Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vape-iversay Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Nope. I was intending to go from 6mg to 3 once I got a sub-ohm kit, but woke up one morning and decided that instead of buying a new kit, I'd just see if I could cope with 0 nicotine in my istick/nautilus combination. Somehow, I've coped fine :)

Maybe a lot of us could go to zero nic then,the only answer I can give about not craving for nic is that you are still performing the actions of vaping,just a matter of keeping your hands busy,worth thinking about,for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Maybe a lot of us could go to zero nic then,the only answer I can give about not craving for nic is that you are still performing the actions of vaping,just a matter of keeping your hands busy,worth thinking about,for me anyway.

Yep, that's what it is for me. The action of using it is what I need now, not the nicotine. that said, I'm intending to stop using it completely.

Yep, that's what it is for me. The action of using it is what I need now, not the nicotine. that said, I'm intending to stop using it completely.

You have picked a good time to think about packing it all up,the way things are going at the moment with heavy taxes & restrictions on our vaping,good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mr. TTime

One year today! Must say that was easier and more enjoyable than I ever thought possible having been a heavyish smoker for most of the last 18 years.

This forum has been a huge help and I look forward to dropping in on a regular basis. Thanks all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

My fist of two annual anniversaries, started vaping one year ago today. Kept smoking for a few weeks after that but then stopped smoking completely .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Six months :D still off the nicotine too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

2 years yesterday, thanks for all the advice and support from fellow boardsies.

Now to treat myself to something shiny:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can someone tell me a good online store , i need to pack in the fags and want to try the e cigs with the liquid (i havent a clue about them as you can probably tell) any advice on what i should get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me a good online store , i need to pack in the fags and want to try the e cigs with the liquid (i havent a clue about them as you can probably tell) any advice on what i should get

started with something like this 2 years ago and never looked back
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/electronic-cigarette-kits-c-53/455-aspire-twist-starter-p-455.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Sixty quid is a but mad for 2 egos and 2 aspire maxis. You could get an iStick 30w and the same aspires for that price.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/istick30.htm

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/maxibdc.htm

Much better: USB charging and longer battery life than the 2 ego batteries combined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Easily the best value set up out there at the moment is this.....

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/578-eleaf-istick-full-kit-with-gs-air-clearomizer.html

Under €45 with the 10% off code for here.... (not sure of it myself, im sure someone else will quote it for you).

Trond wrote: »
    Easily the best value set up out there at the moment is this.....

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/578-eleaf-istick-full-kit-with-gs-air-clearomizer.html

Under €45 with the 10% off code for here.... (not sure of it myself, im sure someone else will quote it for you).

IRISHVAPE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Just ordered that exact set up, it's currently on the way, I hope to have the same success staying off the cigs as others here, well done guys!

Thanks for your help folks but can i just ask what is the difference between the long thin liquid ones and the ones with the big square thing on the end??

Thanks for your help folks but can i just ask what is the difference between the long thin liquid ones and the ones with the big square thing on the end??

They are both just different types of batteries with to which you attach your tank.

The box shaped one being the superior of the two mentioned previously.

Trond wrote: »
    They are both just different types of batteries with to which you attach your tank.

The box shaped one being the superior of the two mentioned previously.

Ok thanks,is it just that the battery lasts longer? I see in alot of starter packs they have 2 of everything why is this is it because they dont last very long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Ok thanks,is it just that the battery lasts longer? I see in alot of starter packs they have 2 of everything why is this is it because they dont last very long?

Its because the older batteries were much smaller, the iStick will easily last you all day (if not 2 days) and charges with micro USB.

Ego twists were 650 to 900 mah
    iStick is 2200mah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

A year you say ? a full 12 months without smoking ? ..............yeah , no bother .

Roll on year 2 .

jonski wrote: »
    A year you say ? a full 12 months without smoking ? ..............yeah , no bother .

Roll on year 2 .

Well done,something to be proud of,I still can't believe that I stopped the stinkies,it was the most important thing in my life at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Passed the 1 1/2 year mark in May, can't believe the amount of money saved, I was on 30-40 a day so it is well over 8k even with several mods and tanks bought

• Advertisement

It's amazing how much we used to spend on those things,I was lucky when I stopped in 2009,the price of them were just going up n up,just like the bluddy petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I think I'll be 3 years in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Didihno wrote: »
    I think I'll be 3 years in August.

Must be great to have reached the stage where you can't even remember the actual date you stopped t'other habit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Must be great to have reached the stage where you can't even remember the actual date you stopped t'other habit !
    Yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭basamin

2 years today !!!!!!!!

I remember when i started i was using ego style batteries and and ce4 type clearos.

Now i have an istick , kayfun and make my own juice

basamin wrote: »
    2 years today !!!!!!!!

I remember when i started i was using ego style batteries and and ce4 type clearos.

Now i have an istick , kayfun and make my own juice

You have reached the final level......your last challenge awaits :D

One week of solid vaping, not a huge milestone, but for me to not have the odd cig or even think about them is amazing! Loving the iStick/nautilus mini combo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

nkav86 wrote: »
    One week of solid vaping, not a huge milestone, but for me to not have the odd cig or even think about them is amazing! Loving the iStick/nautilus mini combo!

well done, you'll be counting the months soon enough :D

JH_raheny wrote:
    well done, you'll be counting the months soon enough

Thanks a lot, I'm really enjoying it this time it's amazing what a good kit can do, these forums are a great help and support so thank you all also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I was vaping away happily from September to April but then got some weed and got some tobacco to go with the weed. It was a slippery slope from there and i've been doing 50/50 vape/smoke since sadly.

Intend to give up manky tobacco again soon.

Might need some new hardware to get going.

Advertisement