Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcohan / Cherrymount

Options
  • 22-02-2015 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello Guys,
    I am planing to move out house,and stumbled on a very nice house in cherrymount. Rent price is suitable and house looks in very nice condition.
    I was just wondering about area,i was warned that this area is full of travellers and that they actually have their camps just on a green across where i would live.
    I would appreciate if you people would tell me if its really that rough as i heard,dont want to rent a house and be robbed or worse...
    Thanks for any comments! Have a nice day:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Rented for a year in cherrymount down near the bottom, facing out towards the tramore road. Never had any break ins to the house, although a car was broken into. Id avoid the little bridge over the river when its dark out but other than that its fine.

No travellers that I was aware of. Moved on because of dampness in the house but that a seperate issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Living in Cherrymount all my life, never any real issues out of the norm. I'm in the larger Cherrymount area, its divided into two. One is the turn in after the bus stop, and one after the apartments.

The tramore road walkway was a problem now and then but in the last month all the trees blocking the view of it have been cleared away.

Someone did try and park a camper van on the green at the front of estate one time, but that was in like 2002/2003 and that's the only issue like it.

Place is grand to live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jursim wrote: »
    Hello Guys,
    I am planing to move out house,and stumbled on a very nice house in cherrymount. Rent price is suitable and house looks in very nice condition.
    I was just wondering about area,i was warned that this area is full of travellers and that they actually have their camps just on a green across where i would live.
    I would appreciate if you people would tell me if its really that rough as i heard,dont want to rent a house and be robbed or worse...

Heh! Very old info there, about up to about 10-12 years ago there was a couple of carvans parked on the Ballytruckle Road but that's ancient history.

Cherrymount is quiet enough, which road is the house on?

ps. it should be noted Kilcohan/St Herblain Park on the other side of the main road have little to do with Cherrymount/Usuline Court on this side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jursim

Heh! Very old info there, about up to about 10-12 years ago there was a couple of carvans parked on the Ballytruckle Road but that's ancient history.

Cherrymount is quiet enough, which road is the house on?

ps. it should be noted Kilcohan/St Herblain Park on the other side of the main road have little to do with Cherrymount/Usuline Court on this side of the road.

The house is on ashley drive, people were saying that all rough people are hanging around spar or bridge... people that im moving in have to make the decision by tomorrow... as i said place looks extremely nice all im afraid is to get hurt or robed :s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The house is on ashley drive, people were saying that all rough people are hanging around spar or bridge... people that im moving in have to make the decision by tomorrow... as i said place looks extremely nice all im afraid is to get hurt or robed :s

I live on Ashley Drive. No problems whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You'll be fine! I'd love to know where you were getting this info.

The Spar shop is across the main road about 5 mins walk away, the prices are terrible so I shop at Lidl (10 mins walk) or Centra in Johns Park (5 mins the other direction) which three times the size and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Lived there for 5/6 years and we never had any problems, albeit I did hear it got rougher after we left but seems to have gone back to normal. Walk through their alot going to Kingfisher and that and never saw any hassle, walkway (little bridge onto the tramore road) might still be a bit dodgy at night, although the lighting and the opening up of the area helped alot with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Boooourns

I've lived here about 10 years now and never had any hassle. Ashley drive is quiet , the school St Martins school is across the road. I'm actually laughing at people say it's a bit rough, it's not at all. Trust me you'll be grand, bus stop around the corner to get in and out of town as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Hello Guys,

So did you take the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jursim

No...at the end i had a lot more probs ...so pitty though...house was amazing...

• Advertisement
Advertisement