Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking - Saturday Night

Options
  • 22-02-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,

Heading to Kilkenny City on Saturday for a stag. Staying in The Waterfront B'n'B on Rose Inn Street.

Should be in KK around 3pm on the Saturday and heading home on Sunday morning but the B'n'B don't seem to have their own parking, any recommendations on best place to park the car for the evening/night?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Stick it in the library carpark. Put a ticket on it for the afternoon and I'm pretty sure its free Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

I wouldn't park it in the library car park - I've often seen cars damaged/broken into there at night.
    Try the Ormonde Multi-story Car Park, it'd prob be expensive but safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

The ormonde overnight is expensive. I live about 10 miles from Kilkenny and regularly (once a month or so) drive in on a Saturday night and park in New Street (Just up from the Ormonde) and collect the car then Sunday afternoon. Pay the few euro to cover the car til 6 and Sundays are free. Ive never had an issue there. I have parked in the Library on occassion as well (this past Saturday night) but I have heard of cars being damaged there as well so I wouldnt use it regularly. Another option is behind the old Greenwood furniture shop/Billy Byrnes pub. €2 for 24 hours. Again ive used it a few times and never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭galwaylad1980

Thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

The council car park in Friary street is safe and locked up at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I always use the cinema car park or the castle road :)

Advertisement