Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MD1990 wrote: »
    Man Utd were willing to pay Luke Shaw 100k a week lol.
    So of course any big club would pay Sterling over 100k a week especially after winning the Golden Boy Award.

Then if Liverpool consider themselves a "big club", shouldn't they be willing to pay what he asks, within reason of course?

I'm not trying to troll by the way, it's a genuine question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

As far as I am aware only 5 players at Chelsea get over 100k a week, Courtois, Terry, Hazard, Fabregas, Costa

Suggesting Sterling would break into that group is head in the clouds stuff

Ok then, thanks for that pearl of wisdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Then if Liverpool consider themselves a "big club", shouldn't they be willing to pay what he asks, within reason of course?

And a valid question too. I wouldn't expect reasonable debate on the subject though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Great... Not only do we have even more talk of Sterling's contract, but now we're going to get Man Utd. involved in the discussion as well... :(

So, tomorrow's game? How are we all feeling about it? Losing two weeks ago was tough, both 'cos we hadn't lost in so long, and 'cos we lost to probably our direct rivals for the top 4 spot.

Now we're finally back playing, and it's another big game. Arsenal away isn't going to be easy at all, but can we get a result there? I'd be happy with a draw I think, they're playing well and they're at home. It looks like Sturidge could be back, though he still hasn't found his groove this season since coming back from the long injury break. It would be great to get him even close to his performances from last season. Is Lucas back as well? If so do we put him in front of the back 3 again?

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah pretty obvious no since they wouldn't meet Shaw's demands? Not sure how that is delusion. Please explain
    Shaw is a LB they always seem to have lower wages & also Sterling is a better player & in England's starting 11 at 20. Shaw has barely played for England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

There is a link to the players who share the same agency as Sterling.

Some impressive player including Hazard & Yaya Toure

http://www.transfermarkt.com/ungeklart/beraterfirma/berater/946

Jose Enqrique is one of them, tis a pity they don't hawk him around the football world instead of Raheem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think we'd pay the transfer fee for Sterling. 100K to the big boys isnt all that expensive but when mental figures of 50-60m are thrown around thats when you take a few steps back.

Crazy money, crazy fans Realistically he's 30m at the top end, and that would still be a missive gamble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Man Utd were willing to pay Luke Shaw 100k a week lol.
    So of course any big club would pay Sterling over 100k a week especially after winning the Golden Boy Award.

Was that pay by weight deal with Shaw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Within reason? Who's version of that though? The clubs? about 100-125K a week or Sterling (and his agent) who appear to think the skies the limit.

A big club should not also be a stupid one. The era of paying the likes of Carra and Johnson six figure sums near the end of their careers is over, likewise paying well into six figures to someone who has it still to do will not happen.
    And a valid question too. I wouldn't expect reasonable debate on the subject though.

Give us your wisdom rather than popping for a pot shot eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Whatever happened with Javier Manquillo btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think we'd pay the transfer fee for Sterling. 100K to the big boys isnt all that expensive but when mental figures of 50-60m are thrown around thats when you take a few steps back.

angel-di-maria-496592.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

garra wrote: »
    angel-di-maria-496592.jpg

He is a better and more proven player than sterling.

Really don't think he will stay, he isn't really loved by the Liverpool fans and this will only serve to drive a wedge in

Liverpool have shown they can pay big money so it's not as if Sterling is breaking some cap.

Nobody here knows what's going on behind the scenes. A few probably think they do of course

Fairly random question not related to anything discussed. Interested to know the angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fairly random question not related to anything discussed. Interested to know the angle

Chances are a few in here said he was better than Denis Irwin in his prime last season when things were going well

Wouldn't be the most bizarre thing I've seen posted either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not suited to being a wing-back really once Liverpool switched to a 3-4-3. Has barely played since.

Chances are a few in here said he was better than Denis Irwin in his prime last season when things were going well

At Atlético Madrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is it not obvious at this stage that it's not about money? He is clearly holding out for a potential move in the summer.

Benzino wrote: »
    Is it not obvious at this stage that it's not about money?

When they say it's not about the money it's always about the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

To be fair he probably is better than denis irwin. Denis irwin was over rated and never conributed much. Manquillo was instrumental last season when things were going well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

When they say it's not about the money it's always about the money.

Besides when it's not.

Where is Rafael the best RB in the PL gone?

He wasn't even at Liverpool.

Jesus what's happening in here today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

MR NINE wrote: »
    To be fair he probably is better than denis irwin. Denis irwin was over rated and never conributed much. Manquillo was instrumental last season when things were going well

I generally believe opinions cant be wrong, but my god thats so wrong I now have to ask have you ever actually seen Denis Irwin play? Or is it a case of "He was a Man U player therefore he sh*t LOLZ HEHEHE"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

LeeJM wrote: »
    I generally believe opinions cant be wrong, but my god thats so wrong I now have to ask have you ever actually seen Denis Irwin play? Or is it a case of "He was a Man U player therefore he sh*t LOLZ HEHEHE"

WHOOOSH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Come on April fools day was a few days ago.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

“If Raheem left Liverpool he wouldn’t be sure to start games. Make a mistake or don’t score for two games and he will be on the bench. There is no messing at clubs like that.''
    Kolo

Is that where we go wrong
    We are messers
    To loyal to players
    In the team no matter what
    Sterling needs to be dropped
    He's not at it

LeeJM wrote: »

It7xugI.gif

200814_345_AFC_Redactioneel_Header_600x338_Futurecup_600x338.jpg
    The ABN AMRO FUTURE CUP at Ajax is this weekend - Liverpools U17s were beaten finalists last year

All times BST

Saturday 4th April:
    12:00 uur Liverpool - Juventus (Fox Sports en Ajax Exclusive TV)
    15:00 uur Celtic - Liverpool (Fox Sports en Ajax Exclusive TV)

Sunday 5th April
    12:00 uur Liverpool - RSC Anderlecht (Fox Sports en Ajax Exclusive TV)

Monday 6th april:

Semi finals, 3/4 place playoff and final

Can't find the squad list yet

Inglethorpe on loans

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/182923-why-loans-are-vital-for-development

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

God this place is annoying.

Kevin Stewart scores for Burton Albion on debut. :)

Lloyd Jones scores for Accrington Stanley

0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I love you all.

Bad Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

:pac:

Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hilarious.
    I knew we would find something to agree on;)

• Advertisement

The only one who's made a fool of himself is the one who thinks Sterling will be grouped with the likes of Ozil, Sanchez, Costa, Hazard, Courtois, Fabregas in wages, lol

Now give us one of your Fellaini jokes while I look at the league table, you can atttibute my laughter to your joke of course
    you have a very strange sense of humour. So u think i have made a fool of myself by suggesting that the top 4 in England would pay Sterling over 100k a week while u think Manquillo played for Liverpool last season ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

you have a very strange sense of humour. So u think i have made a fool of myself by suggesting that the top 4 in England would pay Sterling over 100k a week while u think Manquillo played for Liverpool last season ok.

Rayne claimed suarez wouldn't get in the utd team says it all about his footballing opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

As bizarre as telling us all that Can was a carbon copy of Nuri Sahin?

As bizarre as telling us all that Can was a carbon copy of Nuri Sahin?
    Or that Shaw is better going foward than Moreno despite never scoring a goal or many assists.

Or that Shaw is better going foward than Moreno despite never scoring a goal or many assists.

Mould Shaw and Moreno together and you still wouldn't have a top class full back.

The state of Moreno against Utd, pure jokeshop stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mould Shaw and Moreno together and you still wouldn't have a top class full back.

The state of Moreno against Utd, pure jokeshop stuff

Have to agree with this...he was shocking.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ya easily he is, I've read Sergio Ramos has more goals and assists than Iniesta it means nothing without context, your opinions on United players are consistently idiotic

Edit: just goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89775718&postcount=1098
    MD1990 wrote:
    signings i would like to see in the summer are & that are realistic

LW/AM - Konoplyanka -15m
    CB - Benatia -15-20m
    RB/CB - Richards if it was for cheap money as he has great potential - 5m
    LB - Shaw or Rodriguez - 20m or 7m
    CM - Fernando -free
    ST - Bacca - 8m or Remy -8m
    Happy with signing Shaw for 20m on presumably close to 100k a week for someone of his price would have been expected to make.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91695885&postcount=4493
    MD1990 wrote:
    Shaw for 27m looks even more ridiculous now. 12m is a great deal.
    Shaw to a bigger club with more money for £7m more is now ridiculous, probably largely incentive based too.

I wonder what changed in the time between these posts?

Liam O wrote: »

Happy with signing Shaw for 20m on presumably close to 100k a week for someone of his price would have been expected to make.

Shaw to a bigger club with more money for £7m more is now ridiculous, probably largely incentive based too.

Take a guess.

Clue : Read the last 100 posts

I'll tell you what happened - Moreno went from being a potential signing at up to 20m to being an actual signing for 12m.

Context is all. Suddenly Shaw looked ridiculously expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Liverpool thread hence Liverpool players, MD was talking about Mata, Shaw and Januzaj for whatever reason

Liverpool thread hence Liverpool players, MD was talking about Mata, Shaw and Januzaj for whatever reason

It was a typo/blooper I'd imagine

Our poor left back is better than your poor left back :pac:

Getting sick of Man Utd posters stalking my posts.
    Nothing has changed 20m would have been the max I would have seen us pay for Shaw who is a good player but no I didn't think back then he would command 100k in wages.
    In comparison to Moreno who I thought would coat closer to 20m not 12m it is a huge fee.
    So that's what changed sick of having to explain my old posts to these weird Man Utd fans.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement