but I can't remember what country it was for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Daithio39 wrote: »
    Ok, thanks. It's surprising (or not) that it's not specified on the Dept. website, or at least I couldn't see it anywhere. I did read somewhere on-line about an annual renewal but I can't remember what country it was for.

The rabies vaccinations licenced for use in the UK and Ireland have a duration of immunity of 3 years, as opposed to 1 year in continental Europe.

The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine's section on the pet passport scheme can be found here.

Advertisement