Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I wonder if Skrtel will except what's offered to him (I imagine he'll be offered a new deal).Most likely it will be his last deal and he'll be looking for a decent enough increase to what he's on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Calling Rarnes new? Wut ? :pac:

Well how has he got the cheek to call me a rival fan. Im a regular poster. I suppose a former regular as I hadnt been on in a month but before that a very regular poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think it's just poor humour from a rival fan. It wouldn't upset me too much

The secret of a good joke is judging the tone and timing. Both felt off.

We're all sensitive souls here :)

Anyway City have just lost and they have to play rampaging Man Utd next week. I want Utd to win that by about 5 goals. As i mentioned earlier City have the whiff of a tailspin decline about them I think it could all unravel quite quickly.

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Why would you be assuming that?

You must be only new here. I havent been on boards in a month but was a regular poster before that and am a fan by the way

Didn't realise apologies.

Was a strange post from a pool fan imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Have to shout for utd on Sunday. **** it

Didn't realise apologies.

Was a strange post from a pool fan imo

Obviously it seems my timing was a bit off. Like I said I havent been on boards for a month so Ive missed all the craic, rants, arguments etc on here as a result. Before that there was a good few people on here sharing the odd joke about Brendans speech habits. Obviously thats not the case anymore it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

What about Adrián? Problem is being able to make an offer that someone like him would deem acceptable, I suppose he could just be challenged to depose Mignolet and then its a straight dog-fight to see who stays in the first 11.

Is Adrian really someone we would want starting?!? He's defo no better than mignolet. I think the issue is you have to get a guy who will be happy losing that fight and coming in likely to lose it. Mignolet is a better keeper than s lot give him credit for but there is still obv room for a big upgrade. I think going for a guy like Handanovic at inter would signal real intent but I doubt we see that kind of move.

Any result in that game now.

Utd have a much harder run in.

They are hitting form though and City going the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

niallo27 wrote: »

Assuming we beat newcastle .Utd win we are 4 behind city. City win we are 5 behind utd and they have to go to chelsea the week after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'll be doing no such thing, i'll shout for city and like it!

Still reckon utd will lose 3 of their last 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Wow... That is probably the least funny thing I've ever seen on boards... Which is saying something.

Attacking the manager after two defeats to two good sides. Pathetic.

Can we be really clear here? You don't get to ignore the parts of the season you don't like or have a bad three months washed away by a good three months. The manager will be criticised because:

- Our league form before Christmas left us in a huge hole we haven't been good enough to climb out of;
    - Our CL performance was extremely disappointing;
    - Our EL exit to Besiktas was very poor;

That's why he is being criticised.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A United win and a Liverpool win next weekend and 4th place is potentially back in play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I think I would still prefer a City win given their respective run ins. A lost to City and Chelsea if we can win the next two with Everton next up for United would make things very interesting.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Can we be really clear here? You don't get to ignore the parts of the season you don't like or have a bad three months washed away by a good three months. The manager will be criticised because:

- Our league form before Christmas left us in a huge hole we haven't been good enough to climb out of;
    - Our CL performance was extremely disappointing;
    - Our EL exit to Besiktas was very poor;

That's why he is being criticised.

As stated earlier criticism is totally fine and justified in some instances (all my opinion but I think that the exit to Besiktas wasn't very poor but was disappointing, inexperience of the players was at least as much a contributing factor as anything the manager did). But the post I quoted wasn't critiscing him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Assuming we beat newcastle .Utd win we are 4 behind city. City win we are 5 behind utd and they have to go to chelsea the week after.

City look in free fall though. Utd wont be caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

I don't see him leaving Chelsea's bench to come sit on ours.. I think he'd be looking for gauranteed first team football to come here. I'd be thrilled with him but not sure that the upgrade would be big enough to justify the wages he'd command. Vorm would have been perfect imo.

Cech would be a sizeable upgrade on Mignolet and would go straight into the team if we managed to sign him.

We really need to make signings that are better than what we already have, automatic first team starters, not squad players and not young players with potential. This is the only way we'll improve.

As stated earlier criticism is totally fine and justified in some instances (all my opinion but I think that the exit to Besiktas wasn't very poor but was disappointing, inexperience of the players was at least as much a contributing factor as anything the manager did). But the post I quoted wasn't critiscing him...

I thought you were full sure I was criticising him after your fit earlier. Make your mind up man

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I'll be doing no such thing, i'll shout for city and like it!

Still reckon utd will lose 3 of their last 7.

There is no evidence to back up United will do any such thing.

Form says Liverpool's best chance is for City to keep their current form going. United with the best defense over the past 20 games and in great form, a settled team.
    United also have the best home form in the league. They have lost 5 games in 31 and you think they will lose 3 in 7...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But the post I quoted wasn't critiscing him...

No, it wasn't. It was a joke. Brandishing a joke as "pathetic" is uncalled for. He's entitled to post a joke even at the expense of your manager and just because you didn't like his post doesn't give you carte blanche to insult the poster.

I'm sure you realise not everyone finds pandas funny and yet nobody calls the posters who post them gifs "pathetic".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So Man City looking likely to finish 4th now. Maybe just maybe if we win the next 4 we might catch them. Newcastle, Hull, West Brom and QPR are all winnable.

Get those 4 wins and go to the bridge with a bit of confidence and pull that mutha****a down :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

RobertKK wrote: »
    There is no evidence to back up United will do any such thing.

Form says Liverpool's best chance is for City to keep their current form going. United with the best defense over the past 20 games and in great form, a settled team.
    United also have the best home form in the league. They have lost 5 games in 31 and you think they will lose 3 in 7...

And even if they did, we'd have to win all ours, including Stamford Bridge.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

rob316 wrote: »
    So Man City looking likely to finish 4th now. Maybe just maybe if we win the next 4 we might catch them. Newcastle, Hull, West Brom and QPR are all winnable.

Get those 4 wins and go to the bridge with a bit of confidence and pull that mutha****a down :pac::D

Not the way we are playing though.

All will be a struggle on current form

And even if they did, we'd have to win all ours, including Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea could have the title wrapped up by the time we play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We were awful in Europe and beyond disappointing in both competitions. No way to put a positive spin on it.

Not the way we are playing though.

All will be a struggle on current form

As in the last two games?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

NukaCola wrote: »

We haven't played well for a good few weeks.

I thought you were full sure I was criticising him after your fit earlier. Make your mind up man

Nope I said you were attacking him. Which imo a joke mocking him is doing. Critiscism about the tactics he deploys or success/failure in the transfer market is debate which is obviously a massive point of the thread.

Kirby wrote: »
    No, it wasn't. It was a joke. Brandishing a joke as "pathetic" is uncalled for. He's entitled to post a joke even at the expense of your manager and just because you didn't like his post doesn't give you carte blanche to insult the poster.

I'm sure you realise not everyone finds pandas funny and yet nobody calls the posters who post them gifs "pathetic".

Thank you. Said it much better than I ever could

It was coming though.

The previous few games before that wasn't great too. We beat Swansea but it wasn't pretty. Blackburn was poor

Ya because playing them when they have nothing to play for worked out great for us last season!

• Advertisement

Ya because playing them when they have nothing to play for worked out great for us last season!

They had a shot of the title last season.

Outside chance but still a chance

We were awful in Europe and beyond disappointing in both competitions. No way to put a positive spin on it.

Ah not a chance I'm trying to do that. We were way below what should be the acceptable level required of any premiership team in Europe. My point was merely that I think the lack of European and big game experience due to having such s young team was a big deal. Especially since Stevie had clearly lost a step and wasn't able to drag us through rough patches like he used to.

Tbh that's the biggest problem we have. There is nobody there that can do that atm and I don't care what manager you have every squad needs those players. Chelsea have it, so do arsenal City and United. We have players who might get there but nobody you'd feel comfortable to rely on.

Well they did play a weakened team which obviously gives you a better chance, the fact we didn't win is down to us.

5starpool wrote: »
    We haven't played well for a good few weeks.
    It was coming though.

The previous few games before that wasn't great too. We beat Swansea but it wasn't pretty. Blackburn was poor

But sure we were grinding out the results ;)

I agree the Blackburn and Swansea games were below par but the Burnley and City games before them we played good stuff. Although that was a month ago now at this stage so ya, good point.

Nope I said you were attacking him. Which imo a joke mocking him is doing. Critiscism about the tactics he deploys or success/failure in the transfer market is debate which is obviously a massive point of the thread.

Oh Im sorry your modness,

I must have been out the day you were indoctrinated into the hall of fcuks.

Seriously though since when did you become the mini Hitler on this thread dictating what people can and cant say. People are entitled to share jokes on here and most people avail of that amongst some intelligent discussion. If you dont like it tough, ya can piss off elsewhere, we might even start a Liverpool Fc Narcissists Supporters thread especially for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

city losing 1 0 but playing very well. If it stays that way 7 behind city and 8 behind utd and one of them has to drop points next week so the gap if we won would be 4 or 5 pts to one of them.

We're goosed.

Ah not a chance I'm trying to do that.

I know, just pointing out as an add on to your post really :)

Kirby wrote: »

I didn't Attack any poster. The post was pathetic imo, I don't know the poster so couldn't and wouldn't comment on him personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

:D

Fair play...that's savage.

• Advertisement

They had a shot of the title last season.

Outside chance but still a chance

They couldn't mathematically win the league last season when they beat us at Anfield so it was a nothing game and they had 3rd atleast sewn up.

Oh Im sorry your modness,

Seriously though since when did you become the mini Hitler on this thread dictating what people can and cant say. People are entitled to share jokes on here and most people avail of that amongst some intelligent discussion. If you dont like it tough, ya can piss off elsewhere, we might even start a Liverpool Fc Narcissists Supporters thread especially for you

Obv never claimed to be a mod. Simply thought the post wasn't funny and was an attack of the manager. Which to me isn't something a pool fan should be doing. I'll stick around anyway if that's ok.

Do you think that'll make any difference?

Mourinho loves beating us.

EDIT:Never mind...others beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If City lose to United it means we have a chance. We would play twice before City play again, which if we won those 2 games closes gap to 1 !!!

I don't think it will have a big impact on how the approach the game but it would surely be better for Jose if city missed out. Force them to have to vastly over pay and hit them in the ffp balls.

I don't think it will have a big impact on how the approach the game but it would surely be better for Jose if city missed out. Force them to have to vastly over pay and hit them in the ffp balls.

Maybe.

Who knows what goes through that mans head?

• Advertisement

4th is gone. The faster we all accept it the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If City lose to United it means we have a chance. We would play twice before City play again, which if we won those 2 games closes gap to 1 !!!

If we beat blackburn the hull game will be postponed due to the fa cup semi final and will either take place after the wba game or the palace game.

EDIT:Never mind...others beat me to it.

Yeah, I think he would play a weakened team. He made 7 changes to the side last season for the game against us when they had nothing to play for. The fact we didn't beat them last season wasn't because Mourinho came gunning for us with his best side because he loves to beat Liverpool.

I didn't Attack any poster. The post was pathetic imo, .

You just keep on moving the goalposts.

In my first post on here in over a month I shared a photo I found amusing as a joke only for me to be subjected to you launching a vicious/insulting attack on me and my post just because you didnt share my amusement for it. Not only was it unnecessary but so immature. Can you please tell me now how you didnt attack me?(also worth looking at the quoted post where you again called the post pathetic)

If you dont like the post there is an option to ignore or there is a mature way to deal with it such as that brief encounter I had with Rarnes earlier who although didnt like the post and presumed I was a rival fan(before being corrected) didnt sink to your childish and insulting depths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If we beat blackburn the hull game will be postponed due to the fa cup semi final and will either take place after the wba game or the palace game.

Quite you.
    jk

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement