Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting kilternan to Stephens green?

Options
  • 22-02-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

By car? How long in rush hour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

By car? How long in rush hour?

Approx 35 minute cycle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

75 mins id say if you want to be at the green @ 9

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bluedragonfly

Thanks! Would it be much quicker if you were to be in earlier say between 8 and 8.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

You could Park and Ride in Sandyford for the Luas. Much more reliable journey time.

Is that about 35mins? Is there lots of parking? How much is it?

I'm thinking less than an hour drive generally if arriving before 8.30?

Could mix it up luas / cycling / driving on different days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Park and Ride at the Carrickmines luas stop also. Parking is plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Aard wrote: »
    You could Park and Ride in Sandyford for the Luas. Much more reliable journey time.
    Is that about 35mins? Is there lots of parking? How much is it?

Luas from Sandyford to St. Stephens Green takes 20 minutes.

Parking is €4 but can (apparently) be reduced by buying monthly tickets. A Luas ticket costs €4.80 return but, again, can be reduced by buying weekly, monthly or annual tickets. If you buy your Luas ticket through your employer, you can pay even less. You can also buy a Luas + Parking ticket and pay less again.

Google maps is telling me 30-35 mins now. Tried at 7.10 and it said 25-30 mins.

N.B. It's 7.45!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Google maps is telling me 30-35 mins now. Tried at 7.10 and it said 25-30 mins.

N.B. It's 7.45!!

That will go up a lot in next half hour r so.

Yep! 31-43 mins on google maps at 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Parking at Carrickmines is cheaper then say Ballally - but the luas fare is more expensive so it is all much of a sameness. I usually tend to park at carrickmines - it was 2 euros for the day (Saturday - might be more on a working day). Ballally is usually 5 euros for the day (I think).

On google maps:
    8.15 32-39 mins
    8.30 36-41 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

On google maps:
    8.15 32-39 mins
    8.30 36-41 mins

Add 20 minutes to any Google maps commute into Dublin time. I've been testing it for past two months and reality differs by an average 20 mins.

Yeah. Thought that sounded quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well as a guideline, the 44 bus is estimated to take the following times:

06:45 from Enniskerry (Kilternan at 06:53) is scheduled to reach Dawson St by 07:40
    07:15 from Enniskerry (Kilternan at 07:22) is scheduled to reach Dawson St by 08:28
    08:15 from Enniskerry (Kilternan at 08:23) is scheduled to reach Dawson St by 09:32

This should give you an idea of journey times!

Advertisement