Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

short term tenants

Options
  • 22-02-2015 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi there
    i have a house in west dublin but want to rent it short term as i need to sell it. Any ideas? Please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Define short term?

Ideas about what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Just stick it up on daft.ie for the duration of how long you plan on holding it before sale. But it might not make sense as people expect houses to be funished here(large expense). I dont think most tenants would be happy with having a house spotless for Saturday showings. So you might be better off having to not let

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Air BnB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Be very careful you don't get someone overholding (how you're careful about that I have no idea!). Sounds like what you want is someone up here during the week and then somewhere else on weekends. With enough flexibility and a good price I can see you letting it - just put an honest ad up on Daft as someone said above.

Expect a lot of time wasters who don't read the ad properly.

EDIT renting rooms specifically might be the best bet, the licensee arrangement might suit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Hi there
    i have a house in west dublin but want to rent it short term as i need to sell it. Any ideas? Please!

location in west dublin will dictate your options

• Advertisement

location in west dublin will dictate your options

So would any other point of the compass.

So would any other point of the compass.

? what

? what

Your post can be read a number of ways.

Your post can be read a number of ways.

west dublin is quiet big.

one area might be good for business short term lets another for university's etc

west dublin is quiet big.

one area might be good for business short term lets another for university's etc

My mistake, sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement