Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vape-iversay Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I passed 2 clean, smoke free years on Jan 9th :)

Not so much as a puff from a stinkie. I do forget to be proud of myself at times, every now and then I remember how knackered my lungs were, that I used to wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air, feeling like my lungs were going to seize up! I remember the disgusting coughs and feeling like I need to lie down after walking to the shops! All of that has gone! Good riddance! And anyone who tries that scare mongering crap about e-cigs on me I remind them of all the improvements I've seen first hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tishball

I don't get the hate that is out there for e cigs, what the hell? the media of course love to have a scare monger story to sell papers, but idiots fall for it. The amount of roll eyes I got when I started vaping, and comments like, " you too? thought you had more sense" " bars are throwing people out for using them" ( not all bars, my dh a publican said he has no problem with them never had) or the worst comment so far, " you are better off smoking". Well I am enjoying not smoking thanks very much, and when I finally get into the new istick I bought, ( damn thing seems not to be charging) I am sure I will enjoy it even more, I have at the moment one of those nicofresh ones that are constantly out of charge on me.

I just laugh the silly comments off now, and say something like "Sure I'll go back smoking then? oh wait, you nagged me more when I was!" and they shut up. The type of moaner who goes on about e-cigs and believes all the scare-monger stories,is the type who will f'ing moan about anything! And probably reads the Sun :D

The iStick holds charge for ages. My partner has the 20w and she gets over a day from a full charge, I just got the 50w, been hogging it 2 days now and it's only had the odd refresh hooked up to the laptop, while I continued to use it, and it's still full!

It is supposed to flash while charging? but it stopped after about two min, and nothing since, I know it takes over two hours to first charge, but I'm dying to try it..... :lol: I am a gadget freak, so Its like a new toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Tishball wrote: »
    It is supposed to flash while charging? but it stopped after about two min, and nothing since, I know it takes over two hours to first charge, but I'm dying to try it..... :lol: I am a gadget freak, so Its like a new toy.

isticks are fully charged from factory. should be good to go... hit that button 5 times to turn on :-)

• Advertisement

oooooh thanks a million, I would be all night waiting, lol

Yeah mine was ready to go out of the box! which was nice :) You can vape away while it's charging too.

ah lads! this thing is great, it's like getting out of an old micra and into a new merc! delighted with it, the old things I was using were like sucking smoke through a straw. I got wingnuts juice with the estick a sample, it's much smoother than the nicofresh stuff I was useing too, it's a bit sweet as cookies and creme but ill go online and get some other flavours, is the as I haven't a vape shop,( out from the one that only sells the crappy stuff) I don't know what brands of juice are good quality ie that are smooth wingnuts is the only name I have tried, so many out there it's insane, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Here is a video on how to use your istick 50,most of us are always watching these reviews & a lot of us are not,I would never buy anything until I have seen at least 3 different reviews,I have subscribed to nearly 90 excellent reviewers on Youtube,they all have their own ways of reviewing a product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EOTuVOZbZw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

ah lads! this thing is great, it's like getting out of an old micra and into a new merc! delighted with it, the old things I was using were like sucking smoke through a straw. I got wingnuts juice with the estick a sample, it's much smoother than the nicofresh stuff I was useing too, it's a bit sweet as cookies and creme but ill go online and get some other flavours, is the as I haven't a vape shop,( out from the one that only sells the crappy stuff) I don't know what brands of juice are good quality ie that are smooth wingnuts is the only name I have tried, so many out there it's insane, lol.

Thats a good setup you have there,your next step will be to get some good quality liquid that you enjoy. That can take time as there is so much available and each persons favourite is really a personal thing.
    My favourite at the moment is the range of LIQUA liquids,they're smooth and good flavours. I prefer tobacco flavours so their RY4 and Turkish is very good.
    You can check these and others out at www.thebestshop.eu
    If you order over €20 (I think) you can use a voucher available on this site for a 10% discount.
    HALO also do a very good range of liquids but are a little more expensive.:(
    You could also check out these sites
    www.ecirette.ie
    www.e-smokeireland.eu
    www.purplebox.ie
    Best of luck and stay away from those ciggies;)

• Advertisement

Here is a video on how to use your istick 50,most of us are always watching these reviews & a lot of us are not,I would never buy anything until I have seen at least 3 different reviews,I have subscribed to nearly 90 excellent reviewers on Youtube,they all have their own ways of reviewing a product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EOTuVOZbZw

Yup, PB is one of the biggest vape-tubers. His vids are long, but always very helpful. I watched about a dozen vids/reviews on the iStick 50w before buying, I was itching, and ready to just go get it, but calmed down, lol, made a cuppa, and sat down to do some research first. The end result was the same, grabbed my coat right after watching a bunch of positive reviews, in fact, could not find one negative! but I was more satisfied spending the money after it :) They can be helpful both ways. if I see more than couple bad reviews on a product, then I'm not taking a chance.

I would suggest also igetcha69 - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6HLBmd3bwKWmVjq_JEuSuA

for the clinical breakdown, no fuss surrounding, just straight onto the product for review

Also good - The vapor chronicles: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDu3tGNsiTZ5aYL4VRMCWTQ

And you'll find others just from searching about that you'll like :)

well I am happy out today, this quitting smoking would have been done years ago if I had an ecig. I had a dream last night that I was out and with friends away from my husband and I smoked two real cigs, and then thought what am I doing this for and threw them away....... I was told there would be dreams of smoking but in the past I would always want to smoke after wards. I have no desire or want for a ciggy now. Thanks for all the info, I am a researcher too, ( usually when I should be working). I hope this thread is helpful those on the fence thinking of quitting and afraid to try e cigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Celebrated two years off the fags last month (and my wife is a year).

Quite settled on my VaporShark/Kayfun combo using either Greedy Monkey or Seville Marmalade juice. That said I have just taken delivery of a Delta II tank with RBA head.

As a reward for two years I treated myself to a new car just last week. Ah that new car smell untainted by cigarettes is a joy.

Good luck to all newer vapers!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭london.irish

I am so looking forward to getting hold of the 50 watt, I am a newbie, only 8 weeks down so far, currently using a Nautilus Mini on an ego-C twist! bizarre!!

I am also discovering the wonderful world of Juices, went off the obligatory tobacco flavours almost in the first week, the Liqua Bright Tobacco was decent enough though. Best I have found so far is the T-Juice Red Astaire and the T-Juice Black "n" Blue, this is currently my ADV, both purchased from e-smokeireland, top service.

Also getting some juices from Zamplebox, really good stuff, random flavours, but top brands, price works out reasonable enough and I get juices that I would never buy otherwise, it's definitely opening up my palate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

5 years since Jan 5th and I have have the proof :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

2 weeks today. Really proud of myself because I was a complete chain smoker. Have to say I'm not even tempted to have a cigarette. Even in college I'm quite happy to vape while others around me smoke.
    feeling so much better too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

One year! thankfully no going back now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WarmT

Gave up the smokes a week ago for the first time in, it must be at least 30 years!
    Just had enough of it and the cost is just prohibitively expensive to keep up the habit too.

Went for a nautilus mini with an eleaf mini istick battery (10w) and some menthol liquid.

Don't think I could have gotten even this far without the vaping.

Reading this forum here and a bit on reddit helped me make the decision too so thank you all :)

Ordered a second nautilus mini last night and a few different flavour liquids, dekang and diablo stuff mostly, just to try out stuff other than menthol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Some of the diablo liquids are very nice!

Well done on being a week off them! If you can last a week, you can last for life :D

I'd recommend getting a 30w istick too, though. The battery on the mini is only 1050 mAh, which isn't very strong. 30w is 2200mAh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WarmT

Some of the diablo liquids are very nice!

Well done on being a week off them! If you can last a week, you can last for life :D

I'd recommend getting a 30w istick too, though. The battery on the mini is only 1050 mAh, which isn't very strong. 30w is 2200mAh :)

Cheers. I've no desire to go back on the smokes either which was a surprise to me after smoking for so many years.

Yeah was looking at the 30w but am happy enough for the moment, it's my next purchase maybe :)

Currently running the mini istick at 4.2v which with the 1.8ohm thingy inside calculates at 9.8w - I think anyway.
    It seems a little harsh on my throat even at that wattage but could be the liquid (Liqua Menthol 18mg Nic).
    Kills me to do straight to lung hits, even when I go down in watts so I'm still mouth to lung as I was with the smoking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Keep it up, it gets easier and easier and it a much nicer habit

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hammerman

3 years and a 1 week today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

4 years 3 days since i started vapeing :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I've actually (sadly) lost count,its either 3 or 4 years and I cant recall which.Needless to say the thoughts of a smoke makes me sick at this stage.

Off smokes-check

Off nic- nearly

Healthier-check

Room full of offcut cotton and wire-check

Everything smelling of vanilla-check

Afraid to touch eyes-check

Pools of juice on surfaces-check

Clearomisers from 3 years ago still lying around full of juice-check

Countless cartos in a lunchbox from the carto stage-check

4 broken vamos-check

Unused e-roll-check

Ego chargers everywhere-check

Bag of parts-check

Endless drippers built perfectly and never used-check

Monetary savings-hahahahahahaha *cry*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Made it to 1 year off them smelly fookers at the weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I'm 7 days smoke free today! Can't believe how easy it's been with the vaping. Had a bit of a sore throat from all the lung-butter being coughed up, but getting better now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I've actually (sadly) lost count,its either 3 or 4 years and I cant recall which.Needless to say the thoughts of a smoke makes me sick at this stage.

Off smokes-check
    Off nic- nearly
    Healthier-check
    Room full of offcut cotton and wire-check
    Everything smelling of vanilla-check
    Afraid to touch eyes-check
    Pools of juice on surfaces-check
    Clearomisers from 3 years ago still lying around full of juice-check
    Countless cartos in a lunchbox from the carto stage-check
    4 broken vamos-check
    Unused e-roll-check
    Ego chargers everywhere-check
    Bag of parts-check
    Endless drippers built perfectly and never used-check
    Monetary savings-hahahahahahaha *cry*
    :D Yup, more or less my situation too.
    Sold off about 8 mods and 10 atomisers and yet I still have about 10 complete devices that I could feasably set up.
    However, still saving money overall!

5 months off smokes today.

One week off nicotine today. :D cant believe I've managed to get to 0 nic, never thought I'd do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

5 months off smokes today.

One week off nicotine today. :D cant believe I've managed to get to 0 nic, never thought I'd do that :)

Well done,are you sub ohming with the zero nic.

• Advertisement

Well done,are you sub ohming with the zero nic.

Nope. I was intending to go from 6mg to 3 once I got a sub-ohm kit, but woke up one morning and decided that instead of buying a new kit, I'd just see if I could cope with 0 nicotine in my istick/nautilus combination. Somehow, I've coped fine :)

Advertisement