Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Yaya suspended or injured? If injured is he due back for Sunday?

Really no Yaya no City it looks like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

With Yaya City are Nono :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Toure is still serving his 3 game ban he picked up v Roma so he will be back for Sunday unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Suarez still rubbing the mansfield fans noses in it on his return to england

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

Suspended I'm afraid. Means he will be nice and rested for our game. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Congratulations Luis. That one was for last season .that one was for stevie. Welcome home champ. We love you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Congratulations Luis. That one was for last season .that one was for stevie. Welcome home champ. We love you.

Get a grip, man. You sound like one of those 'Ronnie' fanboys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I heard he did it for hangballlouie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seriously....WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Your doing it wrong. You need a plane and banner to really profess your love for a former player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I heard he did it for hangballlouie.

Everyone does everything for that guy. He is such a prick.

Louis Suarez wears Hangballlouie pajamas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Only there a couple of weeks and hes already on the cover of the matchday programme

https://twitter.com/laticsofficial/status/570285878737645570

Wigan lost again in any case, full 90 again for ojo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

klose wrote: »
    Toure is still serving his 3 game ban he picked up v CSKA so he will be back for Sunday unfortunately

;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Another charity match in the offing, organised by Stevie G in late March apparently. Puts that silly Milan rematch rumour to bed if true.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/02/former-red-confirms-invite-to-steven-gerrard-charity-match/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Let can loose on yaya on sunday, that'll quietn him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Let can loose on yaya on sunday, that'll quietn him

Nice way to cheer up any City fans readin this thread, bringin smiles all round :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Carra calls into talksport while Neville is on.

Good banter between the pair as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think its pretty funny that his own kid is a fullback after he claimed that nobody wants to grow up to be a Gary Neville. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Once Man U, Arsenal, City and Chelsea have passed up on these "great" players we can try and sign them. Hoping of course that any of the other clubs with guaranteed Champs league and higher wages structures around Europe dont want them that year.

Qualify for the Champs league = great = great players.

UEFA Cup = good = good players.

Eh, we qualified for the Champions League and we chose to go out and spend ~£70m on the talents of Ricky Lambert, Dejan Lovren, Adam Lallana and Lazar Markovic. That's on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

klose wrote: »
    Wigan lost again in any case, full 90 again for ojo.

Would be nice if he was able to be part of a more positive side, but at least he's getting games. He must be watching Ibe and thinking "Maybe I can get into the side too"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I wonder if the defeat to Barca will help us come Sunday, im hopeful :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Why the f**k were city fans singing the Gerrard song last night? I hope we stuff them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why the f**k were city fans singing the Gerrard song last night? I hope we stuff them.

Because Chelsea and City stadium fans are HILARIOUS!

Bild are saying that Khedira could move to Liverpol on a free this summer.
    I was talking about Schweinsteiger yesterday, but this would do nicely.
    Will only be 28 in the summer, so worth a big investment, and will really put some steel in middle. Also a great guy for Can to buddy up with and learn from...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Dickerty wrote: »
    Will only be 28 in the summer, so worth a big investment, and will really put some steel in middle. Also a great guy for Can to buddy up with and learn from...

Unfortunately a not in any way reliable source.
    Would be a big upgrade on Lucas for sure though, we can hope I guess

Brilliant player but no way will we get him! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

has had a share of injuries but if he can get a run of fitness going would be a good addition especially on a free

kfallon wrote: »
    Brilliant player but no way will we get him! :(

That always depends on who else is in for him.

City already have two players of that ilk in Fernando/inho.
    United use Blind there, but they could use him alongside.
    Chelsea already have Matic, I don't think Khedira could be sure of his game, a must at that age.
    Bayern are pretty stocked for midfielders.

I think we'd have a shout - competitive on wages, a certain starter when fit, should see us as a team on the up, looking at us over the last 2 seasons.

And that's where Top 4 is a MUST. We can't hope to attract him, or Lacazette, or anyone of that calibre WITHOUT CL...

• Advertisement

That always depends on who else is in for him.

City already have two players of that ilk in Fernando/inho.
    United use Blind there, but they could use him alongside.
    Chelsea already have Matic, I don't think Khedira could be sure of his game, a must at that age.
    Bayern are pretty stocked for midfielders.

I think we'd have a shout - competitive on wages, a certain starter when fit, should see us as a team on the up, looking at us over the last 2 seasons.

And that's where Top 4 is a MUST. We can't hope to attract him, or Lacazette, or anyone of that calibre WITHOUT CL...

He'd go to Arsenal before us and he's just what they need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Eh, we qualified for the Champions League and we chose to go out and spend ~£70m on the talents of Ricky Lambert, Dejan Lovren, Adam Lallana and Lazar Markovic. That's on us.

Tbh most of them will work out fine. Mario was the big gamble, I'd my doubts about Bony but would have been the smarter buy.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We have a pretty solid group of players now the goal in the next window should be moving on a couple of fringe players and bringing in 2 maybe 3 players of real finished quality who can go into the first XI.

If we qualify for CL through the league or Europa we have to buy a couple of experienced players if we have any hope of progressing in that competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Khedira would be the perfect experienced player we are missing and with Gerrard leaving we could match his wages against what most other clubs would pay him would be my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

And those players combined are prob on similar wages to Cesc but cover 4 different positions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Sakho not in training today.

• Advertisement

Did you not slate the signings of Henderson and Sakho too once upon a time?
    How about giving players more than half a season before confining them to the scrap head?
    We could have spent £22m on a loan deal for a striker who has scored 1 goal!
    Lallana will be a fine signing, probably £5m too much because he is English but so be it. Markovic is rated one of the hottest prospects in Europe. Lovern was in the top 5 defenders in the league last season.
    Jesus wept, impossible please some people

If we get into the CL league and get any further in the FA or Europa league considering Sturridges injury, the loss of Suarez and trying to bed in 7 new players then its been a simply amazing season in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

How about giving players more than half a season before confining them to the scrap head?
    Lallana will be a fine signing, probably £5m too much because he is English but so be it. Markovic is rated one of the hottest prospects in Europe. Lovern was in the top 5 defenders in the league last season.

If we get into the CL league and get any further in the FA or Europa league considering Sturridges injury, the loss of Suarez and trying to bed in 7 new players then its been a simply amazing season in my book.

Falcao didn't cost 22million and has scored more than 1 goal.

No sign of Jordan Henderson at #lfc training this morning ahead of trip to Besiktas. Gerrard and Sakho not here either.

Interesting line up tomorrow night if they are all missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Falcao didn't cost 22million and has scored more than 1 goal.

You are correct.

6m i think, but mega wages on top of that. All in all the deal will cost in that region.

He scored 4 goals which is still a poor return, but he has had injuries etc.

Also taking into consideration our poor start it would be a fantastic achievement at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You are way too quick to jump in with an OTT response to what he actually said and an opportunity to work in the most overused phrase on boards "Jesus Wept".

The point remains we spent alot of money poorly. These signings may or may not come good long term but we were not a blank slate at the end of last season - we had just missed out on the league and had Champions League football.

If the signings come good in a year, or two or three and we are still outside of the CL or still not challenging for a title, well then yes, you'd have to question if we spent the money wisely given where we were at the end of 2013/2014.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    And those players combined are prob on similar wages to Cesc but cover 4 different positions...

Hyperbole.

But even so, Chelsea are on course to win the league with Fabregas being magnificent in the middle. You want to win, you got to pay for the privilege.

No?

I thought we were paying too much for Henderson, but I never slated him. I never posted anything negative about Sakho's signing imo.

Pyjamarama wrote: »

If we are being honest though 20m+ could be used elsewhere for all the good Lambert/Lovren have given this season. They "cover" 2 position fairly poorly.

No?

I thought we were paying too much for Henderson, but I never slated him. I never posted anything negative about Sakho's signing imo.

Ah, so you were always right?

And I thought it was just me.... :D

kfallon wrote: »
    He'd go to Arsenal before us and he's just what they need!

You think Wenger would pay tha wages it would take to bring him there?
    And he's not his typical signing.

Course, it will probably come down to the London thing AGAIN.

noodler wrote: »
    You are way too quick to jump in with an OTT response to what he actually said and an opportunity to work in the most overused phrase on boards "Jesus Wept".

The point remains we spent alot of money poorly. These signings may or may not come good long term but we were not a blank slate at the end of last season - we had just missed out on the league and had Champions League football.

If the signings come good in a year, or two or three and we are still outside of the CL or still not challenging for a title, well then yes, you'd have to question if we spent the money wisely given where we were at the end of 2013/2014.

I personally think the notion of Liverpool being an underdog small club who are punching above their weight if they make it to the CL and it is 'cheating' to sign a Fabregas or a Falcao is a notion many find romantic. People seem to have forgotten that we were able to pay Suarez what we were paying him last year and ended up second in the league and straight into the CL group stages this year. They also seem to have forgotten some of the star players that have been signed and played for the club within the last decade.

Getting back to signing the likes of Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Suarez should be the goal. We have more than enough Joe Allen and Adam Lallana's in the squad. And it's a good young squad. Let's think about adding the fruit on top now.

Ah, so you were always right?

And I thought it was just me.... :D

Wrong on plenty of things.

I cheerleaded the Balotelli signing - that hasn't worked out has it?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

NukaCola wrote: »
    You are correct.

6m i think, but mega wages on top of that. All in all the deal will cost in that region.

He scored 4 goals which is still a poor return, but he has had injuries etc.
    Monaco are paying the wages I believe.

Nonetheless, the falcao deal is the only transfer where wages have added to the cost. If he wants to bitch about transfers then he should be consistent and add up what Liverpool are paying in wages as well

Wrong on plenty of things.

I cheerleaded the Balotelli signing - that hasn't worked out has it?!!

I thought that was a risk worth talking too, I still do actually.
    But I also thought Lallana would be more key, and that Lovren would replace Skrtel, so what do I know?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement