Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vape-iversay Thread

Options
  • 22-02-2015 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Today I celebrate one full year without a stinkie. Something I never thought possible. Yet I'm only in the ha-penny place compared to some. In the last few weeks I've come across a couple of people celebrating their 5th and 6th Vape-iversaries and there are many more out there.

I've been thinking about this for the last few days and reckoned it'd be nice to have a thread dedicated to these little victories for a few reasons...
    1. Everyone deserves a little self congratulation now and again.
    2. It helps set targets (if needed)
    3. It might give encouragement to anyone thinking of taking up vaping or struggling to keep going, if they see what is possible.

So what I'm suggesting is that this thread be kept as a place where people (if they want) can mark time related achievements in their vaping life.
    I reckon notable dates could be:
    1 week
    1 month
    3 months
    6 months
    1 year
    and then annually after that.

From watching activity on this and other fora I've noticed that in a lot of cases vapers are most active in the earlier stages of their vaping lives and post less as time goes on. Although I have to admit that there are a few notable exceptions both here and in the Irish Facebook Vaping Groups.

It'd be great to have long termers who've moved on drop back in, even once a year on their Vape-iversary, to say Howya and maybe share something they've learned or really liked in the intervening period.

In a nutshell a thread where new vapers can celebrate making the switch and longer term vapers can celebrate that day in the distant past when their lives changed so dramatically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

1 year. 22nd Feb 2015. Dec aka Shino.

(Kicking things off)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Today I celebrate one full year without a stinkie. Something I never thought possible. Yet I'm only in the ha-penny place compared to some. In the last few weeks I've come across a couple of people celebrating their 5th and 6th Vape-iversaries and there are many more out there.

I've been thinking about this for the last few days and reckoned it'd be nice to have a thread dedicated to these little victories for a few reasons...
    1. Everyone deserves a little self congratulation now and again.
    2. It helps set targets (if needed)
    3. It might give encouragement to anyone thinking of taking up vaping or struggling to keep going, if they see what is possible.

So what I'm suggesting is that this thread be kept as a place where people (if they want) can mark time related achievements in their vaping life.
    I reckon notable dates could be:
    1 week
    1 month
    3 months
    6 months
    1 year
    and then annually after that.

From watching activity on this and other fora I've noticed that in a lot of cases vapers are most active in the earlier stages of their vaping lives and post less as time goes on. Although I have to admit that there are a few notable exceptions both here and in the Irish Facebook Vaping Groups.

It'd be great to have long termers who've moved on drop back in, even once a year on their Vape-iversary, to say Howya and maybe share something they've learned or really liked in the intervening period.

In a nutshell a thread where new vapers can celebrate making the switch and longer term vapers can celebrate that day in the distant past when their lives changed so dramatically.

into my fourth month now and i must say i'm really enjoying it i used to roll my own roughly 125 gms per week
    i enjoy trying different juices, just tobacco no interest in fruit flavours.
    not saving much money, buying tanks and stuff to get a good setup
    also i find that apart from fasttech or cigsbuy the irish sites seem to be the best value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

28th Sept 2009 I started vaping,thanks to a friend in Germany,I was smoking 150gms of Golden Virginia (black market) per week & haven't even had one fag since then.I still love my 24mg Nic in my liquids.
    Well done to all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I'm coming up on 4 years shortly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

I'll be 1 year in 10 days time, I'd love to say I've saved a fortune but I reckon I've spent almost as much on vaping as smoking..
    If I was starting today I wouldn't have to buy half the stuff I have bought.. Just buy Istick 30w, Subtank mini, sorted.. Wish this stuff was about 1 year ago.. But hey I plan on saving a fortune this year coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Been lurking around here since I smoked my last roll up six months ago.
    Bought an ego and some juice, now I'm vaping away happily on mini nauti and an IPVmini.
    No intentions of going back to the fags ...............Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

5 Feb 2014. Started with a mini protank2 kit from Myepack. Then I discovered Fastech. Used a couple of x6 vv batteries and they were grand until they fell apart.
    Currentley using an Smart 20 istick clone and a few aerotanks on home made coils. That is as far as I will go..... Maybe a nano subtank in the future,and a cloupor mini...
    Forgot to mention the homemade juice. Not easy to get a really nice mix,unless you use a one shot concentrate. Tried a grants custard clone that everyone said was the bees knees,and twas was only ok.
    Am steeping a Custardy Lovechild recipe at the mo,have high hopes for this one.

Check out the Clouper Mini,there are alot of warnings about this device,better off with an istick 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

7weeks 4 days since I last rolled a cig.
    Feel better,look better (I think) and smell better too:D
    Have spent a fortune trying to get the right setup but I feel I'm there now so the cost is hopefully money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

About a week before Christmas 2013. I was going through a small bit of tobacco last Summer, not too sure why, but otherwise very happy with vaping, really didn't expect it to be so good. I'd like to say I'll save some money this year, maybe, but the devices are all so pretty :o. I still haven't tried squonking, drippers, gennies...Very happy riding it out for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Mech1

About 2 weeks into this, loving it. 40 a day to 0 gotta be good

[IMG][/img]IMAG02721.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMAG02741.jpg

That Lego is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Needs a few windows......... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Everything is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

This day last week was my 3 month vape-iversary. Couldn't feel better :) still craving an analog, but not giving in. Down from 24mg to 6, too.

My boyfriend took inspiration from me and now he's nearly 2 months smoke free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

This day last week was my 3 month vape-iversary. Couldn't feel better :) still craving an analog, but not giving in. Down from 24mg to 6, too.

My boyfriend took inspiration from me and now he's nearly 2 months smoke free :)

Congrats Jenny. Keep it going. 24mg to 6mg in 3 months is a huge drop. If you're worried about the cravings why not go back up to 12mg for a while, reduce after a wee bit to 9 and then to 6mg when you're past the craving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Congrats Jenny. Keep it going. 24mg to 6mg in 3 months is a huge drop. If you're worried about the cravings why not go back up to 12mg for a while, reduce after a wee bit to 9 and then to 6mg when you're past the craving

Hurts my throat to vape higher than 6 on 3.3v unless I'm drunk :pac: the drop happened after a month. I only crave them when the mother smokes around me, so it's not too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Wow fair play to you Jenny. Took me a year to brave dropping to 6. I was on 12 for about 11 months of that ha. Been a year and 2 months now. Going to have to go to 3 at some point and then hopefully tail off. I have a feeling that my addiction to nicotine is a lot weaker than I think it is and it's more habit at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

About 2.5 years. August 2012 IIRC.

40 a day smoker. 'Bout €15,000 net saved in that time. Unlike many here I don't have shelves full of mods and juices worth thousands. Settled on cheap and cheerful VV batteries and found a 16/7/365 juice I liked early on. ie. my nic habit went from 7 grand a year to about €500 :D

Calibos wrote: »
    found a 16/7/365 juice I liked early on

Cad e sin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Cad e sin?

16 hours a day (he sleeps 8) the rest speaks for itself

:pac: I meant what liquid did he stick with!

:pac: I meant what liquid did he stick with!

Did a little bit of stalking Liqua Cuban cigar

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Everything is awesome.
    Everything is cool when you're vaping out steam!

That Lego stand is, well awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Did a little bit of stalking Liqua Cuban cigar

I feel violated :D

My tastebuds were never sensitive at the best of times and desensitise easily. All the fancier clearo's I tried or juices just didn't make enough of a difference to be worth the much higher turnover of heads etc. I always reverted to my trusty Kanger T2 and Liqua Cuban who's heads lasted weeks and who's taste muted but never disappeared completely like all the other juices even the expensive ones I tried.

In other words, my crappy tastebuds meant It was quickly apparent that it was a fools errand in my case to go chasing the perfect vape and thus I never ended up with drawers full of batteries and clearo's and juices etc.

ie. I'm not claiming that Liqua Cuban Cigar is the nectar of the Gods or anything :D

Calibos wrote: »
    I feel violated :D

My tastebuds were never sensitive at the best of times and desensitise easily. All the fancier clearo's I tried or juices just didn't make enough of a difference to be worth the much higher turnover of heads etc. I always reverted to my trusty Kanger T2 and Liqua Cuban who's heads lasted weeks and who's taste muted but never disappeared completely like all the other juices even the expensive ones I tried.

In other words, my crappy tastebuds meant It was quickly apparent that it was a fools errand in my case to go chasing the perfect vape and thus I never ended up with drawers full of batteries and clearo's and juices etc.

ie. I'm not claiming that Liqua Cuban Cigar is the nectar of the Gods or anything :D

I remember you posted it a while back :cool: I tried it in Ecovape its quite nice would be a great juice for after a dinner. Real smooth tobacco taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tishball

One month TODAY

Tishball wrote: »
    One month TODAY
    Whoop!
    You're in the sweet spot now, taste and smell and things like that start to return. Plus you'll have cycled out (washed!) all your smelly smoking clothes and you'll get several wears out of most garments before you need to wash them. At least that was my finding, a shirt could be worn a few times provided I didn't sweat or spill beer or food on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tishball

Yes I love that it's fabric conditioner I smell from my clothes! Also if my husband goes to give me a kiss I am not worried about fag breath! Not getting techie o long haul flights will be great!

• Advertisement

Tishball wrote: »
    Yes I love that it's fabric conditioner I smell from my clothes! Also if my husband goes to give me a kiss I am not worried about fag breath! Not getting techie o long haul flights will be great!
    Stealth vaping is the way to go.
    Take a sneaky inhale and hold your breath for a few seconds, the vapour dissipates quickly. Its not allowed on most flights, but I'm a nervous flyer (wasn't at all when I was younger) and the quick hit really helps.

Advertisement