Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

noodler wrote: »
    It is horrible the entitled way they mention his name like that even when any possible, tangible interest is a world away.

Most clubs, at worst, wouldn't mention a player's name unless a bid had been submitted.

Real Madrid and Barcelona don't follow those rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It is horrible the entitled way they mention his name like that even when any possible, tangible interest is a world away.

Most clubs, at worst, wouldn't mention a player's name unless a bid had been submitted.

Yeah... but, Zidane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yeah... but, Zidane

All I see now is a Real Madrid Henchman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Reads like he was asked a direct question about Sterling, and answered it.

Plus, its Real Madrid. They are the biggest club in the World.

I don't really think Sterling is going anywhere this summer anyway, tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Liverpool are monitoring Geoffrey Kondogbia (Monaco, ex Sevilla) according to the press. I only mention him as he's not an obvious name but does play in a position where a player is needed.

Very good player, he is holding midfielder in a team with one of the best defences in europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Yeah... but, Zidane
    He spent 6 months talking about Gareth Bale at any opportunity before Real Madrid made an offer. His attitude was that Tottenham shouldn't get in the way and just leave Real Madrid deal with the player. And he wasn't at all happy that Tottenham received such a high fee for the transfer.

Knex. wrote: »
    Reads like he was asked a direct question about Sterling, and answered it.

Plus, its Real Madrid. They are the biggest club in the World.

I don't really think Sterling is going anywhere this summer anyway, tbh

If Rodgers had been asked a random question about, I don't know, say Cavani, would he say he is a player we are monitoring?

Not sure what being the biggest club has to do with it. I am saying they shouldn't, not that they can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Very good player, he is holding midfielder in a team with one of the best defences in europe.

He looks to have bundles of talent and id love us to go for him but based on the fact that hes already very good and that we need a player in that position then id say we are not interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Started at 3 pm

Confirmed #LFCU21 team v Fulham: Vigouroux, Randall, Enrique, Cleary, Maguire, Chirivella, McLaughlin, O’Hanlon, Sinclair, Brannagan, Canos

Confirmed #LFCU21 subs v Fulham: Trickett-Smith, Firth, Kent, Pelosi, Yesil

Liverpool 1-0

edit 1-1

Fulham are playing Moussa Dembele which feels like an unfair advantage. Interesting that Sinclair is playing given that is "on loan"

edit 1-2, Dembele sets up Edun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lads, will you want City or United to win this weekend?

Utd. City look shakey as ****, Utd seem to have belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Trilla wrote: »

Mass stadium brawl with 20 points docked from each team.

Started at 3 pm

Confirmed #LFCU21 team v Fulham: Vigouroux, Randall, Enrique, Cleary, Maguire, Chirivella, McLaughlin, O’Hanlon, Sinclair, Brannagan, Canos

Confirmed #LFCU21 subs v Fulham: Trickett-Smith, Firth, Kent, Pelosi, Yesil

Liverpool 1-0

edit 1-1

Fulham are playing Moussa Dembele which feels like an unfair advantage. Interesting that Sinclair is playing given that is "on loan"

edit 1-2, Dembele sets up Edun.

How can a mid/ late 20's player play in a U21 match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Trilla wrote: »

It has a draw written all over it.

There's no reserve league anymore. I think your allowed 2 over 21's in the team as a result. Or something like that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

It's the replacement competition for reserve teams.

Clubs are only allowed to field three outfield players over the age of 21, plus the goalkeeper is also permitted to be over 21.

Talisman wrote: »
    Damian Comolli wasn't sacked because of the signings, in his role he was to report to the owners on the performance of the manager, this was something he was failing to do. Comolli's reports on Dalglish and the team performance made it clear that he was a yes man for Dalglish.

Link?

I would bet that his signings were a big part of his sacking also.

Its not that Dembele (and as pointed out you can select overage players - Enrique is in Liverpool's this afternoon), this Dembele is 19 and from PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,673 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Whens the blackburn games , ? please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

cjmc wrote: »
    Whens the blackburn games , ? please

Tomorrow night, BT Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its not that Dembele (and as pointed out you can select overage players - Enrique is in Liverpool's this afternoon), this Dembele is 19 and from PSG.

Why do you feel the 18 year old Dembele playing in the u21's is an unfair advantge:confused:

Cos he's built like a brick outhouse and is very hard to dislodge and scores loads! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good to see yesil back, hopefully he can steer clear of injuries for a while

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

So, Sam Byram apparently??

klose wrote: »
    Good to see yesil back, hopefully he can steer clear of injuries for a while

Hopefully but I'd imagine he has no chance of making it at Liverpool now, Jordan Lussey has joined Bolton permanently - which is great news for him.

It does mean we're down a Jordan though!

FT 1-2, loads of half chances not converted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Flanagan, Johnson & Toure contracts is up at the end of this season

Skrtel, Henderson, Enrique & Jones contracts are about to go into there last year.

Henderson & Skrtel need to be sorted asap.

I have a feeling Flanagan will be released if it has been sorted by now he is a free agent at the end of June.

Enrique & Jones can go I would like to keep Toure for his experience but if the bust up is true he may leave himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

NukaCola wrote: »
    It has a draw written all over it.

Best result for us so, we'll gain points on both and get third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jaysus tomorrow really is a huge game the more I think about it. ****ing meltdown city if we get beat I think
    and things could really spiral out of control from that point on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus tomorrow really is a huge game the more I think about it. ****ing meltdown city if we get beat I think

Doesn't change much for me, tbh.

I absolutely want to win the FA Cup, and I do think its a big game, but meltdown city and spiralling out of control? No.

Its not like we'll have learned or found out anything that we didn't already know. We'll still be a team with an injury prone striker, a limited midfield, young players not quite at the level we need, and the old reliables like Gerrard moving on, or Lucas being injured too much, or beyond his best.

Our issues won't magically change win or lose tomorrow.

Well you'd hope so eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Between 8-10million? Is that a lot for 21 y/o championship player these days?

That would mean two relatively inexperienced fullbacks...I mean we can see what's happening to Moreno and what previously happened to Insua...is it wise to continue down this route?

Perhaps the market for fullbacks isnt all that...

We have Scouse Cafu ffs.

Flanagan, Johnson & Toure contracts is up at the end of this season

Skrtel, Henderson, Enrique & Jones contracts are about to go into there last year.

Henderson & Skrtel need to be sorted asap.

I have a feeling Flanagan will be released if it has been sorted by now he is a free agent at the end of June.

Enrique & Jones can go I would like to keep Toure for his experience but if the bust up is true he may leave himself.

I see James Pearce of the echo saying flanagan is holding out for more money, not sure what he is currently on but can't imagine he'd get more at another club and if he did leave he would be taking a big enough step down club wise.

Whilst he was great last season and a breath of fresh air almost, but has to be remembered before that he was/is an injury prone player and was a pretty poor player too at that. Still think he'll sign again all that being said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

klose wrote: »
    I see James Pearce of the echo saying flanagan is holding out for more money,

Pretty good strategy at the moment
    Club is going to need to move some of these contracts into the win column and I imagine the increase he is looking for is small compared to what Sterling and Hendo are holding out for.
    Club might just pay it to get a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nice player but its a big step up. He's not great defensively either but that seems to be a trait of most modern full backs. He has faired much better this season as he has moved further forward ala Bale at Spurs.

He has played a lot for Leeds though atleast 100 appearances considering he is only 21.

Knex. wrote: »
    Doesn't change much for me, tbh.

I absolutely want to win the FA Cup, and I do think its a big game, but meltdown city and spiralling out of control? No.

Its not like we'll have learned or found out anything that we didn't already know. We'll still be a team with an injury prone striker, a limited midfield, young players not quite at the level we need, and the old reliables like Gerrard moving on, or Lucas being injured too much, or beyond his best.

Our issues won't magically change win or lose tomorrow.

A win would lift us.

A loss would be 3 in a row and a decent shout of a trophy gone. Probably wrap up our season early April too.

Maybe that's where Lloyd is coming from.

Players would be well deflated with a loss tomorrow and I'd imagine the season would just tail off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

NukaCola wrote: »
    Link?

I would bet that his signings were a big part of his sacking also.
    Paul Tomkins posted the information on his website back in the day. John Henry had asked his opinion several times as an outside observer and when Dalglish was sacked, Tomkins took a lot of flak from some quarters for his perceived role in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So, how about offer Sterling + 20 million for Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well you'd hope so eh?

No I'd rather we won the FA Cup tbh

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »

More like 40m plus Bale!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    More like 40m plus Bale!

I don't think Madrid would except a deal like that.

I don't think Bale would want to play for Liverpool.

I don't think the club would pay/match his £250k a week wages he gets at Madrid.

I don't think Madrid would except a deal like that.

I don't think Bale would want to play for Liverpool.

I don't think the club would pay/match his £250k a week wages he gets at Madrid.

Thanks for playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

i don't think anyone here realises how huge. i made the mark robins reference yesterday for a reason. lose and no way is rodgers still in a job come august

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i don't think anyone here realises how huge. i made the mark robins reference yesterday for a reason. lose and no way is rodgers still in a job come august

Would be amazed if Rodgers is sacked before next season tbh.

Thanks for playing.

What do I win?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

There is not a chance Rodgers is losing his job because of what happens tomorrow night barring a capitulation by the team and a hammering.

What odds would you give?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

What do I win?

rossie1977

Benteke over Ings if we are looking at a striker in the PL for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Benteke over Ings if we are looking at a striker in the PL for me anyway.

I'd rather Charlie Austin than either if we have to go down that route. I think we need much better than all three.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement