Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

rob316 wrote: »
    Weekend ruined more like it.

I'm not letting these useless pricks ruin my whole weekend tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

10 minute spell where we let Arsenal back into this and we're 3 nil down.. Shocking. Still fuming over that Markovic pass to Sterling :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Moreno should be dropped for the rest of the season and shipped out in the summer
    Been directly responsible for goals by Man City, United x2, Arsenal now and probably a few more I can't remember.

Time and time again this club doesn't learn from its mistakes. Signing inexperienced players and expecting results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Could be 7th by the end of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Moreno needs to be dropped for a few weeks. Has been very sloppy on more than a handful of occasions in recent weeks - defensively poor but also conceding possession a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

another key game - another defeat

what's the point in doing well for a while if when it comes to the crunch you always eff it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Kirby wrote: »
    Its more difficult than it sounds. It's one thing to press the likes of Reading or Burnely....this is Arsenal. They have brilliant technical footballers. They can pass it round you in an instant. It's tough.....

But surely it would be better than inviting them onto us, what with their attacking form and our nervous defence it's madness.

Like you say we got away with it against poor teams, we are getting found out today big time.

Johnson is still our best fullback and that really say it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Forget about forwards in the summer get a proper defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

5starpool wrote: »
    A start next season like the start this season and I don't think he'd survive it.

Needs to win the cup to salvage anything from the season now.

Against Arsenal in the final though if we get there!

The season has come down to praying for AN Aston Villa miracle at Old Trafford.

Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rodgers from yesterday (guardian)
    “We want that youthfulness – we do not just want it for another team to come and take it. My focus is to keep this group together and add to it and compete for trophies. Otherwise you just have to keep rebuilding or restocking your squad.”

Rodgers wants to add established talent this summer, when Steven Gerrard will depart for LA Galaxy, but admits he requires patience from the current crop for FSG’s strategy to come to fruition. The average age of Liverpool’s starting lineup was 24.2 for their last Premier League match, which ended in a damaging 2-1 home defeat by Manchester United.

The Liverpool manager added: “It is the model of the club. Whether I like it or not, it is how the model is set up. I do the best with the players available. Yes, I think the most successful teams will average 28-29 years of age and ours will be below that. You will see that in the United game, where a lack of experience shows. That is why they are here – to learn – and when it is like that it will go that way sometimes.”

I think we can be sure Rodgers will be agitating to sign a few 'ready mades' this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The theory of having a good mid season run against weaker teams but it will be a struggle against the better ones when the harder run hits is looking a bit more likely.
    Yep, we really have no arguments this season.

We're heading for a tally of 1 point from 12 from our games against United/Arsenal. The likes of Di Maria/Mata and Ozil/Alexis have been the difference in these games this season.

If we want to be a top 4 club, then we need to be signing stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its more difficult than it sounds. It's one thing to press the likes of Reading or Burnely....this is Arsenal. They have brilliant technical footballers. They can pass it round you in an instant. It's tough.....

If what you're saying is true, it's almost like you have to play different systems and tactics depending on who you're playing. Who'da thunk finding a "super formation" a la FM and sticking with it resulting in nothing but glory wasnt the way :D

guys like moreno, mignolet, markovic and toure just not good enough - they prove that to us time and time again, unfortunately there isn't much in the squad to replace them with

suddenly it seems like sterling was making more sense than we gave him credit for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

donfers wrote: »
    guys like moreno, mignolet, markovic and toure just not good enough - they prove that to us time and time again, unfortunately there isn't much in the squad to replace them with

suddenly it seems like sterling was making more sense than we gave him credit for

More sense ? The bloke wants a big pay rise so he should earn. He has probably been one of the worst players on the pitch today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Moreno, Mignolet, Toure and a few others will get the blame, but this is all down to the manager. Rodgers is out of his depth at this level. He is a bottom of the table manager who got a big chance and has blown it, he has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Moreno looks like a decent attacking fullback for an aggressive 4 at the back system.

I don't think he's good enough going forward to warrant a place in midfield and he's certainly not good enough defensively if you're trying to keep things tight at the back.

He's a coward in front of shots, constantly turning his back, he makes poor decisions on the ball in defence, is indecisive and doesn't seem smart enough when defending 1v1.

He has plenty going for him and time to put his game right, but he's far from what we need right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Massive over reactions going on here. To say we're unlucky to be down by 3 is an understatement. We've caused them a lot of problems but they finished their chances and we didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Massive over reactions going on here. To say we're unlucky to be down by 3 is an understatement. We've caused them a lot of problems but they finished their chances and we didn't.

Lets not get carried away. Yes, markovic missed a sitter. But so did Ramsey after about 5 minutes. The bottom line is, Arsenal were the much better team and deserve their lead. "Luck" has nothing to do with it

donfers wrote: »

These types of players will ultimately let you down. They are ok and will work hard for the team but they aren't good enough relative to our objectives. They will do a job for you 4 times out of 5 but the 1 in 5 times that they let you down will crucify you.

It's a shame as you never quite mind being proven wrong in these situations but it's becoming a recurring theme now - unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Knee-jerk responses are to be expected and are not worth taking seriously. This was never going to be easy and as I said earlier LFC could easily have scored twice before Arsenal did the margins are fine. Arsenal have the ability to punish
    any team given half a chance and they have been given that chance.

Attacking the manager might make make people feel better but isn't much of a help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

This game is just a reality check for the club. We are missing Sturridge and Skrtel badly.
    Emre Can and Henderson should be playing in the middle of the pitch but Rodgers can only use the players that are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's some knee jerking about the performances - we haven't been particularly bad other than a couple of key errors and wobbly moments.

The general play of the likes of Sakho, Markovic, Hendo, Lucas, Allen, Coutinho and Can has been fairly good with some quality in patches.

The real problem is not of performances but of a gulf in quality, as is evidenced by having taken 4 points from 7 games against the top 4.

Suarez was so good that he bridged that gap and Sturridge was occasionally fit as well and he'd have walked into any team in the league last season.

We just have **** all firepower. Our defence is decent but against the better teams, they're always going to find a way through. If you can't trade blows then you're going to get picked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

The reason Liverpool are 3 down:

Arsenal are the better team. It's that simple. Liverpool never had a chance here.

Knee-jerk responses are to be expected and are not worth taking seriously. .

5 points from 24 against the top 4 isnt knee jerk, its 9 months of poor results.

A bit of me is glad that Sterling is having a crap game now its out of sight.

5 points from 24 against the top 4 isnt knee jerk, its 9 months of poor results.

Agreed, ****e for half the season followed by great for for three months and then going back to ****e isn't knee jerk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hendo should have been in the refs face for a second yellow for Bellerin

My "telly" went off for about 30 secs ad I missed a goal.

Maybe if the "telly" goes off another couple of times we might get a draw. :)

• Advertisement

Coutinho missing in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Lovely. He'll miss the Blackburn game as well won't he?

Can got his fifth and sixth yellows before the red. Is it still just one game he misses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Coutinho missing in action.

Turtyturd will tell you he's the best in the league. Unless he plays rubbish like today. Then its "The Rodgers'" fault. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

brevity wrote: »
    Lovely. He'll miss the Blackburn game as well won't he?

Yup, we are running out of players :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

My "telly" went off for about 30 secs ad I missed a goal.

Maybe if the "telly" goes off another couple of times we might get a draw. :)

Would have been better for you if the telly stayed off!

• Advertisement

It's actually sad watching Toure out there. Making a ****ing show of himself and completely found out at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Lovren, toure and sakho in defence next game so it seems. *gasps*

Well at least Henderson got a goal for my FF team.

It's actually sad watching Toure out there. Making a ****ing show of himself and completely found out at this level.

Finding it hard to differentiate him from the rest of the team in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Well at least Henderson got a goal for my FF team.

Another big game where he's gone missing!

I like the guy, gives it his all and is good against the smaller teams but rarely, if ever, dominates against the top teams especially away from home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Something needs to be done at the club. There are so many average players in this team, for the money spent there's really nothing to show.

Turtyturd will tell you he's the best in the league. Unless he plays rubbish like today. Then its "The Rodgers'" fault. :rolleyes:

It's the Internet.

I don't really care much for your issues with other posters opinions.

Wouldn't worry too much about it. It's all a bit of crack

noodler wrote: »
    Finding it hard to differentiate him from the rest of the team in that regard.

Arsenal being better in most positions is one thing. Toure looked like a Sunday League player out there. Lunged in so many times and even took his own player out (Henderson) on one occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

2 red cards the past 2 games and Skrtel's 3 match ban for a stamp as well so might as well be 3 red cards. Poor discipline.

League season over.

Cup or bust now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Assumptions that we'll get 5th are quite arrogant imo. We're bang out of form now and look poor. This could play out very ugly.

Blackburn game is huge. Huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Right,

Pub anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

MarkY91 wrote: »

Not that its an improvement but Johnson will start.

MarkY91 wrote: »

Yup...three guys who always have a mistake or two in them although Johnson may come in for one of them

Toure really is a pub player at this stage, tries his best and seems like a lovely guy but does some crazy things on the pitch that a professional player should never no and makes the easiest of things look incredibly difficult at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I came so close to deciding to go to bed for much needed sleep after a tough week. Instead I chose to watch this crap. My head said bed but my heart said Liverpool. I'm listening to my head anymore.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement