Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The (Almost) Ultimate PC Engine Bundle

Options
  • 22-02-2015 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

WHAT: PC Engine Bundle
    HOW MUCH: €1350
    SHIPPING: Not Included. Courier or Collection only
    PAYMENT: PayPal, Bank Transfer or Cash On Collection

Foreword.

In terms of gaming, collecting and all that goes with it, this is probably the toughest 'for sale' advert I've ever made. This isn't a full set, all sealed and worth millions. However this set is more than that, in my opinion. The PC Engine has been a console close to my heart for decades. This is a collection that has taken me literally years to put together. I am extremely reluctant to let this go, but for personal reasons it's time. Because of the whole reluctance factor, and the fact I'd like to see this collection go to a proper home, this will only be for sale as a bundle. No splits, no trades, no nothing. It's either all or nothing.

Here is a bit of background on exactly what this bundle comprises and a bit about the condition of the items. I'm not going in to NeoGeo collector levels of OCD describing everything here, but if you do have any questions about specific items etc, please drop me a PM. Due to the fact a baby is due in our family at any day now, you may not receive the promptest of responses, but I promise I will get back to you ASAP so please be patient. Questions about selling items separately, trades, lowballing etc will not receive a response as it's already stated in this post that the collection is for sale as one lot. Thank you.

How Much? and Shipping

For folks who may just want to get to the point first, and then read the rest if they wish to I've added the price of this bundle next. Please note, the price does not include shipping. Naturally with a package of high value, this will not be shipped any other way than by insured, tracked and registered courier. No exceptions. Insurance to the full value of the goods will also be applied. If you want to arrange your own shipping logistics, you are welcome to do so, but only so long as the items are tracked, registered and insured to the full value and proof is provided.

The price I am asking for this collection is €1350 (approx £970 at the current exchange rate). Payable by PayPal, Bank Transfer or cash on collection in person. If paying by PayPal, you are responsible for covering the fees. Please do not send via PayPal gift, because if anything were to go wrong and mediation were needed, PayPal won't give two hoots. Please only send as a normal transaction and make sure to cover the fees so the final figure, post fees, is the agreed sale price. If paying by Bank Transfer, the same rule applies. Please ensure you are covering any transaction fees applied by your bank. Anything other than the aforementioned will be rejected and directly refunded to you.

What's Included?

First up, the console itself. This is a PC Engine Duo R that has been modified by well-known console restorer 'doujindance'. It has had an LED replacement, RGB modification, region switch (plays TurboGrafx and PC Engine HuCards, TurboChip's and relevant CD titles), new CD laser lens installed and an overall thorough clean. It also comes complete with controllers, an RGB SCART cable, power supply and {optional, if you want to supply your own) step-down transformer. This console, when not in use is stored in a container in a cupboard with a few silica gel bags in the tub). It is clean, working 100% and ready to go.

s6DFnRS.jpg

s5Ipf5p.jpg

lZKrBi2.jpg

1MuDqIl.jpg

td8qmzH.jpg

To compliment the console is a Turbo Everdrive, from Krikzz. It comes complete with SD card and is clean and fully working 100%.

ct4GnIC.jpg

An additional Hori Super Commander control pad is included. This is a superb (and my preferred) alternative to the Avenue 6 pad. An excellent controller, clean and fully working.

td8qmzH.jpg

This is the cherry on the cake. The Micomsoft XE-1 Pro HE joystick. The definitive PC Engine arcade stick. This one was purchased as NOS (New Old Stock). It has been opened and used a handful of times (literally). When not in use it has been kept inside it's box and stored in a cupboard. The box itself, when originally purchased, has some slight sunfading to one small part of the side of the box, as you can see in the pictures. Other than the slight box fading, this is basically near-mint condition.

dvND8Gt.jpg

kNEXwY9.jpg

xdrni41.jpg

The Games

Finally, the games. I keep all of my games in storage in boxes made by The Really Useful Box Company. I keep each game in cellophane bags and toss in a couple of packs of silica gel in to the container. All games are tested and working 100%. I have a couple of loose Hu Cards too, these are tested and working too. Any problems with the loose ones, a small cotton bud and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts will do the trick. Just wanted to add that as these particular games are loose. I've 3 loose games, not pictured, that will be included. The step-down transformer is also not pictured. You may wish not to take it as it will add a lot to the shipping cost.

Please find a comprehensive list here of all the games pictured.

O8Vl9rm.jpg

XiZm0XY.jpg

3qZvq1B.jpg

DXB30pH.jpg

dA94hH5.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Just to add, those that know or have met me in real life will know that this particular sale is one that I have certainly not ventured in to lightly. My PC Engine collection means a lot to me. Thank you.

Just to note. Lords of Thunder does come with the promotional VHS tape. I forgot to take a photo of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Mother of christ that is goddam beautiful.

Hope it finds a good home.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Mother of christ that is goddam beautiful.

Hope it finds a good home.

Cheers sir. It's a labour of love that took years to build. I had a lot of Hu Cards but those went when I got the Everdrive. As far as consoles go, the PC Engine will forever be my favourite.

For the record, it's on eBay as well. Looks like it got some more publicity though:

http://www.videogameauctions.com/mega-man-x-dev-board-sonic-generations-press-kit-ultimate-nec-pc-engine-bundle/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah!
    That Micomsoft stick!
    WANT!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Me: '135 for a Duo R? Sold!'

Brain: 'check that price again...'

Me: 'oh...'

If I wasn't going on holidays in the next few weeks I'd be all over this :(

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If I wasn't going on holidays in the next few weeks I'd be all over this :(

Relax. It'll still be here when you get back... :D :pac:

This is now SOLD elsewhere pending payment. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement