Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

haha - we are 26th by hospital, but both a feeling that it will be December before we meet the baby :)

Just hoping that the hospital doctors and staff did not all get U2 tickets and there will be folk in hospital to help us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

haha - we are 26th by hospital, but both a feeling that it will be December before we meet the baby :)

Just hoping that the hospital doctors and staff did not all get U2 tickets and there will be folk in hospital to help us :D

My first had to be dragged out kicking and screaming two weeks overdue, I've a funny feeling it will be 15th-ish before I see any action either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

So many seem to go over, those 10 days over must be so hard, I suppose we may get our head around it and realise we could be sitting waiting! I'm just thinking I'll either have a 4 week old baby at christmas or a 2 week old, better get sorted in October so it's all done.

So many seem to go over, those 10 days over must be so hard, I suppose we may get our head around it and realise we could be sitting waiting! I'm just thinking I'll either have a 4 week old baby at christmas or a 2 week old, better get sorted in October so it's all done.

I was allowed 12 days by hospital. It's absolutely horrid waiting, but hospital tend to give you the booked induction date as soon as you've gone over. If nothing else, you finally know for sure the latest date of arrival and can plan for it! I'm really hoping I go on time or only slightly late though, just to allow me to recover in time for Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

My contractions started on my due date the last time, and he was born 2 days later. I've my fingers crossed for similar this time! I'd like to be nicely over it (and able to sit down comfortably!!!) by Christmas! I better knuckle down to the Xmas shopping soon though, just in case.
    The weeks have whizzed by. I'm waiting another 4, and them I'm getting all the baby stuff out, washed, and ready to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Anyone going to aldi baby event the high chair they have for €35 is brilliant,we have it for our guy when it was out the last time,really great quality,and very similar to one I wanted for €140 in mother care.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Anyone going to aldi baby event the high chair they have for €35 is brilliant,we have it for our guy when it was out the last time,really great quality,and very similar to one I wanted for €140 in mother care.

Great to hear that coopaloop - bought this Thursday and I was worried it might be flimsy! Brilliant value at €35. Might even buy one for my parents house at that price.

All going well with me. Will be 33 weeks on Monday - can't believe it.
    Baby is head down which is seriously impacting my bladder but that's nothing to complain about & hopefully he/she stays there. Had a breastfeeding course today and antenatal class coming up in a few weeks so it's all getting very real now!!
    Can't wait to meet the little person!
    Hope everyone is doing well - not long now peeps!!!

Gmail wrote: »
    Great to hear that coopaloop - bought this Thursday and I was worried it might be flimsy! Brilliant value at €35. Might even buy one for my parents house at that price.

All going well with me. Will be 33 weeks on Monday - can't believe it.
    Baby is head down which is seriously impacting my bladder but that's nothing to complain about & hopefully he/she stays there. Had a breastfeeding course today and antenatal class coming up in a few weeks so it's all getting very real now!!
    Can't wait to meet the little person!
    Hope everyone is doing well - not long now peeps!!!

Honestly the best purchase we made for our son,it has 5 incline positions and it has 3 recline positions,super sturdy and nice and easy to clean,could not recommended this product enough. My friend has the one I originally wanted from mother care and was raging when she seen mine and seen how exactly alike they were. You really won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Sunday afternoon spent in the Coombe yesterday. Mrs Vagga is reus negative, and got a bump on the bump. All is grand, and Mrs V will need to get an injection today just in case and we are sorted. Bump was checked out in terms of movement and heartbeat, and was nice to see all that again.

Also no harm at all seeing the place we will be going to in emergencies and where i think we go when the time comes :)

How is everyone doing? I've been feeling like this baby is going to burst out through my sides, the pressure has been unbelievable!

• Advertisement

How is everyone doing? I've been feeling like this baby is going to burst out through my sides, the pressure has been unbelievable!

Just had my 32 week scan done today, measurements all normal and all the inside bits and pieces seem to be in good working order! She is FINALLY head down - no real bad pressure yet but plenty of running hands and feet along my insides which never fails to freak me out!

Totally agree with no matter how much the baby pushes along my insides it always freaks me out, it's a bit like wow! What is your due date?

Totally agree with no matter how much the baby pushes along my insides it always freaks me out, it's a bit like wow! What is your due date?

30th of November by scans, or 1st of December by my period!
    I know, I assumed I'd be used to it having had a baby already! She ran her toes RIGHT up my belly last night and OH could feel it along his spine. He squealed like a woman and shouted "EWWWW, WTF WAS THAT?" :pac:

I'm 24th of November and at scan 2 weeks ago the baby was lying with head on one side and bottom on the other, not sure what way it is now, it's high up on both sides that I'm wondering is it feet or head and bottom that are causing what feels like a huge bulge quite a few times a day!

I'm 24th of November and at scan 2 weeks ago the baby was lying with head on one side and bottom on the other, not sure what way it is now, it's high up on both sides that I'm wondering is it feet or head and bottom that are causing what feels like a huge bulge quite a few times a day!

Could be a bum, for ages this wee one was lying in an odd L shape with her bum down, her legs out the side and her head upright :pac:

DH poked the baby where you could feel a big lump against my side and it seemed to bounce off my bladder then ha

DH poked the baby where you could feel a big lump against my side and it seemed to bounce off my bladder then ha

You wonder how anyone goes overdue, some of the positions I can only imagine them being in seem downright uncomfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

I'm back next week at 33 weeks for scan, very exciting!

My last scan was at 30 weeks, and baby (we are keeping the gender a surprise :)) was weighing in at 4 pounds, is this slightly bigger than average?! My belly feels like baby wants to jump out!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    You wonder how anyone goes overdue, some of the positions I can only imagine them being in seem downright uncomfortable!

I went 14 days over on my first, all through the last week one of his feet was jammed under my ribs, so fricken uncomfortable. Praying I don't go over on this one, due 25th November.

Made my list for hospital bag, so gonna get that sorted this week and next.

I dread the thought of going over, with all this awkward movement and pressure I'm ready for this baby to come anytime!

Really need to get going on my hospital bag, I've a feeling I'll be packing too much!

• Advertisement

Coopaloop wrote: »
    I went 14 days over on my first, all through the last week one of his feet was jammed under my ribs, so fricken uncomfortable. Praying I don't go over on this one, due 25th November.

Made my list for hospital bag, so gonna get that sorted this week and next.

I'm also very fearful of going over! Physically I feel ready for baby - mentally, work wise & at home very not ready though. I'm 35 wks today.
    Did you go naturally at 40+14 Coopaloop or were you induced - sorry for asking personal info just curious! Sounds like your little man really put you through the mill for his last week as your lodger!

Gmail wrote: »
    I'm also very fearful of going over! Physically I feel ready for baby - mentally, work wise & at home very not ready though. I'm 35 wks today.
    Did you go naturally at 40+14 Coopaloop or were you induced - sorry for asking personal info just curious! Sounds like your little man really put you through the mill for his last week as your lodger!

I was due to be induced that morning, but had my show during nite, so went in to hospital, they checked my cervix and it was good to go so the doc just broke my waters, thank god cos I really didn't want to go through the whole induced process, its seems really long.

Oh he sure did put me through the mill, and it wasn't like he was little, he weighed 9lb 6, he was just so long, from when they broke my waters at 9 in morning, went to delivery suit at 12 as I was 3cm but he didn't make an appearance until 11.10 that night, he just did not want to come out. Totally worth it tho.

Nice to see a bit of chat on here! I'm in the middle of getting my bag ready. Have a couple more bits to buy, but nothing essential! I have a clothes horse of neutral clothes drying beside the fire. I'll be glad to have them dry and ironed and ready to go!
    I'm starting to get nervous about getting this baby out too! I feel I've expanded a lot the last couple of weeks, so I think this one must be a giant!

I think towards the end you feel like they must be way bigger than they actually are, even when they are actually big!
    I must say, I am rather looking forward to not being pregnant again. Putting on my own socks, lying on my stomach, no more restless leg syndrome!

Also looking forward to having full mobility back! Being able to flop into bed in my tummy, cut my toe nails, shave my legs!

It's the sleepless nights that are killing me most right now. Up 5 times for the bathroom between 12 and 6. Wrecked now :(

People say you will miss the kicks once baby is born but at the moment I feel like it will be a relief welcomed! Oh to be able to turn in the bed comfortably again. Does anyone know how long you are kept in hospital?

People say you will miss the kicks once baby is born but at the moment I feel like it will be a relief welcomed! Oh to be able to turn in the bed comfortably again. Does anyone know how long you are kept in hospital?

It really depends on you and baby, I was kept 3 nites cos I had a tear and got a fever, if it's a section it will be 5 notes, then for no complications you could be out the next day.

I was there two nights on my first with a textbook labour and only 5 stitches.

Usually 5 nights for a section- though I've known ppl to be out quicker, if the hosp was stuck for beds.
    I stayed 3 nights with my first, for a normal delivery, and nothing out of the ordinary. I'd say if you have health insurance, and they have space, they'll keep you three nights, it's revenue! Could be quicker otherwise. But tbh, I'd have stayed a week last time if they'd have let me! Sure it's nice to have someone else hoovering and cleaning!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Are you public or private?
    Private you used to be entitled to 3 full nights, not including the night baby was born (so if baby was born at 2am, that night wouldn't count and you would be entitled to 3 full nights on top of that) but I think it recently changed to now they are counting the night that baby was born as one of the 3, that's in my hospital. I would ring the hospital accounts dept before you go in to clarify, don't trust what the midwives on the ward tell you as they might not know

Advertisement