Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thank you Burnley I hope you stay up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I really like Burnley as a team.

Hope they stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't read the Arsenal thread...I see it as a colouring book in comparison to this threads War And Peace like scale.

Turtyturd likes to visit now and again and give us his views.
    However hasn't been in of late ha ha.
    We all know why :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,493 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not as clear cut as '' win'' ''lose'' . I think draws will play a part in next 3 for United.
    3 draws to 3 wins for us puts us within 2 pts. I just don't see United winning next 3. It could be 2 losses 1 win, which if we win 3, again puts us within 2pts.
    I hope it's all mind games by Roders
    ''Sure we don't want top four, you can relax City United and Arsenal, we'll go for cup''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Been a bad weekend but this will cheer everyone up.

panda-sex-9_3256963c.jpg
    Two giant pandas in China have broken the record for the longest mating session ever recorded, just hours after the male set the record with a different female.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/11516700/Giant-pandas-in-China-set-record-for-longest-recorded-sex-session.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

United have lost 2 of their last 26 league games and are looking far more settled and consistent now. I'd be surprised if they lost 3 of the last 7.

Nope.

United have lost 2 in their last 11 EPL games. They have lost 3 games in their last 22 league games. Swansea, City and Southampton.

Anyway i agree, still unlikely that they will lose 3 in the last 7 and are looking more consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Weirdly enough we are as low as 8/1 on exchanges for top 4

Chelsea,City,Arsenal and United. Barring an influx of petrodollars for another team,these 4 will rotate positions for the next 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

NukaCola wrote: »
    Nope.

United have lost 2 in their last 11 EPL games. They have lost 3 games in their last 22 league games. Swansea, City and Southampton.

Anyway i agree, still unlikely that they will lose 3 in the last 7 and are looking more consistent.

Yeah, that should have been 3 in the last 26, only realised after posting, was hoping nobody would check :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I know kolo is sound and All but he was very poor yesterday not sure how he got an extension of another year.
    very worrying where this team is going and I can't see us righting the wrongs of the previous transfer windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I know kolo is sound and All but he was very poor yesterday not sure how he got an extension of another year.
    very worrying where this team is going and I can't see us righting the wrongs of the previous transfer windows.

The more I think of it, the more I come to the conclusion that Lovern, Lalana, Balo and Lambert all being fit but not playing yesterday is really something.

The 10-20 million bracket is a bit hit and miss but you have to be doing better than that.

Rodgers has purchased a lot of players and beyond Can, Sturridge and Coutinho there's not much to celebrate.

I really do back him. I think he's the real deal but Liverpool need value for money or they've no hope vrs the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Vicxas wrote: »
    I really like Burnley as a team.

Hope they stay up

As a bit of a burnley fan due to my da here's hoping. It would make the season somewhat bearable if they could manage it. They are like an old fashioned team no rotation and 4 4 2 every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Bowlardo wrote: »

Well i think the hope would be he'd be our 4/5 choice CB, he'd be the as good as the similar options the teams above us have at that stage. So few quality cbs in the premiership...

I have no issue with Kolo getting a contract extension but he is going to be the last choice to play.

We have very little experienced players left at the club and he has a world of it to give the younger players.

I would also like to see the club use him as a coach, We do needs a defensive coach and well maybe Kolo could be that person.

I have no issue with Kolo getting a contract extension but he is going to be the last choice to play.

We have very little experienced players left at the club and he has a world of it to give the younger players.

I would also like to see the club use him as a coach, We do needs a defensive coach and well maybe Kolo could be that person.

Really? Have no idea how he'd be as a coach being honest, why would you like to see him as a Def coach? Any reason why you'd think he'd be a good fit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

MD1990 wrote: »

We certainly got ridden yesterday!

Really? Have no idea how he'd be as a coach being honest, why would you like to see him as a Def coach? Any reason why you'd think he'd be a good fit?

The manager seems very reluctant to bring in a defensive coach or us one, Having a player of Kolo standard there who is working his way through his coaching badges now it would be a shame not to use him in that coaching role when he isn't going to be playing much.

We can win league next year
    Our players are now settled
    One striker one midfielder
    Consistency right from the start
    Champions come the finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

MD1990 wrote: »

Not a lot of choice with so few and them bring paired with 'intended partners'.

They need Tinder for pandas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

We certainly got ridden yesterday!

<<Drapes sheet over twitching corpse of thread>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Do you really believe that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is that you Augeo ?

Damien360 wrote: »
    Is that you Augeo ?

No, that's not me.

After the Utd game I posted the following.......
    Augeo wrote: »
    .......... and the great run comes to an end :(
    Utd get the 3 points and at the end of the day that's all that counts, fair play to them, not an easy afternoon's work and for much of the 2nd half I think they were fearing a bad day at the office.

Gerrard comes out with the apology as he should do, counts for nothing really. Great career he's had and it's sad the PL title eluded him, let's hope he lifts the FA cup before he departs. Perhaps it might galvanise the squad a tad, Henderson might step up a notch etc :)

We are 40 points from the last 18 matches, 2.22 ppg (Since the 3 PL defeats in a row)

8 games to go, 5 points to gain on Man Utd or 6 on Arsenal, both of them with superior goal difference.

As expected no doubt but I'm calling this far from over, after what we saw recently (including today we are 25 points from the last available 30, beating Man City, Spurs & S'ton) I'm sure the squad can gather themselves up and tear into the remaining 8 games, another wonder run (6W & 2D) would yield a season total of 74 points :) 7 wins and a loss would leave us on 75 points.

And yes, until we drop more than the 3 or 4 points mentioned above I'll continue believing the team can do it :)

Looking at the bigger picture, it was initially Rodger's obejective to get us to CL in the 3rd year, might fail at that (as detailed above) so the season is a "failure" but looking at things in a factual light last season's 2nd place would compensate, financially at least, and that's a big factor for the owners :D

After losing to Arsenal and considering that we have to play Chelsea yet I don't see the hoped for wonder run happening.

0 points from Utd and Arsenal games is looking like knock out punch territory for Top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No, that's not me.

After the Utd game I posted the following.......

After losing to Arsenal and considering that we have to play Chelsea yet I don't see the hoped for wonder run happening.

0 points from Utd and Arsenal games is looking like knock out punch territory for Top 4.

Yep. Looks like it'll be a scrap for 5th this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

5th should be a distant second behind the FA cup in terms of priority. All in on the FA Cup to make the season a success.

The FA cup would be great no doubt, always great to win but as far as we are still from actually winning it I wouldn't be overwhelmed by it.

Time has moved on from when the winners of the league got into the CL and the FA cup winners got into the UEFA cup or whatever it was back than.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The FA cup would be great no doubt, always great to win but as far as we are still from actually winning it I wouldn't be overwhelmed by it.

Time has moved on from when the winners of the league got into the CL and the FA cup winners got into the UEFA cup or whatever it was back than.

Cup Winners Cup

Fall out in the camp if we believe reports. I was expecting Rodgers to lose his rag with players after the Arsenal performance, I would not have expected players to stand up to him and justify that performance.
    All of this going onwith our one chance of silverware coming up next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Look what the Mirror just published...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-crisis-brendan-rodgers-faces-5465250
    Brendan Rodgers is facing a major dressing room crisis at Liverpool.

The Anfield boss called a meeting after training at Melwood yesterday and accused several players of not playing for him.

Some senior players spoke up angrily against Rodgers as they were left incensed at the accusation.

Some have been left disaffected in recent weeks and now Rodgers is facing the biggest test of his reign at Anfield.

He has already conceded Liverpool’s hopes of reaching the top four and was left furious after the defeat at Arsenal on Saturday.

Theres more in the article

**** me. I hate bull**** newspapers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

If that is true then I believe Rodgers is right to question some players performance. Most didn't show up. Hopefully it is aimed at provoking a performance for Blackburn.
    Although keep it in house please. Annoying how the club is run in public sometimes.

Throwing players under buses and deflecting in the media has come back to bite him if that article is anywhere close to being true.

I have a feeling it could be taken out of context well I hope it is. I wonder did the squad and manager just a clear the air meeting and every one vented there problems and frustrations.

I am guessing there are quiet a number of players in the squad frustrated with the way they have been seen to be treated this season.

I am guessing there are quiet a number of players in the squad frustrated with the way they have been seen to be treated this season.

Really? With the exception of Mario where he is always quite critical of I cant think of another badly treated player being honest. I may have missed one or two others but "quite a few" may be a bit of a stretch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If we went out and hammered Arsenal the same story would be printed with their names instead of ours.

Really? With the exception of Mario where he is always quite critical of I cant think of another badly treated player being honest. I may have missed one or two others but "quite a few" may be a bit of a stretch?

Balotelli, Borini, Lovren, Johnson, Mignolet, Sakho, Have all been publicly dissed by the manager this season in one way or an other.

If you believe other stories Gerrard hasn't been happy either.

It's the managers job to do it but our manager likes to do it in the press/public quiet abit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This is the quote that the headline appears to be focusing on. To me that looks like he's referring to next season and not being in the CL.

“Liverpool is a great club. But, of course, players want to play at the top level of the game and if you’re not in the Champions League it makes it difficult for you.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If Rodgers gets the boot, it will set a fun pattern. .

Andy Carroll - Gone in short order
    I heart Chewie Louie - Gone
    The Rodgers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So what you're saying is, it's all your fault? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

If Rodgers gets the boot, it will set a fun pattern. .

Andy Carroll - Gone in short order
    I heart Chewie Louie - Gone
    The Rodgers...

Next name change is either Danny Ings or Alan Pardew so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Next name change is either Danny Ings or Alan Pardew so...

He'll be safe enough with Rodgers.

Balotelli, Borini, Lovren, Johnson, Mignolet, Sakho, Have all been publicly dissed by the manager this season in one way or an other.

If you believe other stories Gerrard hasn't been happy either.

It's the managers job to do it but our manager likes to do it in the press/public quiet abit.

Your going to have to back up your claims here and provide links because I have been trying to dig up some quotes of Rodgers "publicly dissing" Borini, Lovren, Johnson and Sakho but cant find anything of any substance, certainly nothing that could be called publicly dissing at any rate. Not saying it hasn't happened just that i cant find a thing on it.

As for the Mario criticism I think he did that a few times when i didn't agree with him. He also did it with Mig which i did agree with him. I wouldn't agree that he does it "quite a bit" with our squad.

Seems like an unfair criticism of BR to say he throws players under the bus quite a bit.

• Advertisement

Your going to have to back up your claims here and provide links because I have been trying to dig up some quotes of Rodgers "publicly dissing" Borini, Lovren, Johnson and Sakho but cant find anything of any substance, certainly nothing that could be called publicly dissing at any rate. Not saying it hasn't happened just that i cant find a thing on it.

As for the Mario criticism I think he did that a few times when i didn't agree with him. He also did it with Mig which i did agree with him. I wouldn't agree that he does it "quite a bit" with our squad.

Seems like an unfair criticism of BR to say he throws players under the bus quite a bit.

The manager doesn't have to speak to dis a player his public treatment of a players can do much more than him saying anything.

His treatment of Borini has been a terrible dropping him when we need a striker bringing him on for 30 seconds in a game things like that he got a red card just like Gerrard did because of frustrations.

Sakho left out of the squad totally before the derby game and goes home that was a public spanking dropping him from the squad totally.

Lovren his form hasn't helped but he has been treated the same manner.

Johnson is like Gerrard & Sterling in the sense that his contract talks were been made public maybe not the managers fault but he hasn't done a great job on it publicly.

Dropping Mignolet in the way he did was wrong when Brad Jones is your second choice.

The manager does need to deal with these issues but his actions can do just as much damage as his words.

To much of what should be kept private is coming out transfer been blamed on so and so the leaking of team sheets leaking of negotiations contracts to these latest issues something is wrong at the heart of the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Kirby wrote: »
    Its more difficult than it sounds. It's one thing to press the likes of Reading or Burnely....this is Arsenal. They have brilliant technical footballers. They can pass it round you in an instant. It's tough.....

Quoted for making me feel even sexier.

Blackburn have put out a team with both their main strikers starting so hopefully they'll get a few knocks from the Leeds midfield/defenders.
    lolololol How the 'Mighty' 'Pool have fallen when you need your championship team opponents to get a few knocks against another championship team just to stand a chance of beating them!!!!!

Kirby wrote: »
    Ian Wright just said he thought Sterling "played well today and did himself proud."

Jesus wept......
    I love Wrighty but as a pundit he is muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

lolololol How the 'Mighty' 'Pool have fallen when you need your championship team opponents to get a few knocks against another championship team just to stand a chance of beating them!!!!!

I see we've another sham in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The manager doesn't have to speak to dis a player his public treatment of a players can do much more than him saying anything.

His treatment of Borini has been a terrible dropping him when we need a striker bringing him on for 30 seconds in a game things like that he got a red card just like Gerrard did because of frustrations.

Sakho left out of the squad totally before the derby game and goes home that was a public spanking dropping him from the squad totally.

Johnson is like Gerrard & Sterling in the sense that his contract talks were been made public maybe not the managers fault but he hasn't done a great job on it publicly.

Dropping Mignolet in the way he did was wrong when Brad Jones is your second choice.

The manager does need to deal with these issues but his actions can do just as much damage as his words.

To much of what should be kept private is coming out transfer been blamed on so and so the leaking of team sheets leaking of negotiations contracts to these latest issues something is wrong at the heart of the dressing room.
    I think Migs form since he came back in would disprove that point.

Iirc, he came out and said he was over analysing situations.

Would he have made that analysis and changed his game if he hadn't been dropped?

I don't think so.

You cant blame BR for Gerrard and Borini getting red cards. Also Borini was put up for sale and not in the managers plans. BR has the right to choose his own team. That goes for Sakho Mignolet and Lovren also. Players get dropped, why are you viewing it as some kind of slight against them?

Lovren has been ****ing awful and he persisted with him way longer than Lovren deserved if anything. I agree with Jones coming in for Mig though. That was ridiculous, but others can argue that Mig came back stronger and better.

BR doesn't negotiate contracts so thats another unfair criticism. Has he dealt with it poorly in public? How exactly?

Something is wrong with the dressing room? Based on what? Seems a bit dramatic to be honest. 2 defeats in a row and all of a sudden we have a crisis.

BR is not blameless. BR is not perfect. He's a young manager and is making mistakes but some of the above criticism seems like nit picking and looking for things that aren't there.

I think Migs form since he came back in would disprove that point.

Iirc, he came out and said he was over analysing situations.

Would he have made that analysis and changed his game if he hadn't been dropped?

I don't think so.

He got back into the team because Jones got injured and yes he did he was over analysing situations but it was taking with wife that helped figure it out not the manager or coaching staff.

The owners are running a business, not a football club, frustrating.
    Same could be said of Arsenal's model but then we'd be saying Liverpool are a poor man's Arsenal, oh wait...

Same could be said of Arsenal's model but then we'd be saying Liverpool are a poor man's Arsenal, oh wait...

Why would anyone say that?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement