Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name

• 22-02-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I was wondering is it possible to get the Irish version of my name included on my passport, along with the English version? I have the form but I see no option for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

There have been quite a few comments on this before. I think they always said they would look for some kind of bank form or bill to see that you have been using an irish name for a while. using it socially is no good.

I would like to have my Irish name on my passport as well but still have the english version on it. Same with drivers licence, my bank forms are in Irish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Think this through. If you ever go abroad, nobody will pay any heed to "it's my name...just in Irish". If your documents don't all have matching names (except for a middle name, maybe) it can be a real hassle.

Advertisement