Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is Knex. back for the game today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC team v @Arsenal: Mignolet, Can, Toure, Sakho, Allen, Lucas, Moreno, Henderson, Coutinho, Markovic, Sterling

Don't say henderson is out on the fúcking wing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Toure over lovren. That's his anfield career over anyway, what a shocking signing he has been.

Ciano35 wrote: »
    @LFC: Confirmed #LFC team v @Arsenal: Mignolet, Can, Toure, Sakho, Allen, Lucas, Moreno, Henderson, Coutinho, Markovic, Sterling

Surely Markovic and Moreno are WB's?

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC subs v @Arsenal: Jones, Johnson, Lovren, Sturridge, Manquillo, Borini, Brannagan

kfallon wrote: »
    Surely Markovic and Moreno are WB's?

Would we play with 3 in midfield though? Hendo, lucas and Allen

Would we play with 3 in midfield though? Hendo, lucas and Allen

Definitely as we are away to Arsenal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC subs v @Arsenal: Jones, Johnson, Lovren, Sturridge, Manquillo, Borini, Brannagan

There are bowel movements better looking than that bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Why isn't Johnson getting games these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Awful awful awful. So many average to crap players in that team it's not even funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lucas coming straight back in worries me. He usually takes a good few games to get back up to standard after being out injured.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Why isn't Johnson getting games these days?

Because he's muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If it's 3 in midfield with Coutinho behind Sterling then it'll be interesting, hoping to not see Henderson stuck at RWB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

If it's 3 in midfield with Coutinho behind Sterling then it'll be interesting, hoping to not see Henderson stuck at RWB.

I'd say the shape it like this. crwod the middle and squeeze arsenal. Arsenal don't play with much with
    Mignolet,
    Can, Toure, Sakho,
    Markovic Allen, Lucas, Moreno,
    Henderson ,
    Coutinho, ,
    Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

mig
    Can--toure--sakho
    Lucas
    Marko----hendo-..----allen---Moreno
    coutinho
    sterling

Is my guess. Nice to see Cameron brannagan on the bench too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is this Sturridge's .6 game so we can expect him to be injured for the Chelsea game which is 5 games away.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

klose wrote: »

mig
    Can--toure--sakho
    Lucas
    Marko----hendo-..----allen---Moreno
    coutinho
    sterling

Is my guess. Nice to see Cameron brannagan on the bench too

I can't really see any other way they can set up really unless Allen is going to sit deeper with Lucas perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Good grief this is amaturish stuff so far

Moreno should be dropped for the rest of the season and shipped out in the summer

• Advertisement

Bye Bye Champions League

OK then, so next year is our year, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The theory of having a good mid season run against weaker teams but it will be a struggle against the better ones when the harder run hits is looking a bit more likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Moreno should be dropped for the rest of the season and shipped out in the summer

Been directly responsible for goals by Man City, United x2, Arsenal now and probably a few more I can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its just shows the importance of the "decisive moment" - Liverpool had two great chances to score at 0-0 and should have put at least one of them away.

As for the LWB, well it may be wise to put Johnson in there as galling as it is to mention him!

Embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Shambolic.

Rodgers is in trouble.

Next season could be his last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Shocking stuff. Champions League this year was always going to be a huge ask.
    Very disappointing.

We play a WB system with two of the worst WB's ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

And now the walls close in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Looking forward to the excuses today :mad:

• Advertisement

A win and 2 draws (iirc) from 8 games against the likely top 4 just wont cut it.

We need a stable balance of form across the season. Going on mad runs of form to hope and pull off a decent position isnt really a sustainable system.

The system was found out weeks ago against the weaker teams who just didn't have the fire power to beat us.

Dire. Arsenal going to get revenge for last year I feel. Not sure I can watch anymore to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

After a quiet couple of days I have a feeling the posts are gonna go through the roof after this...

Nice to have your Saturday ruined before 2pm.....

Well that's that for another season. Rodgers has got it badly wrong today.

We need a stable balance of form across the season. Going on mad runs of form to hope and pull off a decent position isnt really a sustainable system.

Its not a policy! The shi'te early season form meant the top 4 cup was only a slim chance, we got carried away for a while. 5th/6th was about an 80% chance in December and its coming to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

This could turn into a cricket score, poor all around, i just don't understand why we don't press the ball anymore.

Coutinho the only one that stands out, how long has he left on his contract?!

kfallon wrote: »
    Nice to have your Saturday ruined before 2pm.....

Weekend ruined more like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

See you in August lads.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Shambolic.

Rodgers is in trouble.

Next season could be his last.

A start next season like the start this season and I don't think he'd survive it.

Needs to win the cup to salvage anything from the season now.

This could turn into a cricket score, poor all around, i just don't understand why we don't press the ball anymore.

Just signed a new deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Its more difficult than it sounds. It's one thing to press the likes of Reading or Burnely....this is Arsenal. They have brilliant technical footballers. They can pass it round you in an instant. It's tough.....

5 years, signed a new contract a couple of months back.

It's all good. Spurs don't play till tomorrow so at least we cant drop below 6th till then. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

A lot of terrible performances today. Kolo, Allen, Lucas, Moreno, Coutinho all guilty of giving the ball away stupidly. Where is Henderson? Is he still on the pitch? Markovic should learn how to play a one-two. Pass the ball, run into space, get the return. Not pass the ball, stop, go backwards. So who comes on and who goes off? Too bad we are only allowed take three players off!

He signed a £70k a week new contract and Sterling wants double it.

Coutinho will be taking to his agent soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Lucas.......not dominant enough
    Markov.......not good enough
    Any combination of center backs....not good enough
    Allen........."******" insert your own comments here.
    Strikers.......where are they

After all the money that was spent last season we sre in a worse state than last year. Just further highlights how Swarez carried that team last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That's that for 4th.

5th was par at the start of the season so I suppose it's difficult to be too critical of the team, but it's incredibly bad for us long term to have failed to qualify for the CL and for having Utd and Arsenal both get it and the prestige and money that goes along with it.

We were a flash in the pan in terms of being a top club last season and this season proves it. If you have a player like Suarez you'll compete. If you can't hold on to him you won't. Players all over Europe are going to take notice.

• Advertisement

Its not a policy! .

I was hardly being serious about it being an actual system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement