Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

4th is ours to lose now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    You just keep on moving the goalposts.

In my first post on here in over a month I shared a photo I found amusing as a joke only for me to be subjected to you launching a vicious/insulting attack on me and my post just because you didnt share my amusement for it. Not only was it unnecessary but so immature. Can you please tell me now how you didnt attack me?(also worth looking at the quoted post where you again called the post pathetic)

If you dont like the post there is an option to ignore or there is a mature way to deal with it such as that brief encounter I had with Rarnes earlier who although didnt like the post and presumed I was a rival fan(before being corrected) didnt sink to your childish and insulting depths.

You posted something mocking the manager. Imo thats an attack on the manager not criticism. I find that pathetic. Thats not attacking the poster, its attacking the post imo. Maybe we disagree on that but you can report it if you feel that way.

As for me being immature... did you actually read your post about missing me being inducted into the hall of fcuk or whatever it was you said? Reads like something from a football365 comments section.

Anyway i'll move on from this. cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    You just keep on moving the goalposts.

In my first post on here in over a month I shared a photo I found amusing as a joke only for me to be subjected to you launching a vicious/insulting attack on me and my post just because you didnt share my amusement for it. Not only was it unnecessary but so immature. Can you please tell me now how you didnt attack me?(also worth looking at the quoted post where you again called the post pathetic)

If you dont like the post there is an option to ignore or there is a mature way to deal with it such as that brief encounter I had with Rarnes earlier who although didnt like the post and presumed I was a rival fan(before being corrected) didnt sink to your childish and insulting depths.

In fairness, you called him Hitler......

How about we say ye are both wrong and get back to talking about football? Or take it to PM? I hate seeing you guys argue :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

NukaCola wrote: »
    4th is gone. The faster we all accept it the better.

You would not make a good motivational speaker. I'm sure the Liverpool players were watching tonight, Rodgers too and this result just lit a fire within them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You posted something mocking the manager.

No he didn't....and this is something you need to take in and accept before you "move on" or you will encounter the same problem next time.

He posted a joke. And your options are either to laugh at it and thank it.....or say you don't think it's funny and move on. Not quote it and launch into a tirade at how "pathetic his attack is". That's not how jokes work. If it falls flat and isn't funny, somebody will make their own joke at how lame it was.

For an example of this, have a look at these posts from two days ago....
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Could you imagine how that conversation would go?

Lvg: Hallooo am I speaking to the trainer coach of Liverpool

Brenda: Ya what do you want?

Lvg: That skinny fast little kid I think he would fit my philosophy better then he fits yours can I have him

Brenda: go **** off you ******** ***** I will kick your ******** ******

Lvg: April fool I think he is overrated and not worth the wages he looking for bye.
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    justin-timerlake.jpg

The first post got no thanks. The second got 32. Nobody called anybody pathetic and jayo26 got called out for making a poor joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

In fairness, you called him Hitler......

In my defence I was most definately provoked. I tried to lighten peoples mood a bit and my efforts were rewarded with the most astonishing of verbal assaults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

4th is gone. The faster we all accept it the better.

21 points to play for 8 behind( goal difference), City have been in freefall since January. Its absolutely not gone but we would have to win all 7 to get it.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You posted something mocking the manager. Imo thats an attack on the manager not criticism. I find that pathetic. Thats not attacking the poster, its attacking the post imo. Maybe we disagree on that but you can report it if you feel that way.

Give a guess what finger Im holding up

Anyway I will not be sweeping it under the carpet just like that as it was completely uncalled for and everything I said would not have been said if you would have been a good little idiot and not responded to my innocent post with a hate filled rant

rob316 wrote: »
    21 points to play for 8 behind( goal difference), City have been in freefall since January. Its absolutely not gone but we would have to win all 7 to get it.

I've accepted it. Your in stage 1 still. Denial. :p

I'm not gonna talk down to anyone about hoping for 4th or anything like that, its just not going to happen as much as we all would like it to happen. The chances are so small its not worth getting hopeful about, but thats just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

harry-hill-fight-ap-wdc5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Wouldn't you love it if we went to the Bridge, parked the bus against Chelsea, beat them and Arsenal won the league. Karma's a bitch Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wouldn't you love it if we went to the Bridge, parked the bus against Chelsea, beat them and Arsenal won the league. Karma's a bitch Jose.

They'd win with a 95th minute own goal.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

harry-hill-fight-ap-wdc5.jpg

Im happy to settle this the old fashioned way through verbal warfare. Reporting posts is cowardly.

Talk about returning from a month away from boards in a blaze of glory

Well you did Godwin the thread in record time upon your return.....

Its been EPIC. Whose going to play pmy.murphy in the movie version?

Gotta be EpicLloyd. He plays a great Hitler.....

Hitler_plz.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Russell Crowe.

Kirby wrote: »
    The first post got no thanks.

:pac: gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

If Manchester City loose at the weekend, Liverpool, Tottenham and Southampton win, and it will become real exciting again. I hope this happens, it will make the race for 4th so much for exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well you did Godwin the thread in record time upon your return.....

I think another poster holds that record for the linking of the video of Wayne getting knocked to the holocaust.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Monday meltdown!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So do we rest players on wednesday with Newcastle in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Charlie19 wrote: »

No way we have a much better chance of winning the FA cup than winning 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If we and we lose it will be fun in here that's for sure.:P

Eh?

Our season rests on Wednesday.

Strongest team available will and should play

• Advertisement

And it will be a harrowing experience for anyone who might want to share a joke :p

rob316 wrote: »
    No way we have a much better chance of winning the FA cup than winning 4th.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Eh?

Our season rests on Wednesday.

Strongest team available will and should play

53262-Tyrion-Lannister--look-at-the-r0dH.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nothing to be gained from resting players. Our players should largely be rested anyway from the recent not-too-hectic schedule/international break, and we need to get back into the winning habit.

Things will look a lot better if we take Blackburn apart. An uncomfortable game (win or lose) against Blackburn on the other hand, will have people more worried about the Newcastle game. We should be looking to go straight for the jugular in both of these games, really trying to get as many goals as possible imo.

As for all this Hope Vs No Hope - personally, i'll always retain some hope as long as there's a chance, otherwise whats the point? Everything isn't manic fandom Vs dour despondency - there are plenty of shades in between.

I think our chances of top four are all but gone and then when you throw in the few suspensions along with the injury to Ibe,I thought my post would be fairly obvious that I was joking.

Blackburn will probably turn out to be a tough enough tie,even if we had a full squad to choose from.

So yeah We should probably rest Sturridge, Henderson and Sterling. Inserts smiley face just to be clear;)

Don't worry lads, we'll hopefully do a number on City for you next Sunday, United to save the day once again :pac:

Seriously though, tonight's result has to offer some glimmer of hope to Liverpool's top 4 chances. Either way, one of the teams directly above you is dropping points next Sunday, possibly both teams. If Liverpool can bounce back with a win vs Newcastle well then it gets closer once again with 6 games still to play. Liverpool just lost to an in-form Arsenal and an on-the-mend United, that's not the end of the world. I'd argue though that a failure to bounce back in Anfield against Newcastle next Monday would be inexcusable, and a definite sign that top 4 is beyond this Liverpool squad this term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

Hi all. New to the soccer forum but I have been a lurker for quite a while!

Top 4 is gone for us now and we're facing into a crucial summer. We need to sign players that can contribute immediately, we have stockpiled enough players with potential for now.

Hopefully a lot of the Sterling stuff is media hype and he resigns in the summer. I also want us to sign a new starting keeper, I don't think Mignolet will prove to be a long term solution for us.

And if we make it into the Europa League next year, I want us to take it seriously and try to win it. It could be a serious springboard in our development if we were to win it. We would be going into the CL the following season with the momentum of a great European campaign behind us. It could well prove to be our best chance of getting back into the CL anyway, if the current top 4 outspend us in the transfer market again.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm just glad to have access to the soccer forum now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Man U have a tougher run than City, I'm hoping they lose to City and implode.

Man City - H
    Chelsea - A
    Everton - A
    West Brom - H
    Crystal Palace - A
    Arsenal - H
    Hull City - A

J Mysterio wrote: »

Man City - H
    Chelsea - A
    Everton - A
    West Brom - H
    Crystal Palace - A
    Arsenal - H
    Hull City - A

Tough games alright.

However they are 9 points ahead if you add in GD so they can afford to lose 3. That's providing we win every game which ain't gonna happen.

My guess would be 3 wins for Utd would be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

J Mysterio wrote: »

Man City - H
    Chelsea - A
    Everton - A
    West Brom - H
    Crystal Palace - A
    Arsenal - H
    Hull City - A

United only lost 1-0 away to City when playing most of the match with 10 men after Smalling was sent off.
    Got a draw with Chelsea.
    On current form one would say Palace away and Arsenal are the most difficult two games.
    Chelsea have a defeat coming, and Man City are no great shakes right now.

People can hope United will implode, I don't obviously as a United fan, but there is no evidence this will happen. United are getting better, not worse.

I would love to see Liverpool overtake City, United win Sunday and Liverpool win their game and all of a sudden it is deja vu for City who were 4 points clear of United and Arsenal, and earlier in the season people had City nailed on to be in the top 2.
    Liverpool need to believe they can do it, Man City have been in freefall, while it is with Arsenal and United where the form is, so wanting a United loss on Sunday and hoping for implosion, is not the most realistic thing right now, given it is Man City where Liverpool's best chance of a top 4 resides.
    City is where the implosion is happening, their form has been a bit like the oil price which finances them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Tough games alright.

However they are 9 points ahead if you add in GD so they can afford to lose 3. That's providing we win every game which ain't gonna happen.

My guess would be 3 wins for Utd would be enough.

I think you need to check your maths again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Went on a Vacation, and didn't get much Internet. So just got back Home with the News.

So after the loss to Man U, we got Hammered by Arsenal. Damn!

I'd love to Trawl through the Backpages, but it might be best if I do not. Don't want to get my Blood, Boiling so soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I'm new here after only getting access last night but I have been reading this thread while waiting to be accepted. Are people really advocating replacing the manager after 2 defeats to the 2 form teams in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Went on a Vacation, and didn't get much Internet. So just got back Home with the News.

So after the loss to Man U, we got Hammered by Arsenal. Damn!

I'd love to Trawl through the Backpages, but it might be best if I do not. Don't want to get my Blood, Boiling so soon.

Whats it like up there on the moon:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm new here after only getting access last night but I have been reading this thread while waiting to be accepted. Are people really advocating replacing the manager after 2 defeats to the 2 form teams in the league?

No, the season is much broader than two games down the stretch:
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Can we be really clear here? You don't get to ignore the parts of the season you don't like or have a bad three months washed away by a good three months. The manager will be criticised because:

- Our league form before Christmas left us in a huge hole we haven't been good enough to climb out of;
    - Our CL performance was extremely disappointing;
    - Our EL exit to Besiktas was very poor;

That's why he is being criticised.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    No, the season is much broader than two games down the stretch:

I understand how the season works but to be calling for his head after the last 2 games is ridiculous considering I doubt anyone wanted him gone after beating Man City a few weeks ago.

Especially when you consider we could be in an FA Cup final in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Whats it like up there on the moon:rolleyes:

Maybe Raif was somewhere really exotic like the Amazon basin, not everyone goes to Salthill you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I understand how the season works but to be calling for his head after the last 2 games is ridiculous considering I doubt anyone wanted him gone after beating Man City a few weeks ago.

I wouldnt exactly put the house on us beating blackburn, we couldnt do it at anfield what makes you think we will do it at ewood?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I wouldnt exactly put the house on us beating blackburn, we couldnt do it at anfield what makes you think we will do it at ewood?

I am expecting a proper backlash and to have the game finished after half an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am expecting a proper backlash and to have the game finished after half an hour or so.

Have we put any team to the sword like that this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I think if any of the players had that attitude they would be slated. Blackburn deserve a bit of respect for their performances this season, I think most Pool fans would take a win by any means necessary, it's a cup game, the only thing that matters is the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

RobertKK wrote: »
    There is no evidence to back up United will do any such thing.

Form says Liverpool's best chance is for City to keep their current form going. United with the best defense over the past 20 games and in great form, a settled team.
    United also have the best home form in the league. They have lost 5 games in 31 and you think they will lose 3 in 7...

Maybe stats would seem to side with you but having watched them play recently they are a very average team, Van Gaal has them playing mostly route one stuff which in fairness has worked for them up until now.
    I just feel they'll get found out soon, i would think there will be a backlash from city, chelsea have far too much quality to not beat them well and we all know what the gooners are capable of.

City meanwhile are in horrible form but with the quality they have in their side it's hard to see them collapsing completely, and they have a much handier run in on paper than utd.

If we are to steal a top 4 spot however unlikely it is i don't care who misses out, i just think our best hope is for utd to hit a bad run which i think they're due.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ronjo wrote: »
    I think you need to check your maths again ;)

No, his maths are fine. He is talking about utd, and they are 8 points clear of us with much better goal diffeence so we need to make up 9 points on them. His other point is that we won't win all 7 of our games, so he thinks that 9 points for utd in the last 7 games will mean we will not overtake them as we will drop points, i.e. if they get 9 points exactly, we still wouldn't get the 18 points we need from our last 7 to overtake them.

You judge a manager, like a player, over the course of a long period of time.

The people who don't think Rodgers is good enough wont change their minds if he wins several games in a row and the people that want him to stay wont change their minds if he loses a bunch in a row. Nobody is calling for his head after 2 games. They are calling for his head after watching him manage for several seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

5starpool wrote: »
    No, his maths are fine. He is talking about utd, and they are 8 points clear of us with much better goal diffeence so we need to make up 9 points on them. His other point is that we won't win all 7 of our games, so he thinks that 9 points for utd in the last 7 games will mean we will not overtake them as we will drop points, i.e. if they get 9 points exactly, we still wouldn't get the 18 points we need from our last 7 to overtake them.

He said United can afford to lose 3 games which they cant if you win all (which I agree is extrmely unlikely).
    Goal difference doesnt add a point it adds the equivalent of half a point.

It semantics I know so apologies for derailing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

You judge a manager, like a player, over the course of a long period of time.
    They are calling for his head after watching him manage for several seasons.

You mean the first season where he displayed improvement, second when he almost won the league and a third that while disappointing did involve losing the third best player in the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement