Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vape-iversay Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Least you're intending to give up again, new hardware will probably give you the boost to stay off them alright, nothing like a new toy!

Also don't beat yourself up about slipping back it happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Hey Mysterio - Vape that weed, it's the only way to a life without combustion!

Get a dry herb vaporizer such as the Solo and enjoy the true taste of your herb (ditch the compressed brown muck too or use a pipe but then your back to combusting).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

8mm wrote: »
    Hey Mysterio - Vape that weed, it's the only way to a life without combustion!

Get a dry herb vaporizer such as the Solo and enjoy the true taste of your herb (ditch the compressed brown muck too or use a pipe but then your back to combusting).

The 2nd gen Solo is fantastic. Available on amazon as well. Its a great investment and pays for itself in no time in my experience....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Whats interesting is there is literally 0 joy in smokes anymore (with coffee, pints, whatever). Vaping is so much better.

Will have to look at a dry herb atomiser I guess, though the switch from doobs to DHA might be just as complicated as from smokes to vape! I find I get way more blitzed! When I was younger I used to chain smoke after a doob till my high came down.

J Mysterio wrote:
    Whats interesting is there is literally 0 joy in smokes anymore (with coffee, pints, whatever). Vaping is so much better.

I've realised that too, thinking about those smokes I've had and wondering what I enjoyed, I know I've always hated the smell it left on everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

J Mysterio wrote: »

Will have to look at a dry herb atomiser I guess, though the switch from doobs to DHA might be just as complicated as from smokes to vape! I find I get way more blitzed! When I was younger I used to chain smoke after a doob till my high came down.

If you don't want to commit to the Solo pricewise the Magic Flight Box works a charm as well. It takes a bit of getting used to but is very well made and pricewise it cant be beaten. Its also on amazon....

2 weeks down, yes!, and have no interest in a smoke actually finding the smell really unpleasant had to stand away from a smoker the other day, I'm enjoying vaping more than I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

nkav86 wrote: »
    2 weeks down, yes!, and have no interest in a smoke actually finding the smell really unpleasant had to stand away from a smoker the other day, I'm enjoying vaping more than I thought

It's amazing how well vaping works compared to gums, patches and all the other crap alternatives.

JH_raheny wrote:
    It's amazing how well vaping works compared to gums, patches and all the other crap alternatives.

Absolutely, it's like I didn't try to quit smoking I just chose vaping, probably not making sense but it does in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

JH_raheny wrote: »
    It's amazing how well vaping works compared to gums, patches and all the other cr@p alternatives.
    Which is why big pharma and big tobacco are doing everything in their considerable power to ruin vaping.

Never before has such a completely viable alternative to their overpriced garbage been available. These morally defunct companies are using their morally defunct political purchases to outright ban or more likely mold vaping into something they can turn into their own business.
    They know you see, they know it as plain as day and it terrifies them.
    Vaping is going to kill their business stone dead and destroy their profits.
    If the worlds governments actually embraced vaping instead of taking bribes they would wipe out smoking and the need for big pharma placebos and in turn cut smoking illnesses by a dramatic amount.
    We are truly on the cusp of a paradigm shifting event here folks, if Vaping survives these attacks it will take hold the world over.
    In 50 years people will look back on this period and think, boy those people used to inhale tobacco smoke? Were they fking insane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Two years tobacco free ðŸ˜.
    Thanks again Sabrina (& Paul)
    - for the great advice over the years
    - for taking the time to ring someone you didn't know, to talk them through all the options, rather than just replying to an email
    - for delaying the start of your weekend away so that I could drop in to pick up my first kit (before I could change my mind)
    - for introducing me to Puros & Guevara.
    And then
    - for showing me that there's a lot more to vaping than chasing a "tobacco hit"
    (Wingnuts, Game of Clouds, Dubliner - so many choices).
    And finally
    - for giving me shinyitis - it's even more addictive than nicotine !!

I've been very fortunate during my two years to have dealt with a lot of the very knowledgeable and helpful people who run / staff some of the great Vape shops throughout Ireland. We really are spoilt.
    I'm not going to try and list them all for fear of leaving someone out, but I hope you know who you are. Please accept my thanks.

Finally, to everyone who contributes to this forum and the Irish Facebook groups, thanks for all the advice and support. The knowledge shared here willingly, without any bickering or judgements is phenomenal.
    Oh and thanks to the good Dr for single-handedly keeping the second hand MOD market in Ireland alive and kicking :-)

Stay healthy
    Dec - a.k.a Shino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Congrats Shin, here's to the next 2.

jno547 wrote: »
    Congrats Shin, here's to the next 2.

Are the hat and the sunglasses because you were thinking of coming back incognito ? :-)

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Are the hat and the sunglasses because you were thinking of coming back incognito ? :-)

Yes but it doesn't just look or feel right yet,methinks a sale is needed :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Good stuff, just passed 3 years myself on Jan 9th :) Not touched one cig since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

jno547 wrote:
    Yes but it doesn't just look or feel right yet,methinks a sale is needed

Not just needed, compulsory!

Ionised wrote: »
    Not just needed, compulsory!

:D:D:D

I'll be 3 years vaping in June and I don't know whether it's old age or what but I've become very attached to what I'm using these days,been mixing the same combinations of juice since last August and still enjoying them,is it time to start worrying or is this just a phase :eek::confused: or maybe it's just taken 3 years to find a setup that I like. :rolleyes:

EDIT I should also say that without this forum in particular and a couple of Facebook groups that I was a member off over the years it wouldn't have been maybe possible or certainly not as enjoyable to remain off the smokes,so take a bow 'boardsies'

jno547 wrote: »
    I'll be 3 years vaping in June and I don't know whether it's old age or what but I've become very attached to what I'm using these days,been mixing the same combinations of juice since last August and still enjoying them,is it time to start worrying or is this just a phase :eek::confused: or maybe it's just taken 3 years to find a setup that I like. :rolleyes:

EDIT I should also say that without this forum in particular and a couple of Facebook groups that I was a member off over the years it wouldn't have been maybe possible or certainly not as enjoyable to remain off the smokes,so take a bow 'boardsies'

Similar story to mine. When I started I was all over the place, one minute I'd be sucking on a cig-a-like, the next fiddling with those old crappy Eco-C attys trying to inject juice into them :D - Without forums like this one, UKV and some others as well as youtube and more recently all the FB vape groups, I'd have been a bit lost along the way. I have definitely grown as a vaper. But it can get samey, and you do tend to get fussy and stick to your old usuals. There' only really about 4 juices I would re-buy after 3 years. I'm about to enter the DIY juice side and I'm excited again though :)

Similar story to mine. When I started I was all over the place, one minute I'd be sucking on a cig-a-like, the next fiddling with those old crappy Eco-C attys trying to inject juice into them :D - Without forums like this one, UKV and some others as well as youtube and more recently all the FB vape groups, I'd have been a bit lost along the way. I have definitely grown as a vaper. But it can get samey, and you do tend to get fussy and stick to your old usuals. There' only really about 4 juices I would re-buy after 3 years. I'm about to enter the DIY juice side and I'm excited again though :)

I hear and can relate exactly to that,diy opens up a whole new experience in vaping and can be very rewarding. It certainly is the way to go if you use any of the newer tanks that are available nowadays as they seem to devour juice at a phenomenal rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

3 months fully off the smokes!!!

I had given up cold turkey before, and there was no way I was going to put myself through that again. I had been vaping and smoking for a few weeks before I stopped entirely with Greensmokes and the eLite Curv on and off for a while, but they were really only used in the car. My local shop stopped stocking them, and I was faced with a decision - stop vaping altogether or go for something proper. I made the right choice.

It has been a serious learning curve - from the first tentative steps, stopping smoking altogether, to developing an understanding I actually want out of mod and tank, to getting into mixing (I want control over what I vape), but it has been great and I feel so much better as a result. It is daunting for new people - there are so many options and variables to take into consideration. Now, even though I'm not an old hand, I feel able to offer some advice to people to help them.

Thank you all so much for the help along the way.

j26m wrote: »
    3 months fully off the smokes!!!

I had given up cold turkey before, and there was no way I was going to put myself through that again. I had been vaping and smoking for a few weeks before I stopped entirely with Greensmokes and the eLite Curv on and off for a while, but they were really only used in the car. My local shop stopped stocking them, and I was faced with a decision - stop vaping altogether or go for something proper. I made the right choice.

It has been a serious learning curve - from the first tentative steps, stopping smoking altogether, to developing an understanding I actually want out of mod and tank, to getting into mixing (I want control over what I vape), but it has been great and I feel so much better as a result. It is daunting for new people - there are so many options and variables to take into consideration. Now, even though I'm not an old hand, I feel able to offer some advice to people to help them.

Thank you all so much for the help along the way.

And thank you too. I've been here for 2 1/2 years now and I've already picked up / benefitted from your contributions as well.
    Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Passed the 5 year mark recently,i remember when vapeing on boards was just a signal thread LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Passed the 5 year mark recently,i remember when vapeing on boards was just a signal thread LOL

ah that's fantastic, well done indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

As of four hours ago, I'm exactly one year off the smokes today. Never thought it would happen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

18 months off smokes today. :)

Congrats u 2.
    Stay healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

3 years off cigs and very pleased, although it is probably costing me more now than when I smoked.

Damn shiny mods and tanks. :)

Well done all, they may be trying to drive is back down stinky-lane, but stay strong and vape on!! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement