Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Provos new dirty war on 600k households

• 22-02-2015 5:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26

Here's the article; Have a read , i was throughly shocked and disgusted. :(

(I tried,and i cannot post the url as im a new user,but google the irish indpendant,and IRA provos dirty war on 600,000 households).

These provos that stole money from a northern irish bank are at it again,polluting our waters too.

I think its high time we kicked these people out to touch and their rabid ideologies with them,they want anarchy destruction and everything thier own way all the time,they want all of the glory and none of the blame(and thier part in the troubles also).

Being patriotic does not mean support of the IRA,i know some people glamourize these old times,but having relatives that have lived through them and having protestant friends shot,it is not a nice thing to have gone through,and having protestant friends as a catholic could have gotten you killed.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 jacintaobrien

From the independant.ie; ''Shocking video show poisonous slurry seeping into border reservoir''

''Four 1,000- litre cubes of deadly poison were dumped overnight last Tuesday into a drain that feeds directly into Lough Ross, which supplies all the drinking water to Dundalk in Co Louth and to the Provos' own heartland of Crossmaglen in south Armagh.

The launderers showed their complete contempt for human life by leaving the lids off two of the upturned containers, allowing the toxic sludge to flow into the drain at a point about just 100 metres from the shores of the reservoir.

The toxic waste contains polycyclic aromatic hyrdrocarbons (PAHs), which are particularly harmful to unborn babies as they are unable to process the poisons. Tests have linked the same poisons to foetal abnormalities and under-development in children.

In adults, the same neurotoxic poisons are linked to cancers and serious cognitive disorders.

Volunteer firemen from Co Monaghan had to don bio-hazard suits, of the same type used by medics dealing with the Ebola virus in Africa, because of the threat to their health from the sludge, the by-product of using sulphuric acid and other unknown chemicals to 'wash' the green or red dye out of agricultural and domestic heating oil.''

Any anarchists that give the IRA support are just as bad if not worse..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Evidence of who exactly did it seems slim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 jacintaobrien

So you support them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

Evidence of who exactly did it seems slim.
    The Gardaí seem to have a pretty good idea of who it is though. Just because you can't prove something in court (oddly, witnesses don't like testifying against the Provos for some reason) doesn't mean they don't know who is behind it.

So you support them??

No. Not into a United ireland. No time for Provos. People involved should be locked up.

This is just the independent, one of the vilest rags in Christendom, being polic, judge and jury. Of course the provos can't sue because they are illegal anyway.

The Provos might well be involved. Or it could be random farmers. God knows this doctoring of diesel is commonplace in the border regions.

• Advertisement

The Gardaí seem to have a pretty good idea of who it is though. Just because you can't prove something in court (oddly, witnesses don't like testifying against the Provos for some reason) doesn't mean they don't know who is behind it.

All I saw was a video of a clean up. The perpetrators could be anybody from Provos, to local gangs, to continuity it's (et Al), or random farmers. Our farming community has been known to transgress on environmental factors before.

Totally amateur hour video too.

All I saw was a video of a clean up. The perpetrators could be anybody from Provos to random farmers. Our farming community has been known to transgress on environmental factors before.
    The Gardaí have stated very clearly, on many occasions, for a very long time, that the Provos are behind fuel laundering.

I don't know, maybe they are making it up for a laugh.

The Gardaí have stated very clearly, on many occasions, for a very long time, that the Provos are behind fuel laundering.

That's nice. However the police are also not judge and jury. There have been plenty of farmers unconnected to the Provos laundering fuel.

This particular video proved nothing about the perpetrators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

The provos ceased to exist almost a decade ago. The red under the bed is dead

• Advertisement

This particular video proved nothing about the perpetrators.
    Nope, the video proves nothing. And the Provos have not been convicted of fuel laundering - as I said, witnesses are very reluctant to testify against them.

But the Gardaí, whose job it is to know these things, say that it is the Provos who are behind it. That video is a red herring.

The provos ceased to exist almost a decade ago. The red under the bed is dead
    Who was it said, "they haven't gone away, you know?"

The only answer to this nonsense is to scrap the dyes and charge everybody the same for diesel.

Let the farmers whine.

The only answer to this nonsense is to scrap the dyes and charge everybody the same for diesel.

Let the farmers whine.
    Agreed. Similarly, road tax should be incorporated in the price of petrol at the pump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Adams said it in 1995 before the GFA, decommissioning, power sharing and police reforms.

Hardly a relevant statement 20 years later.

Adams said it in 1995 before the GFA, decommissioning, power sharing and police reforms.

Hardly a relevant statement 20 years later.
    I suppose they were already well on the way to being mere criminal gangs long before then. Slab Murphy and his lot - real patriots. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The only answer to this nonsense is to scrap the dyes ...
    As far as I know they've done this already both sides of the border and replaced them with special molecular level markers that are supposedly impossible to remove.

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/local-news/revenue-reveal-new-weapon-in-war-against-fuel-smugglers-revealed-1-5887097

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1119/660631-fuel-laundering/

The sludge still being dumped is probably therefore from 'old stock'.

There have been suggestions that those responsible for diesel laundering have changed to the now common 'petrol stretching' instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Why not do away with agri-diesel and let farmers claim back the difference at the end of the year in tax returns?

Would that put a stop to it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Here's the article; Have a read , i was throughly shocked and disgusted. :(

(I tried,and i cannot post the url as im a new user,but google the irish indpendant,and IRA provos dirty war on 600,000 households).

These provos that stole money from a northern irish bank are at it again,polluting our waters too.

I think its high time we kicked these people out to touch and their rabid ideologies with them,they want anarchy destruction and everything thier own way all the time,they want all of the glory and none of the blame(and thier part in the troubles also).

Being patriotic does not mean support of the IRA,i know some people glamourize these old times,but having relatives that have lived through them and having protestant friends shot,it is not a nice thing to have gone through,and having protestant friends as a catholic could have gotten you killed.

There's your problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

The Provos called a ceasefire 21 years ago, their young Oglachs would have been maybe 21 -23 at the time that would mean their 42-44 now. The older would ones would be in late 50 - mid 60's. I doubt a bunch of old men did this. How many old IRA men were still active & fighting during the border campaign.

• Advertisement

The Provos called a ceasefire 21 years ago, their young Oglachs would have been maybe 21 -23 at the time that would mean their 42-44 now. The older would ones would be in late 50 - mid 60's. I doubt a bunch of old men did this. How many old IRA men were still active & fighting during the border campaign.
    I think it's pretty well established that Slab Murphy and his faction are heavily involved in this. Fundraising for the cause (where they skimmed a bit for themselves) has become fundraising for themselves, with the threat of murder for anyone who stands against them in the community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

jaysus, some people will believe anything. Theres a letter from an garda siochana refuting this very set of claims.

"Pádraig Mac Lochlainn TD said:

“The letter from the Garda Commissioner contradicts the claims of the small number of journalists who have pedaled bogus accusations about republicans. It is a clear rejection of other allegations, including the disgraceful claim that republicans were poisoning the water system for Dundalk.”"

i dont know which is worse - the people who peddle such crap, or those who believe it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Have you been following the Sophie Tuscan de Plantiet case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Why not do away with agri-diesel and let farmers claim back the difference at the end of the year in tax returns?
    If that were implemented, every farmer in the country would be filling the jeep, his wife's and sons' cars, and maybe even his neighbours' car with the farmyard tank.

Claims of tractor ownership would sky-rocket.

If you don't mark the fuel, it will be abused.

maccored wrote: »
    jaysus, some people will believe anything. Theres a letter from an garda siochana refuting this very set of claims.
    Which claims? Any chance of a link?

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/33479

i'd upload the jpeg of the letter if the fecken attachments thing would work

11002610_944869568870859_3260182813098491367_n.jpg?oh=26b07fe32f8b1840fb65068a42855375&oe=55514DD8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joe912

and yet despite the size these laundering plants would have to be to make any serious money. the gardai fail to make any impact, so either they are taking a cut or they are completely useless.
    the government are the real criminals here supplying the farmers with cheap diesel while shafting the rest of us with heavily taxed fuel. are the government afraid of the farmers or is it that half of the f,g t.d's are farmers
    the ifa have been far bigger gangsters than the ira and they continue to hold the country to ransom.

• Advertisement

joe912 wrote: »
    and yet despite the size these laundering plants would have to be to make any serious money. the gardai fail to make any impact, so either they are taking a cut or they are completely useless.
    the government are the real criminals here supplying the farmers with cheap diesel while shafting the rest of us with heavily taxed fuel. are the government afraid of the farmers or is it that half of the f,g t.d's are farmers
    How long have FG been in government for the last 50 years? :confused:
    joe912 wrote: »
    the ifa have been far bigger gangsters than the ira and they continue to hold the country to ransom.
    When you think of the thousands of people killed by the IFA, you have to agree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

That comment was from a decade previous to the disbandment of the Provos. If you look at the political landscape in 1995 it is easy to ascertain why he said it. They were on ceasefire, not disbanded and still in possession of all armaments. They were meeting serious obstacles to a permanent ceasefire and peace talks. A decade on from that the provos ceased to exist. A decade on again and people still claim that they do.

So you support them??

that was some jump. you get a gold star for vivid imagination and jumping to conclusions, all the qualifications for a indo journalist.

maccored wrote: »
    http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/33479

i'd upload the jpeg of the letter if the fecken attachments thing would work

11002610_944869568870859_3260182813098491367_n.jpg?oh=26b07fe32f8b1840fb65068a42855375&oe=55514DD8

So the fine Gael mouthpiece has been found LYING again.

What an embarassement to journalism this rag and its reporters are!

If it wasn't for the gullible blue shirts buying it, it may just be put out of its misery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

So the fine Gael mouthpiece has been found LYING again.

What an embarassement to journalism this rag and its reporters are!

If it wasn't for the gullible blue shirts buying it, it may just be put out of its misery!

Hmmm I would have always consider the IGN as more aligned with Fianna Fail myself. Sure isn't their political editor married to a FF Senator.

gandalf wrote: »
    Hmmm I would have always consider the IGN as more aligned with Fianna Fail myself. Sure isn't their political editor married to a FF Senator.

And there owner is fine Gaels main financial backer.

Who was found in the Moriarty tribunal to be making illegal payments to fine Gaels michael Lowry.

Its very much a blueshirt paper!

And fionann Sheehan was an activist for fine Gael in he's younger days.

• Advertisement

How long have FG been in government for the last 50 years? :confused:

When you think of the thousands of people killed by the IFA, you have to agree...

your right of course lots of farmers in f.f too.

well the ifa weren't forced to fight for their survival and basic human rights against a oppressive foreign regime. were they fighting the richest dirtiest army and propaganda machine in the world backed and supported by successive irish governments and especially enthusiastically by any f.g governments, of course they were the ones who created this wee sectarian statelet for their unionist buddies.
    if the ifa couldn't and didn't march at the drop of a hat to blackmail and extort money from successive irish governments, maybe we could have had better services particularily health, god knows how many lives could have been saved.

gandalf wrote: »

It represents the Gombeens whomever is in power. If Sinn Fein came to power, stoked up property prices again, and turned a blind eye to creative tax accounting of certain members of society the Indo would love 'em.

Apparantly this wasn't true. The exact opposite was true. The Gardai refuted the claims.

I popped into this thread because of my visceral hatred of the indo, not for any republican tendencies. And because that amateur hour video proved nothing about any perpetrators.

It's worse than I thought. Vile rag.

Apparantly this wasn't true. The exact opposite was true. The Gardai refuted the claims.
    They refuted the claims that Slab Murphy and company - former Provos - are involved in laundering fuel?

Again, any chance of a link?

Didn't take long for the stock blueshirt answer to come out, when you can't think of anything else!
    Blueshirt? If you say so, I guess.

Back on topic - a short history of fuel smuggling from Wikipedia:
    In October 2005, officers of the British Assets Recovery Agency and the Irish Criminal Assets Bureau carried out raids on a number of businesses in Manchester and Dundalk.[8] It was extensively reported in the media that the investigation is aimed at damaging the suspected multi-million pound empire of Murphy, who according to the BBC's Underworld Rich List, has accumulated up to £40 million through smuggling oil, cigarettes, grain and pigs; as well as through silent or partial ownership in legitimate businesses and in property.[9]
    In his first-ever press release, issued on 12 October 2005, Murphy denied he owned any property and denied that he had any links with co-accused Cheshire businessman Dermot Craven (Frank Murphy, Thomas' brother, was a client of Cravens). Thomas Murphy stated:
    I have been a republican all my life and fully support the peace process. I will continue to play whatever role I can, to see it work.
    Furthermore, Murphy claimed that he had to sell property to cover his legal fees after his failed libel case against the Sunday Times and that he made a living from farming. He went on to say:
    There is absolutely no foundation to the allegations about me which have been carried in the media for some time, and repeated at length over the past week, I want to categorically state, for the record, that all of these allegations are totally untrue."[10]
    On 9 March 2006 police, soldiers and customs officials from both sides of the Irish border launched a large dawn raid on his house and several other buildings in the border region. Three persons were arrested by the Gardaí, but were released three days after. A fleet of tankers, computers, documents, two shotguns, over 30,000 cigarettes and the equivalent of 800,000 euros in sterling bank notes, euro bank notes and cheques were seized. Four laundering facilities attached to a major network of storage tanks, some of which were underground, were also found.[11] The Irish Criminal Assets Bureau later obtained seizure orders to take possession of euro cash and cheques and sterling cash and cheques, together worth around one million Euros.[12]
    Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams made a public statement in support of Murphy following the March 2006 raids. Under political and media pressure over allegations of the IRA's continued presence in South Armagh, Adams said:
    Tom Murphy is not a criminal. He's a good republican and I read his statement after the Manchester raids and I believe what he says and also and very importantly he is a key supporter of Sinn Féin's peace strategy and has been for a very long time.[13]
    He also said:
    I want to deal with what is an effort to portray Tom Murphy as a criminal, as a bandit, as a gang boss, as someone who is exploiting the republican struggle for his own ends, as a multimillionaire. There is no evidence to support any of that.[14]
    And also:
    He's a good republican ... Tom Murphy was one of the supporters of this peace process.[15]
    Good man Gerry Adams, wading in behind Murphy there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

AGS having no information or intelligence about something hardly proves it false now does it?

i see it didnt stop you waffling then. I dont know what thread you are reading, but this one has no mention of slab murphy in the OP. it mentions provos poisoning water, which has since been proved to be bollocks. as I say though, you keep going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Let's get this straight:
    2. According to many sources, Slab Murphy (former Provo) and his gang are heavily involved in fuel smuggling.

Fascinating, who are these sources?

AGS having no information or intelligence about something hardly proves it false now does it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

Bambi wrote: »
    Fascinating, who are these sources?
    How about the Criminal Assets Burea? Or the UK's Serious Organised Crime Agency?

How about the Criminal Assets Burea? Or the UK's Serious Organised Crime Agency?

throw up a few samples there my friend, CAB claiming that the bould slab is cooking diesel, and note the tense that you used in your claim.

Bambi wrote: »
    throw up a few samples there my friend, CAB claiming that the bould slab is cooking diesel, and note the tense that you used in your claim.
    Just a helpful point here: SOCA and CAB can only hit people for stuff they did in the PAST.

So the defence of Murphy now is that - even though Gerry Adams backed him to the hilt when he was doing it - he WAS a criminal smuggler, but he's a good boy now?

Just a helpful point here: SOCA and CAB can only hit people for stuff they did in the PAST.

So the defence of Murphy now is that - even though Gerry Adams backed him to the hilt - he WAS a criminal smuggler, but he's a good boy now?

ah ah friendo, no wiggling. You made the claim, be a good chap and back it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Ren2k7

Link?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement